PDA

View Full Version : Russell Day Long seats......my review

murphybrown
06-09-2017, 10:23 AM
I got my RDL on May 12...10k miles later. It is the absolute best seat I have ever owned. When I first got it...was thinking hmmm not sure I like this sitting a little higher...I finished my ryde with two days of close to 900 miles each day. The seat is exactly what they claim DAY LONG Ryding....in pure comfort. Yep best seat I've ever had...I'm a BIG FAN of RDL seat..:thumbup:

Bob Denman
06-09-2017, 10:31 AM
:shocked: :gaah:
Karyl,
Now you've got me wanting one... :banghead:

But I'm glad to hear that you're happy with it! :clap: :thumbup:

(Time to start saving my pennies again...)

Jim&Teresa
06-09-2017, 10:39 AM
I got my RDL on May 12...10k miles later. It is the absolute best seat I have ever owned. When I first got it...was thinking hmmm not sure I like this sitting a little higher...I finished my ryde with two days of close to 900 miles each day. The seat is exactly what they claim DAY LONG Ryding....in pure comfort. Yep best seat I've ever had...I'm a BIG FAN of RDL seat..:thumbup:

+1

:agree: We also just put on a RDL seat this year (why did we wait two years :banghead::banghead:). We sent it in this winter (Feb) and got it back by early March. We've have had two longer trips on it including Spyderfest (break in trip) and Spyder Spin (La Crosse, WI) - WOW - what a difference in comfort. My wife was having some trouble on long trips, but not anymore. It's a little pricey, but a great investment. We also added the heat option - even more comfort on those cold days! :D

Enjoy!

Chupaca
06-09-2017, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the review, coming from you it is a great plus for RDL cause you do put the miles on....:2thumbs:(

Slowpoke387
06-09-2017, 10:55 AM
Would you post some pics? Curious about the RDL.

Bob Denman
06-09-2017, 11:26 AM
Okay... I was looking at their website (:opps:), and a question came to me:
Can they install a fuel door in their seats?
What if the seat-pan that you send them, is already cut for one?

(Okay: TWO questions... :D)

Fatcycledaddy
06-09-2017, 11:46 AM

:agree::agree::agree: I had to send mine back to them for a slight modification, they did an awesome job and the seat is fantastic!!
Their customer service is second to none!

JP58
06-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Love my Russell seat. Best seat ever. .

3-togo
06-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Hi Murphy,
Met you at RDL and was having wife's seat adjusted. Wife is pleased with adjustment. Work was done without drama by the friendly staff. Without doubt, the best seat vendor I've encountered. Glad your trip went well. Hopefully, see you at RedRocks.

3-togo
06-09-2017, 12:42 PM

Hello,
I had my seat redone and fuel door added by a different rebuilder. Did' care for comfort level, so RDl recovered existing fuel door and completed rebuild. Depends if your previous work was well done. My seat should be covered in gold. However, save yourself some money, and go with RDL.

Pete

SpyderAnn01
06-09-2017, 12:49 PM
Now that you have the best seat made we need to get you to put your rain pants on before the rain starts!

Bob Denman
06-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Hello,
I had my seat redone and fuel door added by a different rebuilder. Did' care for comfort level, so RDl recovered existing fuel door and completed rebuild. Depends if your previous work was well done. My seat should be covered in gold. However, save yourself some money, and go with RDL.

Pete
:D Thanks! I honestly hadn't thought of that option! :clap: :thumbup:

:nopic: :2thumbs:

trikerbiker645
06-09-2017, 04:47 PM
Love mine, the 3rd one....like they say once you've had the best forget the rest. Safe riding149091

IGETAROUND
06-09-2017, 04:57 PM
I've owned two now almost 40 years apart. I have not ever seen one for sale because someone didn't like it and couldn't get used to the feel of it. :yes::yes::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::clap::clap::clap:: clap:

Dan-Am
06-09-2017, 06:42 PM
I totally agree! It's a whole new riding experience!

3-togo
06-09-2017, 07:24 PM
Now that you have the best seat made we need to get you to put your rain pants on before the rain starts!

Hi there. Not sure if you were addressing my post but thought I'd say hello anyway. Like the rear tire you installed for me and looks like you've had a active year. By the way, the rain in Oregon is over reported but not false news. Also, purchased the rain cover. So wonderful to ride thru California and see water everywhere. Went over the mountains from Susanville to Shasta lake for seat, absolutely beautiful. If your going to experience Cal. Do so this year. See you at RedRocks.
Pete

3-togo
06-09-2017, 08:38 PM

Hi there. Not sure if you were addressing my post but thought I'd say hello anyway. Like the rear tire you installed for me and looks like you've had a active year. By the way, the rain in Oregon is over reported but not false news. Also, purchased the rain cover. So wonderful to ride thru California and see water everywhere. Went over the mountains from Susanville to Shasta lake for seat, absolutely beautiful. If your going to experience Cal. Do so this year. See you at RedRocks.
Pete

Trickie Dick
06-09-2017, 09:03 PM

I asked them about the fuel door when I got mine several years and they absolutely refused to do it.

fjray
06-09-2017, 10:18 PM
I'm scheduled for my sixth RDL seat. Wouldn't buy anything else. I seem to keep changing rides but always get Russell seats.

hawkiii
06-10-2017, 12:10 AM
Love my RDL.

murphybrown
06-10-2017, 05:27 PM
Would you post some pics? Curious about the RDL.
my most developed skill. Much better at throttle rolling than picture posting!!!:banghead:

murphybrown
06-10-2017, 05:29 PM
Pete

LOL