PDA

View Full Version : F Y I

vided
05-30-2017, 08:01 PM
http://www.motorcycle.com/top10/the-10-most-reliable-motorcycle-companies.html?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=CanAmSpyderForums.com_unsold&utm_source=CanAmSpyderForums.com20170530

Slowpoke387
05-30-2017, 08:13 PM
This is exactly why we waited for the newer 1330/6 spd. Hoping it fares better. After owning Japanese bikes for decades and never needing to take them in for anything, the Cam Am def scares me a bit. Really wish these were built by Yamaha...

Chupaca
05-30-2017, 08:24 PM
Say what they will .....We are on the list...:yes::yes:

wyliec
05-30-2017, 08:25 PM
I've been on spyderlovers for a while, and I'm still trying to decide if I want a spyder. After reading this article, I'm still undecided.:yikes:

SteveLaoyster
05-30-2017, 08:27 PM
I've seen where the more electronics in a vehicle the more prone they are to problems.

papanorm
05-30-2017, 08:50 PM
I saw Spyder at number 10 but the article also :trike::trike::trike: went on to say keeping your ride well maintained makes a big difference in how many problems a bike has.

Peter Aawen
05-30-2017, 08:53 PM
This is the same report that was discussed a little earlier this year, and it's nothing new.... there have been similar reports posted just about every year since Spyders hit the streets! :dontknow:

But, while not dissing those who've had problems (& I've had a couple myself, but mine were clearly dealer related & readily resolved by changing dealers!) it's really heartening to me to see that just a few short years ago CAN-AM Spyders only ever made it onto the 'Worst of' listings, usually appearing in Worst place! And now, they are making it onto the 'BEST OF' listings, albeit still in Worst Place; but hey, from Worst of the Worst to Worst of the Best in just a few short years is in my books, a pretty damn good achievement - and notice that most of the Spyder Owners who were disaffected by their reliability STILL DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY A CENT to get their problems fixed!! :clap:

So I just want to say:

Great Stuff BRP, just keep those improvements coming! :thumbup:

SteveLaoyster
05-30-2017, 08:57 PM
This is the same report that was discussed a little earlier this year, and it's nothing new.... there have been similar reports posted just about every year since Spyders hit the streets! :dontknow:

But, while not dissing those who've had problems (& I've had a couple myself, but mine were clearly dealer related & readily resolved by changing dealers!) it's really heartening to me to see that just a few short years ago CAN-AM Spyders only ever made it onto the 'Worst of' listings, usually appearing in Worst place! And now, they are making it onto the 'BEST OF' listings, albeit still in Worst Place; but hey, from Worst of the Worst to Worst of the Best in just a few short years is in my books, a pretty damn good achievement - and notice that most of the Spyder Owners who were disaffected by their reliability STILL DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY A CENT to get their problems fixed!! :clap:

So I just want to say:

Great Stuff BRP, just keep those improvements coming! :thumbup::agree: Even though there is a possibly of having problems I still really like my RT-S!!

ARtraveler
05-30-2017, 11:44 PM
I have been a beta tester since day one. First 08 sold in AK, early SE5 (2009), Premier 2010 RTS, and early 2014 1330. So far, no major problems with any. That now includes 130,000 plus miles over all my rides.

They ain't perfect, but so far, mine have not been bad either.

Bob Denman
05-31-2017, 06:55 AM

Tango
05-31-2017, 09:43 PM
http://www.motorcycle.com/top10/the-10-most-reliable-motorcycle-companies.html?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=CanAmSpyderForums.com_unsold&utm_source=CanAmSpyderForums.com20170530

Very old data as far as the Spyder is concerned. 2014 and earlier. :thumbup: Tom :spyder: