PDA

View Full Version : I wish Kawi made Spyders

Rogue Hawk
06-09-2017, 01:45 PM
Here we go again. My F3 is acting up. Now there is a growing vibration in the front end. Off to iMotorsports again :( If you don't know, there is already $10K in repairs on my F3 already. I don't ride it hard and it gets its maintenance. This just sux.:banghead:

In contrast, my little Ninja 650 hums along with no complaint. It has more miles on it and gets run much harder.

Bob Denman
06-09-2017, 01:48 PM
:shocked: Are there any other Dealerships around, that you could have take a look at it? :dontknow:
Perhaps a fresh set of eyeballs could make a difference.

ARtraveler
06-09-2017, 01:55 PM
It is unfortunate that you are continuing to have problems with the F3. There are always a few that get more of their share of issues.

I sincerely hope that your dealer, or a different dealer can get the problem solved.

Now that you mentioned Kawi--I made a purchase of another Vulcan 900 LTD just earlier this week. Mine was because I had the desire to go back to two wheels because I am able once again. I still have my two :spyder2::ani29:'s.

I have owned at least 7 kawi's over the years and never had a problem with any of them. Oil, filters and tires. No major repairs.

Fatcycledaddy
06-09-2017, 02:27 PM
Here we go again. My F3 is acting up. Now there is a growing vibration in the front end. Off to iMotorsports again :( If you don't know, there is already $10K in repairs on my F3 already. I don't ride it hard and it gets its maintenance. This just sux.:banghead:

In contrast, my little Ninja 650 hums along with no complaint. It has more miles on it and gets run much harder.

Sucks being down. From your previous post I see that the $10,000 was covered under warranty, what kind of problems are they? Is it the same thing each time?

Bob Denman
06-09-2017, 05:44 PM
It is unfortunate that you are continuing to have problems with the F3. There are always a few that get more of their share of issues.

I sincerely hope that your dealer, or a different dealer can get the problem solved.

Now that you mentioned Kawi--I made a purchase of another Vulcan 900 LTD just earlier this week. Mine was because I had the desire to go back to two wheels because I am able once again. I still have my two :spyder2::ani29:'s.

I have owned at least 7 kawi's over the years and never had a problem with any of them. Oil, filters and tires. No major repairs.

:D My first "real streetbike" was the babiest brother of the legendary H2... :bowdown:

The S1: a 250cc two-stroke triple! :roflblack:

It had NO bottom-end whatsoever, but was a real hoot; once you got it up on the pipes! :thumbup:

SPYD1
06-09-2017, 06:45 PM
That must be irritating. Good luck going forward.

Kawaman
06-09-2017, 08:04 PM
If you wanted a rocket ship in 1973 you got the Z1 900. I bought one new and still own it. It's as fast now as it was then. Trill to ride.

johnwinslow
06-09-2017, 08:06 PM

you are right my friend Kawasaki is reliability big time

roofus7044
06-09-2017, 08:19 PM
I had a first gen Kawasaki Concours before my Spyder and that thing was absolutely bulletproof. I'd still be riding it if I hadn't wrecked it. I personally think Kawasaki makes the best motorcycle engines. Sorry to hear about all your problems that you are having.

RinconRyder
06-09-2017, 09:02 PM
.....or Honda

oldguyinTX
06-09-2017, 09:37 PM
1976 Honda CB 750 Super Sport. Best bike I ever owned. Just basic maintenance - which I did myself, so easy - and Zero problems. If memory serves me, (and it often doesn't) I think it cost $1,800.00 out of the crate and ready to ride. And I did watch them uncrate it and set it up. Pretty darn fast, too.

ARtraveler
06-09-2017, 10:39 PM
If you wanted a rocket ship in 1973 you got the Z1 900. I bought one new and still own it. It's as fast now as it was then. Trill to ride.

Yup! More monster stuff. :yes::yes:

Jeriatric
06-10-2017, 06:09 AM
Agree about Kawasaki.

Or, 'built by Ural' would likely be an improvement.

OJ UK
06-10-2017, 10:02 AM
:D My first "real streetbike" was the babiest brother of the legendary H2... :bowdown:

The S1: a 250cc two-stroke triple! :roflblack:

It had NO bottom-end whatsoever, but was a real hoot; once you got it up on the pipes! :thumbup:
You don't want to know how much these are going for in the UK!! A friend of mine has a 750cc triple (H2)
and it's a leg wetter.

Chupaca
06-10-2017, 10:16 AM
Do agree that perhaps new eyes on the problem/s could help.
on the secondary point...from a mechanics view with way to many years fixing motorcyles and basically only seeing the sick and injured...they all had issues and if I had to say which had the least...I would say Suzuki. Now mind you I worked mostly in Texas and Southern California. Kawazaki was a chunky rough built bike and things did not fit well and needed a lot of adjustment. Granted they got much better in time. Honda tended to add features that inevitably added problem though they had one of the best built. Suzuki and Yamaha were pretty even as far as problems went. But then Hey...none of them had all the techy stuff we have today and especially the stuff the spyder has... I got out about the time they started running electrical wires to the carburators on the GSXR's before fuel injectors...something about electricity and gasoline...:roflblack::roflblack:

RinconRyder
06-10-2017, 01:26 PM
You don't want to know how much these are going for in the UK!! A friend of mine has a 750cc triple (H2)
and it's a leg wetter.

I thought the 750 was the H3 but no matter. You had to be VERY careful decelerating or the head shake could tear your arms off. The 500 was almost as fast.

Ah, the old days of two-strokes and riding with one finger on the clutch at all times.

kngfsh27
06-10-2017, 04:01 PM
If you wanted a rocket ship in 1973 you got the Z1 900. I bought one new and still own it. It's as fast now as it was then. Trill to ride. I bought a KZ900 in '76. It was my first bike and the first bike I ever rode. Had it until '89. I envy you. Take care of it and it forever. Wish I still had mine.

Lew L
06-10-2017, 04:17 PM
Sorry to hear about the prods with your F3. BRP should give you another one or buy it back ( like BMW did awhile back )
I really liked my ZX 11. Piped,jetted,modded the ram air system. What a rocket.

Kaos

Bob Denman
06-10-2017, 05:50 PM
But they just didn't feel as fast as the H1 and H2 when they got up on their pipes! nojoke
The H1 was particularly nasty: the H2 actually was easier to ride. :thumbup:
A buddy of mine has the Holy Grail of monsters from back then: a factory original Z1-TC... :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: