PDA

View Full Version : something has been dripped onto the back of my Spedo screen ....

bmwlarry
06-25-2017, 09:59 AM
I noticed yesterday that some sort of condensation or something has shown up and dried on the inside of the speedometer screen. It has been stored in the garage and hasn't been washed for quite a time. Any clue on what it may be. 15 RT with 9700 miles on it,

BoilerAnimal
06-25-2017, 10:29 AM
Looks like condensation that has not completely dried. My fuel gauge does the same thing if I ride in the rain or even get a light spray on it when washing my Spyder. Try letting it set in the sun. My fuel gauge clears up in a day or so leaving no hint that anything had happened.

Chupaca
06-25-2017, 10:37 AM
There was a time this was a problem. You can get replacement lens and reseal it but I would check with dealer and see if brp will cover the problem. Don"t remember it they repaired or replaced back then. :dontknow:

MEP
06-25-2017, 11:05 AM
Here you go...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?86659-Instrument-Gauge-Lens-Issue

I'm on my 5th lens, the last one replaced by my dealer as an act of goodwill and customer appreciation. BRP has failed to correct this issue.

2dogs
06-25-2017, 11:29 AM
I had the same stuff show up on mine shortly after I bought my spyder. The service department removed the dash and lens and cleaned the lens. According to the service manager whoever manufactured the speedo and gage display for BRP, installed an anti fog substance on the back of the lens. I guess you and I and a few others got a little more anti fog substance than was required. A simple fix, no damage done and if you're a DIY'er it's not a difficult job to complete. I believe I was told they cleaned it off with alcohol. The denatured type, not the Jack Daniels type.

Highwayman2013
06-25-2017, 12:32 PM
You can try to fix it if it really bothers you. We had this on our 2012 RT and just left it alone.