PDA

View Full Version : Typical to charge to check with BUDS?

Hokiev
06-06-2017, 01:47 PM
It has been suggested I get my Spyder checked with the BUDS system to verify the calibration of the steering angle sensor and the steering torque sensor due to a issue I am having. Just asked my local dealer and he indicated it will cost $99 for the check. Would this be typical even under if it is still under warranty?

I know they have a minimum labor charge and assume that is what this is covering.

Thoughts?

ARtraveler
06-06-2017, 02:39 PM
$100 to plug into the receiver in your frunk and take a reading? Sounds like a bit of overkill to me. They could possibly make some cash if they detect a problem that needs fixing. But to arbitrarily charge for plugging in for a quick analysis??? Have a talk with the powers that be at the shop. Maybe you can come up with a better price.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Easy Rider
06-06-2017, 02:58 PM
"Adjustments" typically are not covered by warranty.
And they have to pay their bills too.

Not many places realize the value of customer good will anymore.

cuznjohn
06-06-2017, 03:04 PM
if can am is requesting the buds checkup, then i would tell the dealer to charge them. but otherwise, if he charges 99 bucks a hour or any part there of for service, then that is what he is going to get. unfair, sure is, but it is business.

Firefly
06-06-2017, 03:21 PM
It has been suggested I get my Spyder checked with the BUDS system to verify the calibration of the steering angle sensor and the steering torque sensor due to a issue I am having. Just asked my local dealer and he indicated it will cost $99 for the check. Would this be typical even under if it is still under warranty?

I know they have a minimum labor charge and assume that is what this is covering.

Thoughts?

Total BS !
I've NEVER been charged for a BUDS hookup or update..... or to clear codes, etc....

In fact, my dealer recently cleared some codes, adjusted my belt and did test drives to check a vibration and it was 100% covered under warranty.

Chupaca
06-06-2017, 05:30 PM
If it is to hook up for a performance report with no work being done it is usually up to the dealer and your relationship with them as to how much they will charge for that service. If you just go to a shop (unknown) and they have a minimum hour rate it would most likely cost you an hour....

Robert Beattie
06-18-2017, 06:27 AM
I have a 2015 sm6 I bought March 30th. It has 1700 mile , check engine light on dealer charged me $55 to check came up with P1698 clutch valve open circuit. Charged me because I could not leave it for 3 weeks to fix

SpyderAnn01
06-18-2017, 08:15 PM
I have a 2015 sm6 I bought March 30th. It has 1700 mile , check engine light on dealer charged me $55 to check came up with P1698 clutch valve open circuit. Charged me because I could not leave it for 3 weeks to fix

If your bike is still under warranty I'd pitch a fit about being charged.