PDA

View Full Version : Service in South California

Pazuzu
05-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Hi there everybody , my new spyder just reach his first 625 miles.
I was going to take my Spyder to the dealer in Anaheim , they are the only ones that offer service packages .
But today I talked to service and seems like they don't do those packages anymore. They also told me that they are still a BRP dealer but they decided not to sell Spyders anymore.:shocked:
Anyway.
What dealer will you guys recommend for service ? I know that prices vary between them , who has the better prices in South California ?
I live in Pasadena .
Thanks

Al Bragg
05-01-2009, 04:49 PM
What dealer in Anaheim is not selling :spyder2:'s anymore?

We just picket up Quackerz at hahm in Anaheim in Feb, and got a service contract with them.

Al.

Pazuzu
05-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Hahm Motosports . Here is the story I call Hahm last week and asked about the contracts. I talked to Nick in finance and he told me to bring the bike that they will do it . I called service this morning to confirm and the people at service told me that they decided not to do more contract services after this past Tuesday. I talked to Finance again and asked for Nick , he is out today, they said that they might still do contracts that but all depends on Nick and that I need to call him tomorrow .
The part that they don't sell Spyders anymore is true , confirm by both departments.:shocked:

Al Bragg
05-01-2009, 05:10 PM
My bad. I just got off the Phone with Quackerz.

Hahm in Anaheim no longer sells the Spyder or offers the service plan :gaah:

And they told her that our warranty is no longer valid and that they are going to rewrite a new warranty under a new company.

What the :cus: !!!!

Well it’s a nice ride out to Bert's in Covina.

Spanky
05-04-2009, 12:24 PM
There's always Mission Motorsports in Irvine.

Al Bragg
05-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks Spanky, We will give them a look see.:spyder:

mjh
05-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Try Fun Bike Center in San Diego. I know they sell and service Spyders.

magnum
05-20-2009, 10:42 PM
call BERTS MEGA MALLl in azusa off the 210 it it closer than SD I got my :spyder2:there and they do service:2thumbs:

Al Bragg
05-20-2009, 10:58 PM
We have bought 3 bikes at Berts, and we had some work done on the Spyder. No problems.

We are trying DelAmo Motor sports now for a shifting problem. Del Amo is much closer than berts.

Dudley
05-20-2009, 11:22 PM
We have bought 3 bikes at Berts, and we had some work done on the Spyder. No problems.

We are trying DelAmo Motor sports now for a shifting problem. Del Amo is much closer than berts.

Remember PiratePowerSports!

Blackwidow74
05-21-2009, 06:12 AM
You can try Hollywood Honda, It might be closer to you than Bert's. Some of my friends go to Hollywood Honda and they do good work. I was
going to Bert's and was very happy with there work. If you do go to Berts, ask for a service advisor named Josh, he is the most knowledgeable to help you with your spyder. I now take my bike to Pirate Powersports, they know the most about spyders. Its in Riverside, CA though but better than the regular dealers. I have a few friends who have knowledge about dealers service on spyders and Hamn was the worst I am told, any BRP representative you talk to will not advise you to take your bike to Hamn. I went there once before I was told this and I will never go there again.

15150spyder
05-27-2009, 11:52 PM
Remember PiratePowerSports!

ok...someone please tell me where Pirate Power Sports is located. I can not find any info on the web or via 411 on them. My spyder needs it's 625 mile service and I want to get it done before the June Event! Thanks...take care

aka1004
05-28-2009, 12:32 AM
honda of hollywood is very good.
i tried del amo(i recommend to stay away from them) and berts.
berts are pretty good also but more expensive than hollywood honda.
they work off of same set labor but hollywood honda will give you a break if panels are going to be off anyway to do other work. bert's quoted me $850 for 12000 mile service, hollywood honda 450 so...

Al Bragg
05-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Del Amo motor sports did a great jod on the spyder. Fixed the shifting problem.:2thumbs:

Blackwidow74
05-28-2009, 02:34 AM
ok...someone please tell me where Pirate Power Sports is located. I can not find any info on the web or via 411 on them. My spyder needs it's 625 mile service and I want to get it done before the June Event! Thanks...take care

The email address is piratepowersports@earthlink.net and he is located in Riverside, CA.

Desert Spyder
05-28-2009, 06:26 AM

Why don't you take it it Chaparral in SBdno? Its only 1/2 hour from your location.

EJody
06-23-2009, 01:59 AM
Hi there everybody , my new spyder just reach his first 625 miles.
I was going to take my Spyder to the dealer in Anaheim , they are the only ones that offer service packages .
But today I talked to service and seems like they don't do those packages anymore. They also told me that they are still a BRP dealer but they decided not to sell Spyders anymore.:shocked:
Anyway.
What dealer will you guys recommend for service ? I know that prices vary between them , who has the better prices in South California ?
I live in Pasadena .
Thanks

I've spent a lot of time at Del Amo Motorsports in Redondo Beach (right off the 405) with mixed results, but ultimately rewarding. Fernando, their mechanic who does all their Spyder work, is tireless and a creative problem-solver. I like him. I have had to be aggressive with the service staff at getting the work done in a timely manner and for a fair price, but it's worked out. Best to personally contact the service mgr, Michael Larkin if you have a concern.

(I also have 2 Sea-Doos from there and they service them as well. Just stay aggressive yet friendly. The squeaky wheel does get the grease there, literally...)