PDA

View Full Version : Head lamps not working

jaybird1
06-21-2017, 08:00 PM
Both headlamps are not working on 2016 RT. What could be wrong?

Well after talking with Doc and taking his advice, the problem solved! FLIP THE SWITCH DUMB BUTT! It seems I mistakenly turned off fog lights while cleaning cluster. Totally wrong on description of problem, no t head lamps...fog lights.

Thanks Doc for taking the time to help an idiot.

JayBros
06-21-2017, 08:12 PM
Check in your owner's manual and be certain the fuses and relays are properly and completely seated. Doesn't fix, dealer warranty issue.

SteveLaoyster
06-21-2017, 09:19 PM
Check in your owner's manual and be certain the fuses and relays are properly and completely seated. Doesn't fix, dealer warranty issue.:agree:

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-21-2017, 09:25 PM
Check in your owner's manual and be certain the fuses and relays are properly and completely seated. Doesn't fix, dealer warranty issue.
:agree:.......It would be very unusual for BOTH BULBS to fail at the same time ..... Mike :thumbup:

jaybird1
06-21-2017, 09:50 PM

I checked the fuse block on the right side of bike and made sure all were seated. There are two fuse blocks, does both have fuses for main lights? Seems odd that both lights would go out if on different circuit. Thanks for your reply.

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-22-2017, 01:01 PM
I checked the fuse block on the right side of bike and made sure all were seated. There are two fuse blocks, does both have fuses for main lights? Seems odd that both lights would go out if on different circuit. Thanks for your reply.
No. The right one has the fuses for the lights, but the high beam one is the one that matters. The low beam one powers the shutters. Both blocks have relays for the lights. Make sure all are seated properly. If that isn't the problem see the dealer. If the fuses are all OK, and the relays are seated properly, then you most likely have a bad relay. The only other cause would be loose wiring connection or a problem with the engine computer, which would be very, very, unlikely.

SteveLaoyster
06-22-2017, 02:12 PM
Here is the fuse locations. Pull out #5 & see if it's blown.

149897 149898R1 is the light relay.

Doc - Riverside
06-22-2017, 03:28 PM
Both headlamps are not working on 2016 RT. What could be wrong?

Problem could be that the 5 pin connector on the back of the left headlight has come disconnected. There is a jumper wire installed on the headlight connector that configures the wiring to the US/Canada light standard. If the jumper isn't functioning neither headlight will light.

jaybird1
06-22-2017, 04:16 PM
No. The right one has the fuses for the lights, but the high beam one is the one that matters. The low beam one powers the shutters. Both blocks have relays for the lights. Make sure all are seated properly. If that isn't the problem see the dealer. If the fuses are all OK, and the relays are seated properly, then you most likely have a bad relay. The only other cause would be loose wiring connection or a problem with the engine computer, which would be very, very, unlikely.

The high beams are working, it is the lights on the side of the frunk. I will check the other fuse block, but this shouldn't be happening. The dealer installed/replaced side markers with LED's with blinker module, could this be the culprit?

jaybird1
06-22-2017, 04:18 PM
Problem could be that the 5 pin connector on the back of the left headlight has come disconnected. There is a jumper wire installed on the headlight connector that configures the wiring to the US/Canada light standard. If the jumper isn't functioning neither headlight will light.

How do I check this to see if this is the problem?

Doc - Riverside
06-22-2017, 05:34 PM
How do I check this to see if this is the problem?

You just stated that the Headlights are functioning so the jumper is fine but you don't have the lower set of lights. The white light on either side of the front trunk are the Fog lights. The Fog lights are switched on by activating the far right switch above the glove box.