PDA

View Full Version : Night display

donrokon
05-30-2017, 05:06 PM
Is there a way to display the night display all the time? I like the high contrast here in South Texas we ride in very bright Sun. I ride a 2016 RT-L.What

Cruzr Joe
05-30-2017, 05:07 PM
What is a night display???

Cruzr Joe

donrokon
05-30-2017, 05:10 PM
What is a night display???

Cruzr Joe

The high contrast orange and black screen display.

Bob Denman
05-30-2017, 05:15 PM
There's a spot on the Speedometer dial that you can cover up with a piece of electrical tape, and it'll keep you in "Night-Vision" mode.
It's at about the eleven O'clock position on the dial...
Start the bike up. Take a thumbnail-sized hunk of cardboard, and slowly slide it around iun that area of the display... you should be able to find it pretty easy! :D

4 MARIE
05-30-2017, 05:17 PM
you cab cover the ambient light sensor in your instrument display. It is a little "in-elegant " but a small disc of black tape
oughta do the trick. This is virtually free, easy to return to stock. The sensor is around the 2oclock position above the tach.
Experiment with your finger to find the exact spot.

cuznjohn
05-30-2017, 05:19 PM
if you go out only at night, it will be on all the time

donrokon
05-30-2017, 05:26 PM
you cab cover the ambient light sensor in your instrument display. It is a little "in-elegant " but a small disc of black tape
oughta do the trick. This is virtually free, easy to return to stock. The sensor is around the 2oclock position above the tach.
Experiment with your finger to find the exact spot.

Geez....i should have thought of that....LOL....thanks a lot to all.

Bob Denman
05-30-2017, 05:27 PM

:D That sort of calls for an encore performance from the Band... :clap:

ARtraveler
05-30-2017, 06:00 PM
What is nighttime? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

cuznjohn
05-30-2017, 06:11 PM
see no one ever thinks of the easy answers

SPYD3R
05-30-2017, 07:18 PM
Bob says 'speedo', Marie says 'tach'... my F3 says NEITHER....
I just went down to the MAN-CAVE, kept the lites off, started up my F3... dragged a quarter-size piece of cardboard over every inch of the cluster, including the center piece... NOTHING, NADA, NIL, ZIP, ZILCH, ZERO....
what am i doing wrong, OR, does the F3 not have the nite vision... (i don't ride much at nite, so i can't remember if i've ever seen the nite dash)....
HELP...! ! !
Dan P
SPYD3R

loisk
05-30-2017, 08:42 PM
Rather than visit my F3 in my LADY-Cave, I shall follow this thread. :clap:

I think I've seen night screen on my f3 ... unless I'm thinking of my previous spyder...

LateLifeCrisis
05-30-2017, 08:56 PM

:wrong:

Bob Denman
05-31-2017, 06:47 AM
What is nighttime? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

:D
:clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuNzqDUvods

MagYukon
05-31-2017, 06:58 AM
Bob says 'speedo', Marie says 'tach'... my F3 says NEITHER....
I just went down to the MAN-CAVE, kept the lites off, started up my F3... dragged a quarter-size piece of cardboard over every inch of the cluster, including the center piece... NOTHING, NADA, NIL, ZIP, ZILCH, ZERO....
what am i doing wrong, OR, does the F3 not have the nite vision... (i don't ride much at nite, so i can't remember if i've ever seen the nite dash)....
HELP...! ! !
Dan P
SPYD3R

On my side, the only difference I can see between day and nught is the fact that some colors are not the same. The fuel gauge is orange at day and kind of white/gray at night. No much difference.

And, in the configuration, we can dim the light at night, but it seems to be related only to the needle gauge (speed and tach) right or left but doesn't change the LCD screen (which is way too bright in my opinion at night).

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-31-2017, 08:40 AM
I've done the night mode thing in daylight ....... It's actually terrible ..... I had a much harder time seeing the instruments ..... but go for it ........ Mike :thumbup:

JulieMarie
05-31-2017, 08:46 AM
Cuznjohn you are a real philosopher! :bowdown:

cuznjohn
05-31-2017, 11:08 AM
Cuznjohn you are a real philosopher! :bowdown:

as they said in HISTORY OF THE WORLD WITH MELL BROOKS, i'm a philosopher, OH SO YOUR A BULL S**** ER lol and thanks i try hard

Bob Denman
05-31-2017, 11:26 AM
:clap: You beat me to that reference... :bowdown: :2thumbs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf91tX7G7I8