PDA

View Full Version : Passenger/Driver heated grips issue

Gasman129
06-01-2017, 09:13 PM
2013 RT Limited. Heated grip controls stopped working along with other rear passenger controls.

I know now this may possibly be a fuse issue but in my manual it is not real clear on what fuse it is.

Anyone have some light light to shed on this.

Thnaks!!

Gasman129
06-02-2017, 06:35 AM
Here is what I discovered. The horn was not working as well.

It is the right side fuse box, fuse#5. This fuse was blown. It was replaced and everything appears to be working fine. I hope. Have a big trip coming.

Thanks.

Bob Denman
06-02-2017, 07:24 AM
:clap: Glad to hear that you found and fixed it already! :thumbup:
Have a GREAT trip!!

Spyder_Cowgirl
06-02-2017, 08:38 PM
Here is what I discovered. The horn was not working as well.

It is the right side fuse box, fuse#5. This fuse was blown. It was replaced and everything appears to be working fine. I hope. Have a big trip coming.

Thanks.

This fuse also handles the compressor that controls your ride height and air suspension.... I know this because my fuse blows as soon as I start the bike (suspect the compressor is bad). I can tell it is blown just by checking the horn. For now, since I am close to my next service, I am just keeping the air bag filled manually through the Schrader valve under the seat. The dealer will check everything out at the next service and we will make a decision on when to repair (may have to wait for parts if the compressor is gone).

All the best .... Ann