PDA

View Full Version : idle pulley

Bluehole
06-06-2017, 05:11 PM
just got off the phone with parts at Bremerton Powersports here in Washington. My idle pulley is wobbling and I caught it in time. Requested a return but was told they could not warranty the part because they did not install it!!! What a crock!!!

I am very close to just saying good by to BRP and Can AM!!!!!

Chupaca
06-06-2017, 05:22 PM
They are having some problems with these. They have now been in the hands of the best testers in the world, Joe Public :banghead: ,and they are getting results . I would check with your dealer and return it for a refund. Have them check here and they will see the issues that idler is having. If not go direct to BRP...

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-06-2017, 05:41 PM
just got off the phone with parts at Bremerton Powersports here in Washington. My idle pulley is wobbling and I caught it in time. Requested a return but was told they could not warranty the part because they did not install it!!! What a crock!!!

I am very close to just saying good by to BRP and Can AM!!!!!
B.H. - you do realize ....Dealers have been known to " LIE " ....... I would investigate this further ..... jmho ... Mike :thumbup:

Roadster Renovations
06-06-2017, 05:48 PM
We sell an upgrade that has a better arm and roller that will fit right on what you have. About $115.00 including shipping.

http://dochumphreys.wixsite.com/roadster/ultimate-vibration-damper-products

Firefly
06-06-2017, 10:19 PM
It's a $40 part. Eat it and move on. Hardly reason to give up on your Spyder.

Get Doc's kit and fix it yourself... which is what you want.. right? A fix?

cptjam
06-07-2017, 12:10 AM
Hot glue had the same issue. BRP replaced the belt tensioner and the belt at Valcourt! Make that dealer call Valcourt!

WackyDan
06-07-2017, 03:24 PM
Hot glue had the same issue. BRP replaced the belt tensioner and the belt at Valcourt! Make that dealer call Valcourt!

Yup.. And that will get him home. HotGlue at that point is going with the other tensioner arm and roller.

Replacing it is not a fix. Mine started failing on my trip to Valcourt. We zip tied it up and out of the way at 4300 miles on the roller. I started sensing/feeling something was going bad with it at about 3500 miles on the roller.

They are crap. Crickets from BRP.

bodymanpainter
06-07-2017, 06:58 PM
All this talk and the pictures are the reason I called Doc and ordered my replacement
kit and it came in today so this Saturday I will replacing my BRP idler with Doc's.
Just don't trust it anymore, I have about 2,000 miles on it and I don't want to take
any chances on a failure or worse and damaged belt!
Thanks to Doc for a fine product!

Toby :clap: