PDA

View Full Version : Rugged Geek.....Any Issues?

Peteoz
06-20-2017, 12:56 AM
I tried to use my Rugged Geek from Lamont for the first time yesterday, but could not get the "green for go" light to come on. It just kept flashing red/green......and yes, I did plug the cables into the starter before connecting. I pulled out another, older starter, connected it, got the "green for go" and just like magic, the F3 started......I decided to isolate it a bit further, and connected the cables from the older starter into the Geek, got the "green for go", and the Geek started the F3, so it's not the Geek starter itself, but appears to be somewhere in the cables.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced difficulties getting the Geek to give the green light, in case I am not doing something right with it. Any comments gratefully received, as usual.;)

Pete

Bob Denman
06-20-2017, 07:11 AM
:dontknow: Mine worked just fine when I had to give our Lawn Tractor a jump-start... :dontknow:

Devious56
06-20-2017, 11:27 AM
I tried to use my Rugged Geek from Lamont for the first time yesterday, but could not get the "green for go" light to come on. It just kept flashing red/green......and yes, I did plug the cables into the starter before connecting. I pulled out another, older starter, connected it, got the "green for go" and just like magic, the F3 started......I decided to isolate it a bit further, and connected the cables from the older starter into the Geek, got the "green for go", and the Geek started the F3, so it's not the Geek starter itself, but appears to be somewhere in the cables.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced difficulties getting the Geek to give the green light, in case I am not doing something right with it. Any comments gratefully received, as usual.;)

Pete

Did you hook the leads up as instructerd, then put the ignition to stand by, then start? When I hooked mine up , it flashed like that, and when I put in in standby, I overshot the indent and hit start
. At that time the green light came on and it started fine.

David

Buckeye Bleau
06-20-2017, 11:50 AM
What is a Geek?

Joe

Peteoz
06-20-2017, 03:44 PM
Did you hook the leads up as instructerd, then put the ignition to stand by, then start? When I hooked mine up , it flashed like that, and when I put in in standby, I overshot the indent and hit start
. At that time the green light came on and it started fine.

David

Thanks David. Yes, I hooked it up as per instructions, which are to make sure you get the green light first, before starting the Spyder, to ensure you have the right polarity. I'll do a bit more investigating.

Pete

wyliec
06-20-2017, 04:38 PM
What is a Geek?

Joe

It's Lamont's Jump Pack.

Peteoz
07-15-2017, 09:21 PM
Lamont very kindly sent me another Rugged Geek pack, and I am having exactly the same lack of green light cable results on both cars, so either I have got another bad one, or I am doing something wrong (I know what my money is on, but I just can't see where I COULD be going wrong.):dontknow:

I am following the instructions in the user guide to the letter, plugging the cables to the Geek, getting the flashing red/green light, connecting the cables to the correct battery posts, switching the engine to accessory, turning on the interior light to make sure there is enough draw, and I am still only getting green/red flashing and not getting Green for Go.:gaah: I have even tried starting both cars, as that is another trouble shooting option that should ensure enough draw to give a green light, but no.

The cables don't appear to have a break in them as they give me both a reverse polarity warning when I hook them up the wrong way, and also a warning when I touch the clamp ends together.

Has ANYONE ever had a similar problem with their Geek? I can't imagine US and Aussie car builds would have anything to do with it, but I'm clutching at straws.

Pete