PDA

View Full Version : Fobo Accuracy

I-Day
06-19-2017, 02:19 PM
Just wondering how accurate they are. My bike sat for a month because of a major construction project at home and when I went to get it out of a nice garage it read more psi in each tire than before I put it away.

AeroPilot
06-19-2017, 03:16 PM
If two months ago you checked the tire pressure when temps were in the 40s, you will see higher pressures now that the garage temps (or wherever the Spyder is stored) is now much warmer. FOBO also has the feature of showing the pressures as either gauge or absolute pressure. Maybe your settings changed?

I-Day
06-19-2017, 05:09 PM
If two months ago you checked the tire pressure when temps were in the 40s, you will see higher pressures now that the garage temps (or wherever the Spyder is stored) is now much warmer. FOBO also has the feature of showing the pressures as either gauge or absolute pressure. Maybe your settings changed?

Makes sense! Thank You

AY4B
06-19-2017, 09:27 PM
Make sure it is connecting. Sometimes it is just showing the reading the last time it was connected. When it connects it lightens up brighter.

AY4B
06-19-2017, 09:34 PM
Make sure it is connecting. Sometimes it is just showing the reading the last time it was connected. When it connects it lightens up brighter.

It could be the pressure you remember is the cold pressure before you went for a ride. It heats up during the ride and the pressure goes up. That may be what you are seeing. The warmed up tire pressure and it may not have made a connection since. BTW, they are very accurate.