PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Part Number?

kentompkins
06-15-2017, 07:06 PM
Can someone, please, provide the BRP part number for the Satellite Radio Kit? I can't locate my 2014 Accessories Catalog and need the specific 2014 part number. Thanks....

ken tompkins

Purple Guy
06-15-2017, 07:11 PM

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-15-2017, 09:54 PM
Can someone, please, provide the BRP part number for the Satellite Radio Kit? I can't locate my 2014 Accessories Catalog and need the specific 2014 part number. Thanks....

ken tompkins Ken, imho there is absolutely no advantage to getting the BRP system vs. an aftermarket Sirius ( which is what BRP buys and Then sells to you for $500.00 MORE :yikes: ) Both work EXACTLY the same way, thru the OEM radio.....Both are plug & play ...... and as I just explained to another member you can get an ala carte subscription from Sirius for $ 8.99 per month - what you get is - you can pick any 50 stations for that price. The only catch is their are only TWO XM receivers that have this option ( BRP's isn't one of them ) one is very low cost ( about the same as the intro model ) and the other is mid-way in pricing ....... go to the Sirius WEB site .... and check prices at BEST BUY for bargains ....... good luck ..... Mike :thumbup:

kentompkins
06-17-2017, 12:39 PM
Mike....Thanks for the suggestion. If I understand what you said -- I may not -- you suggest that I should (1) buy the Sirius Connect Satellite Radio Vehicle Tuner and (2) an Onyx Receiver. In the kit there is a power source link for the radio, an antenna for the radio and a place to plug the BRP audio plug (normally used on mp3 player)? Mount the whole shebang in the rear trunk. Even at list this can be done for around $50.

Is that correct?

I'll look into it. Thanks, again.

ken tompkins

Ken, imho there is absolutely no advantage to getting the BRP system vs. an aftermarket Sirius ( which is what BRP buys and Then sells to you for $500.00 MORE :yikes: ) Both work EXACTLY the same way, thru the OEM radio.....Both are plug & play ...... and as I just explained to another member you can get an ala carte subscription from Sirius for $ 8.99 per month - what you get is - you can pick any 50 stations for that price. The only catch is their are only TWO XM receivers that have this option ( BRP's isn't one of them ) one is very low cost ( about the same as the intro model ) and the other is mid-way in pricing ....... go to the Sirius WEB site .... and check prices at BEST BUY for bargains ....... good luck ..... Mike :thumbup:

Bob Denman
06-17-2017, 12:48 PM
Hi Ken,
You can plug the Onyx XM Receiver into the 12 volt power port in the top trunk. (Just be sure to change the configuration of the power supply over, so that it shuts off with the key.)
You then use BRP's MP-3 patch cord, to plug it into the BRP radio port in the top tunk...
Easy Peasey! :D