PDA

View Full Version : POLL: RT-622 Trailer/Bike Mismatch

SteveandBelinda
06-28-2017, 11:19 PM
Just curious how many people have bought a RT-622 Trailer, because they are hard to find, and don't want to spend the added money to paint it, just so it matches your bike?
This is the case with me. I bought a beautiful one that is Blue (my favorite color), BUT my bike is a 2014 RTL Pearl White.
Actually, at the 10th Anniversary, we stayed in Sherbrooke at the Delta Hotel, and we noticed a bike and trailer just the opposite of ours. They had the Blue bike & White Trailer, because I joked to my wife and said we ought to look them up and trade trailers

SpyderAnn01
06-28-2017, 11:34 PM
I bought my black RT-622 back in 2010 when I had a black RT. The trailer coordinated nicely with my yellow 13 and it looks fine with my white 14. I was at a rally last year and a guy pulled in with a black RT and a white 622 trailer and I said we should trade. I was kidding but he was pretty serious, I couldn't do it since his was much newer than mine and I didn't think it was a fair trade for him.

trikermutha
06-28-2017, 11:36 PM
Wrap it to match the color of the bike or other fancy wrap that will blend in..

SteveandBelinda
06-29-2017, 12:03 AM
That's what my son in-law was saying, since that is what he does (graphic wrapping) on Police cars Ambulances, and whatever someone wants, but I want to be able to open the trailer and not see the blue, Not sure he would wrap the interior and exterior or not, or would be able to wrap it in a Pearl White.

Wrap it to match the color of the bike or other fancy wrap that will blend in..

SpyderAnn01
06-29-2017, 12:07 AM
That's what my son in-law was saying, since that is what he does (graphic wrapping) on Police cars Ambulances, and whatever someone wants, but I want to be able to open the trailer and not see the blue, Not sure he would wrap the interior and exterior or not, or would be able to wrap it in a Pearl White.

You could have him do some wide white racing stripes on the lid

loisk
06-29-2017, 12:38 AM
OR

you could have just swapped some spyder panels over, and each end up with a blue and white bike !:roflblack::yes:

Buckeye Bleau
06-29-2017, 05:53 AM
As opposed to recoloring the whole thing with a wrap or paint job, try complimenting the colors with a transition vinyl pattern of some sort.

As an example, since Byke is white and trailer is Blue, how about a red racing stipe down the middle of both. If you send pictures of both to Pete at Wrap My Spyder, he will make something up for you and send the idea back.

Compliment them both in order to tie them together.

Joe

trikermutha
06-29-2017, 07:43 AM

Wrap a picture under the lid of your favorite picture or graphic..See what your son in law can do for you..

Or go find out how much a paint job will cost you too..A wrap can be removed and colors/graphics are amazing with the right touch

jaherbst
06-29-2017, 08:08 AM
Why repaint? My trailer is bright red that matched my red 2013 RT. Traded the RT in on a White 2014. I think they look good together. There are many factory colors that work together. Why waste the money to paint or wrap. No body cares what colors you combine except you. Repaints are never as good as the factory nor are wraps. JMO

Jack

BilltheDiver
06-29-2017, 08:12 AM
I have a 2015 Intense pearl red RTL. I recently bought a used silver 622. I would like them to match, but I will live with it. I bought the trailer for function rather than style.

blacklightning
06-29-2017, 08:25 AM
One of my best spyder friends had a nicely matched red 2011 RT and trailer. 2 years ago they traded the spyder for a congnac 2014 RTS with the black wheels. That really looks odd, but considering they don't use the trailer except for long trips, they said they would live with it.

Fatcycledaddy
06-29-2017, 08:30 AM
How about a wrap on the saddlebags and trunk of the bike transitioning or fading from white to blue. The trailer then would be the completion of the transition.

Copperman
06-29-2017, 08:39 AM
I have a pearl white 622 that matches my F3 Limited. I think it looks nice when they match. My wife just bought a black 622 to pull with her intense red F3 Limited. She says black goes with everything. My wife is always right. :D

SteveandBelinda
06-29-2017, 08:29 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. After hearing all your comments, I would have to agree that it looks fine even if they don't match in color. The other problem is, I chose the bike because it was a good deal, and the same with the trailer. Other catch about not really wanting to repainted, is that Blue is my favorite color, especially that shade in metallic.

Uticat
06-29-2017, 10:02 PM
2015 RTL Pearl White, 2012 RT622 Lava Bronze, Also known as "Snow White and 'Lil Turd" Got a great deal on the trailer and couldn't pass it up.

trikermutha
06-29-2017, 11:51 PM
take it over to west coast customs they will give it some bling bling,TV monitors and Chrome the whole trailer too..:roflblack:

That will match any Spyder .

ISPYD
06-30-2017, 02:09 AM
Just curious how many people have bought a RT-622 Trailer, because they are hard to find, and don't want to spend the added money to paint it, just so it matches your bike?
This is the case with me. I bought a beautiful one that is Blue (my favorite color), BUT my bike is a 2014 RTL Pearl White.
Actually, at the 10th Anniversary, we stayed in Sherbrooke at the Delta Hotel, and we noticed a bike and trailer just the opposite of ours. They had the Blue bike & White Trailer, because I joked to my wife and said we ought to look them up and trade trailers

I looked for months for the 622 trailer and could not find one anywhere that was within 200 miles that would match my Intense red pearl RT Limited. I found a 2013 darkish brown metal flake one about 170 miles from where I live. There is absolutely nothing I felt I could do to that trailer to accomplish a good look with my Spyder. Not knocking the brown color it just looked sad with the Spyder. I went to my local dealer and they gave me the name of a painter who does custom painting of their custom Indian motorcycles.

I pick my trailer up next week and am excited to say the least. The painter asked me to come over with a piece of plastic from the Spyder so it was as close as possible to the Spyder color.

I feel it is worth it to me not to have to shake my head in disapproval every time I look at the trailer as I was doing. So instead of feeling negativity over the color I will be looking at it with a big smile on my face.

If if the trailer had been either white, black or silver I would not have painted it.

Buckeye Bleau
06-30-2017, 05:54 AM
One thing that you may want to look up for your 622 is a new offering from Tricled.

They have a great little lighting kit for the upper area of the 622, it starts yellow at the Logo on the front side and extends to the rear while transitioning to red at the rear side. It looks great and adds side lighting for more visibility in dark conditions.

joe
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/webkit-fake-url://491faccc-336a-4864-a014-68aa71260a78/imagejpeg

Charlottes Web
06-30-2017, 09:14 AM
This is my set up
Chris

Cindy-TricLED
06-30-2017, 09:31 AM
One thing that you may want to look up for your 622 is a new offering from Tricled.

They have a great little lighting kit for the upper area of the 622, it starts yellow at the Logo on the front side and extends to the rear while transitioning to red at the rear side. It looks great and adds side lighting for more visibility in dark conditions.

joe
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/webkit-fake-url://491faccc-336a-4864-a014-68aa71260a78/imagejpeg

Thank you Buckeye Bleau for the mention! Happy 4th of July weekend to you

Huked
06-30-2017, 08:47 PM
How about a wrap on the saddlebags and trunk of the bike transitioning or fading from white to blue. The trailer then would be the completion of the transition.

That is what I was going to say, was just reading to see if anyone else said first lol. A nice fade to blue would look nice, or even the ripped look like the blue is ripping away from the speed and the white is showing from under.

Jetfixer
07-02-2017, 09:14 AM
I'd go with some blue stripes on the bike and some white stripes on the trailer.