PDA

View Full Version : Americade

Kwalsh
06-05-2017, 06:50 AM
Its very quiet on here about Americade , Anyone coming up to my neck of the woods this week??

Bob Denman
06-05-2017, 06:55 AM
If the weather co-operates: we'll go up for a quick peek on Saturday... 148835

Luvs2Ride
06-05-2017, 08:16 AM
We're here... Sat to Sat. Hope the rain goes away, but... rain is keeping scenery lush & green!
Ride safe
Gina J

Road-Kill
06-05-2017, 09:19 AM
If its nice on Fri or Sat I'm heading up there for the day. 180 miles up and 180 miles down. Long day but I've been doing Americade for 20 years. It used to be great but "they" commercialized it too much. The cost to purchase the wrist band and easy parking is now theft. They had all the free entertainers and many manufacturers removed and placed behind razor fences and you need the wrist band to see them. Look at "their" website and see the cost$$$$$. I'm showing up in the afternoon (weather permitting) parking my bike and staying till its dark, that's when the real fun begins. A distant friend is up there now "volunteering" for a free room. He works (as he said) 36 hours for the week for free (I'm not joking) so he can get a free room in a crappy hotel. He works for free so the corporate CEOs make huge profits? Americade is 1/2 mile long on the main strip but Ocean City MD bike week in September is 25 miles of fun and cheap. That's where I go now. My thoughts.

newbert
06-05-2017, 09:21 AM
I live in the general area of Americade, but don't own a Spyder yet. (Unfortunately, life circumstances have interfered for the foreseeable future.)

I was thinking of taking a drive up to Lake George during Americade, if BRP/Spyder has some sort of presence there. Does anyone know of any particular dealers that will have information or demos, etc on scene?

Thanks!

Bob Denman
06-05-2017, 09:30 AM
BRP will be offering Demo rides... I think that they'll be near the Southern end of the Lake. :thumbup:
(Is that the William Penn Museum??? I'm not sure of the name of the place... :opps:)

Edit: Make that Fort William Henry.!
Thanks, Kwalsh! :thumbup:
"usually can am has demo rides at fort william henry but you have to sign up early, last year i got there around 7am and was first in line to sign up, got to ride f3t and rt limited so it was worth it but you have to get a wristband to do that."

Kwalsh
06-05-2017, 12:21 PM
usually can am has demo rides at fort william henry but you have to sign up early, last year i got there around 7am and was first in line to sign up, got to ride f3t and rt limited so it was worth it but you have to get a wristband to do that. i usually go the night before and pay for that and then stay at camp 20 mins away. i agree the vendors area is overpriced but with wristband i get a few demo rides and enterance to vendor area to look around.there is free parking down by vendors, well they get donations for coat check and parking but all for good causes , i will usually go up from camp on saturday with wife and just walk around and look at bikes

PS - it always seems to rain on americade at some point

power socket & mounts
06-05-2017, 02:18 PM
Providence Spyder Acessories will be there. We will be doing Secret Santa and leaving free gifts on any Spyder we see. We are also doing installation at your hotel. Here is a picture of a happy customer at Lake Motel on Canada Street in the hotel garage. Hope to see you all there!

LateLifeCrisis
06-05-2017, 04:02 PM
If its nice on Fri or Sat I'm heading up there for the day. 180 miles up and 180 miles down. Long day but I've been doing Americade for 20 years. It used to be great but "they" commercialized it too much. The cost to purchase the wrist band and easy parking is now theft. They had all the free entertainers and many manufacturers removed and placed behind razor fences and you need the wrist band to see them. Look at "their" website and see the cost$$$$$. I'm showing up in the afternoon (weather permitting) parking my bike and staying till its dark, that's when the real fun begins. A distant friend is up there now "volunteering" for a free room. He works (as he said) 36 hours for the week for free (I'm not joking) so he can get a free room in a crappy hotel. He works for free so the corporate CEOs make huge profits? Americade is 1/2 mile long on the main strip but Ocean City MD bike week in September is 25 miles of fun and cheap. That's where I go now. My thoughts.

:agree: And here's a link to the festivities...........Ocean City MD Bikefest | Bike Week (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjOqP7Iw6fUAhWd14MKHYCDDpMQFggzMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Focbikefest.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNHPwe0h8r1SRqFm060IfwT8ot6ydQ&sig2=I0_C00pCFggmLpLfEVH4_g)

............https://delmarvabikeweek.com/