PDA

View Full Version : Long Distance Driving Lights

nealperkins
07-03-2017, 09:51 PM
So now that I have upgraded the lights on my Spyder, they are definitely better. But, how many folks are using the add-on long distance lights? How effective do you find them and what brand did you buy; or, would now buy?
Thanks!

ARtraveler
07-03-2017, 10:26 PM
I use the headlights, driving lights, and lighted bumpskid on mine. Here (AK) just used to light up the front of the bike for oncoming vehicles. We experience summers of mostly light. It is now "dusky" for a couple hours between 2 and 4 AM.

I do no night time driving here. When its dark out at 7:00 PM--the riding season is over for most. Many park their bikes at the end of September. I usually ride until the first ice on the road. Late Oct to Nov. My riding then, is still in the daylight. It does get cold when it gets dark.

I got em, and I use em--but not as intended. :roflblack::roflblack:

Chupaca
07-03-2017, 10:51 PM
I do have driving and fogs set for back roads. Fogs adjusted towards the curbs/shoulders driving on down the road. Tricled has some real nice led lights I may go to but do recommend if your looking for driving lights...:thumbup:
150433 150434 control switches for fogs and driving lights...

nealperkins
07-04-2017, 06:03 AM
Actually, I am very pleased with the amount of light the LED's put out, as far as they go. In certain situations, I just with they reached out a bit further. I've reviewed the Tricled model and thought they were expensive at $300 until I looked at the Clearwater Ericas at $849. I was hoping to hear from some Tricled light owners as to their experiences and recommendations ($849 is off the table!)

Grandpot
07-04-2017, 08:16 AM
I mounted a pair of off-road LEDs onto the A-arms. They are on a separate switch and will only come on if the Spyder high beams are on alao.

Bob Denman
07-04-2017, 08:27 AM
nojoke I just slow down at night; there's too many things out there, that you'll just never see in time. :yikes:
The more light you throw down the road: the faster you tend to drive. You STILL end up over-driving your lights!

Cindy-TricLED
07-04-2017, 11:15 AM
Actually, I am very pleased with the amount of light the LED's put out, as far as they go. In certain situations, I just with they reached out a bit further. I've reviewed the Tricled model and thought they were expensive at $300 until I looked at the Clearwater Ericas at $849. I was hoping to hear from some Tricled light owners as to their experiences and recommendations ($849 is off the table!)

Hi Neal, is this the item you are looking for ?

https://www.tricledusa.com/_p/prd1/3722227501/product/long-distance-high-power-led’s-spotlights

I don't think we have any review or thread in SL for this lights, but I know we have been selling this model for many years now, and it's a great spot lights. Very bright and projected very far.
And last year we changed the wiring using quick-connect also to make the install easier.
if you need the manual, you can also email me at sales@tricled.com.
if you need coupon code for sale, its: usa10
valid until tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for your interest.. and letting me chiming in here.. hope you have a nice 4th July celebration.

Rookiespyder
07-04-2017, 02:38 PM
Try looking at Rigid industries they have all kinds at pretty good prices.

MurrayBrown
07-04-2017, 04:06 PM
I do have driving and fogs set for back roads. Fogs adjusted towards the curbs/shoulders driving on down the road. Tricled has some real nice led lights I may go to but do recommend if your looking for driving lights...:thumbup:
150433 150434 control switches for fogs and driving lights...

Where did you get those handlebar switches? That is quite impressive!

remark2013
07-05-2017, 08:08 AM
I second that, where did you come up with the handle bar switches?

Where did you get those handlebar switches? That is quite impressive!