PDA

View Full Version : Licence plate removal f3t

Richk
06-02-2017, 06:48 PM
I know this might be a lame question but I'll ask anyway.we just bought a new 2016 f3t and now I have to change the plate.I can barely get my fingers behind rear fender.do the two screws on each side of fender release the bottom portion of fender for access?

papanorm
06-02-2017, 08:31 PM
I was able to get my paws up behind the plate from underneath each side. You can unscrew the rear fender screws if need be and then pull their bases out -then unclip the bottom rear fender part. I have done this to replace the rear tyre. I remember my salesman lying on his back when he screwed my plate on to get at the screws; a simpler method indeed.

Blue Star
06-02-2017, 09:43 PM
I know this might be a lame question but I'll ask anyway.we just bought a new 2016 f3t and now I have to change the plate.I can barely get my fingers behind rear fender.do the two screws on each side of fender release the bottom portion of fender for access?

:congrats: and :welcome: to the Spyder world. I used a wrench to reach up behind the rear fender. Of course putting back on was a pain.