PDA

View Full Version : single wheel trailer

spydaman60
06-27-2017, 02:27 PM
anybody out there drag a single wheel trailer behind their spyder? looking for recommendations. don't really need a big one, as we generally trailer the spyder behind the RV, but occasionally a three or four day trip with the f3t and no RV, we would need a little more storage space.

JayBros
06-27-2017, 02:51 PM
For the price of the only one I could locate on the Net that I might consider towing behind a motorcycle IMO a Freedom Trailer or third party two wheel motorcycle trailer would be a much better choice. I doubt one would want to risk bearing failure on a small single wheel trailer at highway speed on the far side of beyond. Perhaps an OK gimmick for a short run to the grocery, but not much else. That small single wheel is going to spin faster than a high speed dreidel on steroids at highway speed.

pegasus1300
06-27-2017, 02:52 PM
Single wheel trailers are generally used by vehicles that lean,ie motorcycles. Why are you interested in this type of trailer? :dontknow: Inquiring minds want to know:roflblack:

Chupaca
06-27-2017, 03:09 PM
Don't trailer but I did google the single wheel trailer and they have a bunch of them out there . The better nicer looking ones are not that cheap and must be awkward to move around with an unbalanced load.....But you can have fun shopping....:yikes:

ARtraveler
06-27-2017, 03:23 PM
Just the thought of it puts a little scare in me. One wheel, when it fails, will put the trailer on the ground, and then the dragging begins.

Going to mess up the control of the :ani29: and may cause safety issues. Not me. :bowdown::bowdown:

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-27-2017, 03:50 PM
I'm going waaaaay back .... I believe these were originally for bicycle use .... then they made them sturdier for Motorcyles .... I think " Jay " has a better idea though ....... someone on the Forum just had a really trailer for sale for $ 350.00 it held 18 cu.ft weighed about 175 lbs empty ....it was Red ........... Mike :thumbup:

blacklightning
06-27-2017, 04:29 PM
I am not a fan of trailers, but am also in need of extra space for storage whenever the wife rides along for a 3-5 day trip. So, I just ordered a trailer hitch for my F3T. But I will not be using it for a trailer, I intend on using it with the Doc Humphries Rack and Pack. I had one installed on my RT, and loved it. It doubled my storage space in the RT, and had no issues with backing up. I also could not even tell it was there. Here's a picture of it on my RT.150197

Brentc
06-27-2017, 04:48 PM
Hey Chuck, my brother in law did a little research on those a while back for his Harley. I think this is the brand he was leaning towards, no pun intended!
http://n-line.com/products/single-wheel-motorcycle-trailer/

BajaRon
06-27-2017, 05:18 PM
Hey Chuck, my brother in law did a little research on those a while back for his Harley. I think this is the brand he was leaning towards, no pun intended!
http://n-line.com/products/single-wheel-motorcycle-trailer/

Maybe it's just me. But don't they look a bit like a coffin on a wheel?

blacklightning
06-27-2017, 08:01 PM
I am nor sure of the brand, but i was at a M109 meet this past week in Staunton, Va. There were 2 guys that had the single wheel trailer and they loved it. I had seen one local for $600 about a year ago and should have picked it up. But i consider the single wheeled ones would be better if pulled by a 2 wheeler.

coastrider
06-27-2017, 10:16 PM
Unigotrailers.com

I pulled one across the continent many times behind my Goldwing. Never a single problem. It was small enough to take into your motel room and big enough to carry tons of gear.

cognaccruiser
06-28-2017, 09:22 AM
Unigotrailers.com

I pulled one across the continent many times behind my Goldwing. Never a single problem. It was small enough to take into your motel room and big enough to carry tons of gear.

Yes, these have been around for a very long time and have a good reputation to the best of my knowledge. They are meant to lean so just not sure how they would lend themselves to a Spyder but I'm sure the people that make them can shed some light on that.

Gary