PDA

View Full Version : Question about shock adjusters

wrb3004
06-11-2017, 09:48 AM
I have read many posts about this and I am wondering what the benefit is. Do they help on the straight away and the uneven road surface or more for cornering? I tend to get some bobbing side to side which is most likely common but was wondering if shock adjusters helped prevent this.

Lew L
06-11-2017, 10:01 AM
I don't think spring stiffiners will help with your bobbing side to side. Along with an anti-sway bar up-grade, spring stiffeners make for a much " sportier" ride in the curves.

Kaos

BTW : I hate auto spell.

Chupaca
06-11-2017, 10:10 AM
The stiffer shock settings will keep the nose from diving when goning into corners and braking holding you flater and more even to the road. If your getting a side to side dip it would also help there though not a common thing with these machines. Did not notice which model spyder you are on but the adjusters help a lot on the models that came with non adjustable shocks. The BajaRon sway bar and hiem joints will also help you with handling and a laser alignment with the tracking...:thumbup:

trikermutha
06-11-2017, 10:53 AM
Yes they help . Baja Ron sells the shock adjusters and work as advertised. Doc Humphrey has another version too.

Bob Denman
06-11-2017, 03:43 PM
:agree: It allows to dial-in your ride height... :thumbup:
And by adding some preload: it does stiffen the front suspension a bit.
But the anti-sway bar is probably the most useful way to improve the feel of the bike in the corners. :clap: