PDA

View Full Version : BRP Support / Need Advice

armyspydervet
06-01-2017, 01:31 PM
Need some advice from the community on a way forward with a warranty/mechanical issue with my 2016 F3-T.

Last month I purchased the F3 Top Case with side panels and amplifier from my local dealer (will leave the name out at this point). It was a special order they got from another dealer. My original intent was to do the install myself. Once I got the time to print the instructions, I realized the install was above my pay-grade (military term) and decided just to pay the dealer to install the items. On 12 May, I dropped off my F3T and accessories at the dealer. I was going out of town but told them to take their time as I was going to Valcourt on 31 May and would need it back by then. They said no problem.

On 13 May, they called me and said they have the top case installed and it has power but they could not get the amplifier to work. We talked about the USB upgrade and they stated they were all over it and that was not the issue. I reiterated that they had some time as I was out of town and couldn't ride anyway but needed it back by 31 May.

Between 14 May and 30 May, I called periodically to check. Still troubleshooting and working with BRP. I stared to get nervous but figured how long could it take to fix?

29 May, still no Spyder. I told them I was coming to get it since I didn't need the speakers to make the trip to Valcourt and would have it looked at there, or bring it back when I return. I go to pick it up and they inform me that my mode button was working "intermittently" and they couldn't start the bike. WHAT?!?! That was never a problem. They said they had the part on order and would fix under warranty.

Now to be fair, the dealer offered me a loaner to go to homecoming...they NEVER offer loaners. I decided to decline the offer because I wasn't sure if I would have problems at the border with a vehicle with temp tags, registered to a company, insurance listed on another machine, etc.

So here it is 1 June. BRP tells me I have to talk to the dealer, they can't help me. The dealer says they are working it. They wont refund me the accessories since it was a special order and they are already installed and its been well over 30 days. My questions are:

1. At what point do they just say they can't fix it? Am I supposed to leave the Spyder there 30-60-90 more days?
2. When does BRP say enough is enough and send a tech to look at it?
3. Who do I need to convince to refund me the money for the top case, side panels, and amp ; BRP, the dealer?
4. How did my mode button just start working "intermittently?" And why did I just find that out when I told them I would take the bike as is with no rear speaker.

Sorry for the long post, but all in all this is just frustrating. Not sure my recourse or next steps from here.

Highwayman2013
06-01-2017, 02:12 PM
Need some advice from the community on a way forward with a warranty/mechanical issue with my 2016 F3-T.

Last month I purchased the F3 Top Case with side panels and amplifier from my local dealer (will leave the name out at this point). It was a special order they got from another dealer. My original intent was to do the install myself. Once I got the time to print the instructions, I realized the install was above my pay-grade (military term) and decided just to pay the dealer to install the items. On 12 May, I dropped off my F3T and accessories at the dealer. I was going out of town but told them to take their time as I was going to Valcourt on 31 May and would need it back by then. They said no problem.

On 13 May, they called me and said they have the top case installed and it has power but they could not get the amplifier to work. We talked about the USB upgrade and they stated they were all over it and that was not the issue. I reiterated that they had some time as I was out of town and couldn't ride anyway but needed it back by 31 May.

Between 14 May and 30 May, I called periodically to check. Still troubleshooting and working with BRP. I stared to get nervous but figured how long could it take to fix?

29 May, still no Spyder. I told them I was coming to get it since I didn't need the speakers to make the trip to Valcourt and would have it looked at there, or bring it back when I return. I go to pick it up and they inform me that my mode button was working "intermittently" and they couldn't start the bike. WHAT?!?! That was never a problem. They said they had the part on order and would fix under warranty.

Now to be fair, the dealer offered me a loaner to go to homecoming...they NEVER offer loaners. I decided to decline the offer because I wasn't sure if I would have problems at the border with a vehicle with temp tags, registered to a company, insurance listed on another machine, etc.

So here it is 1 June. BRP tells me I have to talk to the dealer, they can't help me. The dealer says they are working it. They wont refund me the accessories since it was a special order and they are already installed and its been well over 30 days. My questions are:

1. At what point do they just say they can't fix it? Am I supposed to leave the Spyder there 30-60-90 more days?
2. When does BRP say enough is enough and send a tech to look at it?
3. Who do I need to convince to refund me the money for the top case, side panels, and amp ; BRP, the dealer?
4. How did my mode button just start working "intermittently?" And why did I just find that out when I told them I would take the bike as is with no rear speaker.

Sorry for the long post, but all in all this is just frustrating. Not sure my recourse or next steps from here.

brpcare@brp.com is the email

armyspydervet
06-01-2017, 02:15 PM
brpcare@brp.com is the email
Yes. I've spoken with them. Just can't help with a resolution.

