PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling a B.E.S.T. Warranty

Pampurrs
05-31-2017, 08:48 PM
I have a potential buyer for my Spyder, but they are not interested in the three year extended warranty that I have. The manufacturers warranty is still good until June 15, 2017, so the extended warranty hasn't even kicked in yet. Is it possible to cancel it and get my money back? I tried calling the dealer where I bought it but have not had much luck getting through to anyone.

If there is a way to cancel it (which I would think you could), is there a way to do it other than through the dealer?

Thanks,

Pam

bscrive
05-31-2017, 08:56 PM
Nope. We tried to transfer it to my wife's new Spyder and we couldn't even do that. It stays with the bike.

SPYD1
05-31-2017, 09:03 PM
Why in the heck wouldn't they want to give you some money for it?? They're not making a good decision there.

ARtraveler
05-31-2017, 09:15 PM
Good luck on getting a refund for an unused warranty that was purchased. I don't think that is done anywhere. To much money changes hands all the way down and there is no way of getting it back.

If it happens, please let us know. :popcorn::popcorn:

oldguyinTX
05-31-2017, 10:12 PM
Nope. We tried to transfer it to my wife's new Spyder and we couldn't even do that. It stays with the bike.
:agree: No, you can't cancel it, and Yes, it goes with the bike. Even if they don't pay you for it, they get it anyway. I would bet that the "buyer" already knows this, and is trying to get over on you. The problem is, as I have found out by trying to trade in/up is that the fact that there is a warranty that the prospective buyer doesn't have to pay for, and they are probably looking at KBB or NADA prices which don't allow you - as the seller - to "plug in" the cost of the extended warranty. My B.E.S.T warranty expires in September of 2019, but if I could get a good trade up deal I would let the $600 bucks I spent on it go. I've already gotten my money's worth out of it, so to me, no big loss.

Chupaca
05-31-2017, 10:19 PM
Warranty companies all differ in coverage payment transfer etc. I had one on a car back when and they refunded the unused portion of the warranty cause I didn't tranfer it or they wouldn't tranfer it. Not familiar with the b e s t program. :dontknow:

IdahoMtnSpyder
05-31-2017, 10:30 PM
Just out of curiosity, Pam, why would you be selling your Spyder? Looking to buy another one, or have you decided it just isn't for you, or some other reason?

Rogue Hawk
06-01-2017, 11:14 AM
I don't mean to hijack, but what is a BEST Warranty. My F3 is a lemon.

hillbillywhisperer
06-01-2017, 11:32 AM
Yes you can cancel warranties as long as it has not been used. You will have to go through the selling dealer to do so. You will only get the unused or pro-rata premium back.

Bob Denman
06-01-2017, 11:33 AM
It's an extended service contract that kicks in after the original warranty runs out...

Pam,
It seems that the B.E.S.T. warranty will have to go with the bike...
Did you figure that into your original selling price?
(It might be worth trying to re-negotiate the deal: as much as I hate to have to say that... :banghead:)

Highwayman2013
06-01-2017, 01:19 PM
I don't mean to hijack, but what is a BEST Warranty. My F3 is a lemon.

An extended warranty you can buy from any spyder dealer before your 2 years run out. You can buy up to 3 years. $50 deductible.

Tazzel
06-01-2017, 01:24 PM
I am not sure the new buyer is worthy of your Spyder:p
I would still call to make sure you cant get a refund or even partial refund. I know car extended warranties are refundable.

ncgrl1
06-01-2017, 07:41 PM
Keep us updated. Hope you get your money back!

cmar157
06-01-2017, 08:02 PM
There have been a lot of changes in the refund policies in the last few years and a lot of states have required the companies to keep the money for the warranties in an escrow type account and cannot realize profits up front. They have to amortize over the life of the policy. It was designed to protect people from companies going out of business and losing their money. The policies are different in all of the states so check it out in your local area.

SpyderAnn01
06-01-2017, 10:18 PM
While I have never heard of anyone getting a refund or partial refund on their Best warranty, Joe got a prorated refund on the remainder of the extended warranty he had on his Honda.

kngfsh27
06-01-2017, 10:58 PM
Suck it up Buttercup

jcthorne
06-02-2017, 08:07 AM
Yes you can cancel warranties as long as it has not been used. You will have to go through the selling dealer to do so. You will only get the unused or pro-rata premium back.

Not for BRP BEST extended service contract. It goes with the bike to the new owner. They do not refund.