PDA

View Full Version : Harley Dealer Visit

SPYD1
06-03-2017, 03:24 PM
My HD buddies asked me to go to a cookout at our local HD dealer recently. I was a bit apprehensive having a Spyder RT but off I went. Had lots of fun having a dog and a beer. Parked by some Tri Glides and answered many questions. People were very respectful recognizing me as a fellow biker and not a non Harley owner. Today I had a guy on a Harley walk up to me st a gas station who remembered me from the cookout. I like to see this type of unity among people who share similar interests.

Brentc
06-03-2017, 04:05 PM
Makes no difference to me what you're riding. I'm in it for the shear enjoyment of the ride!

Ramg66
06-03-2017, 04:07 PM
Well I just recently bought a Spyder, didn't know about how HD riders felt about Can Am Spyders. I am learning. My own cousin told me I had to ride 25 yards behind him, although he was kidding I now know how they feel. But to be honest I love my :spyder2: and don't care.:yes::b2b:

SPYD3R
06-03-2017, 04:21 PM
My opinion is; it's not what you ride, but that you ride.....
Dan P
SPYD3R

Chupaca
06-03-2017, 04:35 PM
The Rock star of the spyder experience...and I bet you still have thoser miles of smiles...:2thumbs:

Easy Rider
06-03-2017, 04:47 PM
My own cousin told me I had to ride 25 yards behind him,

If you value your hearing, you will ride a LOT farther back than that !!! :yes:

:roflblack:

JayBros
06-03-2017, 04:57 PM

Yeah, loud Spyders are bad enough. Loud Harleys are three times worse, doubled and vulnerable.

Sccar
06-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Dan P
SPYD3R

Agreed, never got the reason behind not waving back because of what someone was riding. Last weekend I went out for a quick ride on the Spyder, came across a group of 4 on 2 wheels, not sure what they were riding (cruisers). I waved and nothing back. Went to the house and got on my Vstar...ran across the same group again, this time all 4 waved......and yes I waved back. I wave at everyone including mopeds.

Deanna777
06-03-2017, 05:19 PM
Dan P
SPYD3R:agree: Deanna

kngfsh27
06-03-2017, 05:22 PM
When I had my old Harley, on trips, everyone stayed about a quarter to half mile back. Often I was relegated to the rear of the group.
As far as what you ride, every now and then you'll run into someone with an attitude. The majority of us don't care. We just want as many people to enjoy riding as possible. When I am on the road I wave to every bike I meet including scooters.

Bob Denman
06-03-2017, 05:47 PM
Dan P
SPYD3R

:agree: Truer words have never been spoken... :clap: :2thumbs:

DJFaninTN
06-03-2017, 05:50 PM
i always volunteer to ride in the back. that way I can use a long handled fish net to pick up all the parts that fall of all the Harley's.

PaladinLV
06-03-2017, 06:01 PM
As a passed Director of Southern Nevada HOG, this is they type of friendship I would expect from HOG Chapter Members.
The are not only a FUN group, but for those who are members they are FAMILY.
We don't (Chapters I'm familiar with) hold our noses up at anyone and IF someone is on the side of the road will always see if assistance is needed.
A great group of men AND women!

AJ

My HD buddies asked me to go to a cookout at our local HD dealer recently. I was a bit apprehensive having a Spyder RT but off I went. Had lots of fun having a dog and a beer. Parked by some Tri Glides and answered many questions. People were very respectful recognizing me as a fellow biker and not a non Harley owner. Today I had a guy on a Harley walk up to me st a gas station who remembered me from the cookout. I like to see this type of unity among people who share similar interests.

Mr. White
06-04-2017, 08:47 AM
I live two miles from a very active HD dealer. They have a hoot of some sort, demos, band, food, etc most weekends. I drop by once in a while and have a hot dog and soda. They ask questions, etc and are pleasant and no BS. When riding I always wave and 90% wave back. Any time I see a bike on the side of the road, I, like all of us, slow and ask if they need help unless there are other bikes with him.

:spyder2:

Bob Denman
06-04-2017, 09:41 AM

RussRT
06-04-2017, 11:10 AM
I have attended many Harley poker runs and rides on my Spyder! Felt welcome and had a great time. I was always asked questions about the Spyder.
Last month I purchased my first Harley. A 2017 Street Glide! I switch off between the 2 and I am welcome at any event I go to!