ARtraveler
06-01-2017, 02:25 PM
:wrong: The dealer took your money to buy the $2K accessory and to install correctly. They did not perform the job to your satisfaction. It could be the equipment, or the installer. That should not be your problem.

The fact that dealer and BRP are playing dodgeball with who is responsible should not be your problem either. They need to un-install and give you back your money. You have about $30K invested plus $2K for the accessory. A great advertisement for the product. What happened to customer service here?

Keep us posted and let us know how this plays out. :thumbup:

Lot's of good advertising going on right now for the company. :mad:

SpyderF3-s
06-01-2017, 04:25 PM
Dealers working with BRP is a V- E- R -Y slow process. It took a dealer in my area 4 weeks to figure out that the drive pulley was stripped. (Wont be going back there) Just because a dealer has "certified Spyder mechanic" does not mean they know much. Most dealers in my area have mechanics that rely solely on BRP for guidance. Maybe someone on this forum knows of a good dealer in your area.

Should be simple to troubleshoot issue.(IMHO)
1. Check for correct voltage to amp ( no or wrong voltage, bad power or power cabling)
2. Voltage correct - Connect power to amp (no power on amp - amp bad or power connector)
3. Power OK - connect amp to speakers (should hear static/noise in speakers, no noise check cabling to speakers or bad amp)
4. if Speakers OK, Connect music input device ( no sound, amp bad, music input cabling)

armyspydervet
06-01-2017, 05:09 PM
Dealers working with BRP is a V- E- R -Y slow process. It took a dealer in my area 4 weeks to figure out that the drive pulley was stripped. (Wont be going back there) Just because a dealer has "certified Spyder mechanic" does not mean they know much. Most dealers in my area have mechanics that rely solely on BRP for guidance. Maybe someone on this forum knows of a good dealer in your area.

Should be simple to troubleshoot issue.(IMHO)
1. Check for correct voltage to amp ( no or wrong voltage, bad power or power cabling)
2. Voltage correct - Connect power to amp (no power on amp - amp bad or power connector)
3. Power OK - connect amp to speakers (should hear static/noise in speakers, no noise check cabling to speakers or bad amp)
4. if Speakers OK, Connect music input device ( no sound, amp bad, music input cabling)

So what I'm being told is coming from the service manager. At this point they are tired of hearing from me so I don't know if they are just telling me stuff to get me off the phone or out of the shop. They said the speakers work when they hook the top case up to another bike. They replaced the amp. I do have some lights on the back. I wonder if they could cause interference, the manager said he didn't think so. At this point, it is beyond ridiculous.

ARtraveler
06-01-2017, 05:11 PM
So what I'm being told is coming from the service manager. At this point they are tired of hearing from me so I don't know if they are just telling me stuff to get me off the phone or out of the shop. They said the speakers work when they hook the top case up to another bike. They replaced the amp. I do have some lights on the back. I wonder if they could cause interference, the manager said he didn't think so. At this point, it is beyond ridiculous.

One other point. Sometimes, the dealers say they are communicating with BRP and they are not. I believe in "trust, but verify."

armyspydervet
06-01-2017, 05:14 PM
One other point. Sometimes, the dealers say they are communicating with BRP and they are not. I believe in "trust, but verify."
BRP confirmed there is an open ticket and they are working it. Would not give me any other information. Told me to contact the dealer. At this point I would be happy to have my money back and I'll invest it into a trailer. I didn't think it would be this big of a deal.

Bob Denman
06-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Did you pay them by credit card? :dontknow:
Dispute the bill...
That should get their attention! :thumbup:

armyspydervet
06-01-2017, 05:26 PM
Did you pay them by credit card? :dontknow:
Dispute the bill...
That should get their attention! :thumbup:
I paid for the accessories, which are on my bike. I haven't paid for the service.

Bob Denman
06-01-2017, 05:34 PM
:shocked:
:banghead:
I was hoping that you had soe leverage...
Did that payment clear the bank yet?

Chupaca
06-01-2017, 05:38 PM
You need to get a case number so when you call BRP they can reference it and confirm the stage that it is at. This way both the dealer and you can follow up on who is doing what...:lecturef_smilie:

armyspydervet
06-01-2017, 06:07 PM
You need to get a case number so when you call BRP they can reference it and confirm the stage that it is at. This way both the dealer and you can follow up on who is doing what...:lecturef_smilie:
Have the case number. Was told they are still "troubleshooting." They have been troubleshooting for three weeks.

ARtraveler
06-01-2017, 07:23 PM
Have the case number. Was told they are still "troubleshooting." They have been troubleshooting for three weeks.

It may be time to identify the dealer. :thumbup: