PDA

View Full Version : Battery Again?

Sarge707
06-12-2017, 08:01 AM
https://www.amazon.com/Yuasa-YUAM7250H-YTX24HL-Battery/dp/B000N5SBBM

2012 RT Battery is Slowly going (I can Tell) The one above is YTX24HL-BS But it Comes sealed and Pre-charged and I know Amazon will back up any Product from experience.
Is the BS a Problem -Comes Charged AND Sealed? Anyone buy one on line that's the same???

Bob Denman
06-12-2017, 08:04 AM
I guess that I'm kind of old-fashioned about these things...
Since your battery has to lay on it's side once it's installed: I prefer a pre-sealed battery.
But give it a night on the charger as soon as you can! :D

Easy Rider
06-12-2017, 08:17 AM
Is the BS a Problem -Comes Charged AND Sealed?

Very typical and nothing to worry about.
Giving it a charge before installing just to be sure is a good idea.

billybovine
06-12-2017, 08:22 AM
YTX24HL-BS and YTX24HL are the same battery. The BS extension means that the battery is bottle filled by the vendor or customer. Without the BS extension, the battery is factory filled. If prepared properly the BS battery is better because it will be the freshest. You would not know how long a factory filled battery could have been sitting on the shelf in partly discharged state, shortening its life.

Most problems blamed on the battery are not the battery's fault. Changing out the battery before really knowing what the real problem is will not fix things for long.

finless
06-12-2017, 08:45 AM
My BS battery lasted only 6 months because the person that activated it, did not do it right.

Bob

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-12-2017, 10:13 AM
My BS battery lasted only 6 months because the person that activated it, did not do it right.

Bob
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:: agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:.. .........AND :agree: ...... Mike :thumbup:

Sarge707
06-12-2017, 04:36 PM
YTX24HL-BS and YTX24HL are the same battery. The BS extension means that the battery is bottle filled by the vendor or customer. Without the BS extension, the battery is factory filled. If prepared properly the BS battery is better because it will be the freshest. You would not know how long a factory filled battery could have been sitting on the shelf in partly discharged state, shortening its life.

Most problems blamed on the battery are not the battery's fault. Changing out the battery before really knowing what the real problem is will not fix things for long.

It is 5 years old and better safe than sorry. I might also be selling it within a year so I would want the New owner NOT to have a problem.

I guess it comes down to the prep of either the factory/dealer or the vendor? A coin flip.