MikeT
06-04-2017, 12:20 PM
Dan P
SPYD3R
:agree:, It didn't matter to us whether we were riding the Harley('96-'09), GL1800 trike('06-'15), or the RT Ltd('15-) We wave. We have noticed less wave backs since joining we joined the Spyder World.

vided
06-04-2017, 02:28 PM
My own cousin told me I had to ride 25 yards behind him, .:yes::b2b:

that's actually for your protection, so you don't get hit by the parts falling off :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::thumbup::thumbup:

oldman55
06-04-2017, 03:29 PM

I always ride with my die hard Harley riding brother in law. I keep way back because of the darn rocks that Harley throws back. He lost one of his foot pegs this last Saturday, I stopped picked it up and gave it back to him when we stopped. He said wow I thought I had lost it and thanked me. 👍

ARtraveler
06-04-2017, 03:34 PM
Bottom Line: IMO: It is not about "what you ride" it's about THE RIDE. Motorcycling gives a freedom that you cannot find elsewhere. :yes::yes:

south GA Farm Boy
06-04-2017, 04:02 PM

Guys, I rode Harley's for years, so I still go the Harley Dealer only 25 miles away and eat hotdogs with them. They will be 50 to 100 riders at the dealership. When I ride over to my Spyder dealership, which is over 100 miles away, the salesman, checkout clerk, and myself will be the only people there, and they do not even have a water machine, so you better carry your own water! We as Spyder riders and Dealers, could learn a lot about networking from these Harley guys! They have been doing it for over 100 years! I live way down here in the south, and there is probably 20,000 Harley's for each Spyder! They all treat me with kindness, respect, and act like I am just another motorcycle rider! Live and learn from the best!

JayBros
06-04-2017, 04:26 PM
I am most often approched at gas pumps by folks who want to ask questions about my Spyder and they are invariably curious Harley riders. Have not yet had one launch a snide remark.

BigGuy66
06-04-2017, 04:37 PM
Since leaving our VTX 1800 and getting our Spyder last August, I notice fewer waves from other riders. Seems like everyone waved when we were on the big 2-wheel cruiser, but some riders are just not waving. I still wave. Ok... like many of you have said - it's about the ride...

Peteoz
06-04-2017, 04:53 PM
I never get the "I waved, but the bastard didn't wave back" mentality. Are you SURE they didn't acknowledge you, or is it possible you simply missed it?
I would rather keep my eyes on the road than check to see if someone is waving back. It's YOUR choice to acknowledge another rider........why would it bother you if they don't wave back?

Pete

Bob Denman
06-04-2017, 04:53 PM
that's actually for your protection, so you don't get hit by the parts falling off :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::thumbup::thumbup:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH8K0bPc-BE

ruralgirl
06-04-2017, 06:00 PM
i always volunteer to ride in the back. that way I can use a long handled fish net to pick up all the parts that fall of all the Harley's.

A friend of mine has 2 HDs; one is his anywhere riding bike, and the other is his show bike which he rarely rides because something is always falling off. I told him at least he doesn't have to worry about getting lost 'cuz all he has to do is follow his trail of parts back home. :D

Buckeye Bleau
06-04-2017, 06:21 PM
HD sealers and riders are all unique.

One local HD dealer told me that with a Spyder I was not welcomed to ride with them even for the Teddy Bear run to Children's Hospital. A road captain at another dealer told me that unless it is a HD sponsored ride he would welcome any an drew all riders.

The president of my local ALR group does not like me riding in the group because it is a Spyder, but he adds that he does not really approve of any "Buffaloes" even a V-Rod because real bikes are air cooled, period.

They at first told me I have to ride in the back because three wheelers cannot turn as well as a deuce. Then they said the "Little Spyder" just cannot keep up. Now I just ride in the back because if I led the group, I would have to throttle back so the others can keep up.

Joe

ARNIE R
06-04-2017, 09:06 PM
HD sealers and riders are all unique.

One local HD dealer told me that with a Spyder I was not welcomed to ride with them even for the Teddy Bear run to Children's Hospital. A road captain at another dealer told me that unless it is a HD sponsored ride he would welcome any an drew all riders.

The president of my local ALR group does not like me riding in the group because it is a Spyder, but he adds that he does not really approve of any "Buffaloes" even a V-Rod because real bikes are air cooled, period.

They at first told me I have to ride in the back because three wheelers cannot turn as well as a deuce. Then they said the "Little Spyder" just cannot keep up. Now I just ride in the back because if I led the group, I would have to throttle back so the others can keep up.

Joe

Your mention of the "Little Spyder" was kind of funny since I experienced a comment very similar today. I was on Skyline Drive in VA and had stopped at a scenic overlook. 4 HD's were there along with their riders. One of the guys says to me, "Easy on and easy off with that little Can-Am". Ok.

"Can't keep up"? As I was going up to the Drive on RT 211, which is about 4 miles of twists and turns, two HD's (non-baggers) came roaring up behind me and passed me. Wanting to see how well they could do, I took off after them. Matched for speed on the straight runs, but could overtaken them on some of the curves, so I held back. Needless to say, we all reached the top at the same time..............

But, it is just a "Little Spyder" that just "cannot keep up".............