PDA

View Full Version : Justice is Served

Bob Denman
06-29-2017, 12:58 PM
This one is almost as much fun as watching the ISIS fools kill themselves! :D

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/29/pregnant-woman-runs-over-purse-snatching-suspect-in-walmart-parking-lot-see-video.html

BitSlayer
06-29-2017, 01:25 PM
Too bad she was charged as well. Served him right for breaking into her car and absconding with her purse.

oldguyinTX
06-29-2017, 01:27 PM
Serves the a*****e right. Payback's a bitch, ain't it?

Fatcycledaddy
06-29-2017, 01:27 PM
She armed herself with a van and ran a thief over.
If she armed her self with a baseball bat, gun or a knife would she be in the same trouble, or was it because it was a car?

ARtraveler
06-29-2017, 01:56 PM
I just knew she would be charged with assault with a deadly weapon. Sometimes, karma can be expensive.

We had an incident at a smoke shop last night. Robber came in, stole a carton of cigs and fled--no weapon was brandished. The clerk pulled out a gun and fired shots at the fleeing robber--who got away most likely unharmed. Had it been an incident where the robber was hit--I am guessing the clerk would have been arrested for ADW and a lawsuit filed against the store. :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-29-2017, 02:20 PM
I just knew she would be charged with assault with a deadly weapon. Sometimes, karma can be expensive.

We had an incident at a smoke shop last night. Robber came in, stole a carton of cigs and fled--no weapon was brandished. The clerk pulled out a gun and fired shots at the fleeing robber--who got away most likely unharmed. Had it been an incident where the robber was hit--I am guessing the clerk would have been arrested for ADW and a lawsuit filed against the store. :thumbup:
If she DEMANDS a jury trial .... I thinks she'll beat it :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:...... ....... Mike :thumbup:

Bob Denman
06-29-2017, 02:24 PM
:agree:, and I hope that she does! :2thumbs:
Jail her???? :gaah:
She should get the keys to the City! :bowdown:

mowin
06-29-2017, 02:56 PM
Her being pregnant explains a lot. She couldn't run after him and tackle him without possibly causing injury to her unborn child. So, the car should be a acceptable tackling instrument. :spyder:

Bob Denman
06-29-2017, 04:53 PM
That seems like a reasonable argument for her actions! :clap: :thumbup:

Chupaca
06-29-2017, 06:21 PM
Automobiles will go the way of the gun...:banghead::banghead: cars kill people...he was lucky that one misfired...:roflblack:

oldguyinTX
06-29-2017, 10:45 PM
Pregnant equals hormones. Need I say more?

vampyregirl
06-29-2017, 10:51 PM
I saw this video on the news tonight. Bad as it sounds, I laughed sooooo hard!!! Serves the guy right!! I hope she gets either a very minimal fine or nothing at all!!!

Grandpot
06-30-2017, 06:43 AM
She actually seemed like a very skilled driver. She missed everything else in the parking lot and nailed the fool. :yes:

Bob Denman
06-30-2017, 07:52 AM
I saw this video on the news tonight. Bad as it sounds, I laughed sooooo hard!!! Serves the guy right!! I hope she gets either a very minimal fine or nothing at all!!!
I think that she just has to request a trial jury... they would probably award her damages! :D

mowin
06-30-2017, 01:08 PM
I think that she just has to request a trial jury... they would probably award her damages! :D

I'd love to be on that jury...:roflblack:

Bob Denman
06-30-2017, 01:10 PM
:DMe tooooo! Let's go volunteer! :thumbup:

Old Crow
07-01-2017, 01:43 AM
I have a concealed carry permit and am rarely unarmed. As a result I am quite familiar with KY laws regarding use of deadly force. Without getting too detailed I can legally use deadly force against an imminent threat, otherwise, no. A robber who is running away from me with my wallet and watch in hand is NOT an imminent threat. If I put two rounds in his back from a distance of 15 yards, I'm going to be charged, face thousands in legal bills, likely jail time and a felony record for the rest of my life.

It may sound satisfying to do so, after all the guy is a criminal and I'm the victim. Right up to the moment I pull the trigger. Or punch the gas and watch the guy disappear under the front of my Expedition. It's no different.

This is vigilante justice. We've got enough problems without encouraging this kind of crap.

Bob

mowin
07-01-2017, 06:57 AM
I have a concealed carry permit and am rarely unarmed. As a result I am quite familiar with KY laws regarding use of deadly force. Without getting too detailed I can legally use deadly force against an imminent threat, otherwise, no. A robber who is running away from me with my wallet and watch in hand is NOT an imminent threat. If I put two rounds in his back from a distance of 15 yards, I'm going to be charged, face thousands in legal bills, likely jail time and a felony record for the rest of my life.

It may sound satisfying to do so, after all the guy is a criminal and I'm the victim. Right up to the moment I pull the trigger. Or punch the gas and watch the guy disappear under the front of my Expedition. It's no different.

This is vigilante justice. We've got enough problems without encouraging this kind of crap.

Bob

While I agree with you on the legal aspect, I still would acquit her if I was on that jury. The idiot got what he deserved.

Bob Denman
07-01-2017, 01:07 PM
:agree: I believe that they call it "Jury nullification". :thumbup:

BajaRon
07-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Why would you try to outrun a car in a parking lot by going down the middle of the lane? Especially when the driver is the person you just ripped off? I wish there were a sentence for stupidity. But that one would probably get all of us at one time or another.

Bob Denman
07-01-2017, 01:35 PM
:agree: But then, all of our online dating profiles would say the same thing:

Old Crow
07-01-2017, 01:52 PM
While I agree with you on the legal aspect, I still would acquit her if I was on that jury. The idiot got what he deserved.

No, he didn't. Robbery is not a capitol offense. If you were sitting on HIS jury would you sentence him to death? By applauding her actions that is essentially what you are doing. Hell, even in Saudi Arabia he would just lose a hand. We are a nation of laws, and when we start ignoring those laws we descend into anarchy.

Bob

Bob Denman
07-01-2017, 01:55 PM
As I said... :thumbup:

Search Results Jury nullification occurs when jurors choose not to convict a defendant they believe to be guilty of the offense charged, usually because they conclude that the law in question is unjust or the punishment is excessive.

mowin
07-01-2017, 08:37 PM
No, he didn't. Robbery is not a capitol offense. If you were sitting on HIS jury would you sentence him to death? By applauding her actions that is essentially what you are doing. Hell, even in Saudi Arabia he would just lose a hand. We are a nation of laws, and when we start ignoring those laws we descend into anarchy.

Bob

I couldn't sentence him to death for robbery. The max allowed would be much less. But yes I'd find him guilty, because he IS guilty.

I'd still aquit the lady.. :thumbup: