PDA

View Full Version : Sue Hopper is painting my trike

Tyris
05-30-2017, 12:12 PM
She is awesome and I have the good fortune to be only about an hour away from this talented lady. Have always loved art grew up worshiping artists like Frank Frazetta, Boris Vallejo, Micheal Whealan as well as the dungeon and dragons guys, Jeff Easley, Larry Elmore, Brom, etc

So having the trike painted with Sword and Sorcery in mind and the fact that I really loved Lord of the Rings made choices very easy.

Thanks, Sue.

The "Good" side, Shows the progression as she was painting, farthest right is after clear coating!!!!

Bob Denman
05-30-2017, 12:17 PM
:clap: WOW!!! :2thumbs:
That is looking pretty darn gorgeous! :firstplace:

We need more pictures! :D

Tyris
05-30-2017, 12:23 PM
And the "evil" side, love Christopher Lee!!!!!!!!

Bayouboy
05-30-2017, 12:49 PM
That is bad a$$!

trikermutha
05-30-2017, 12:55 PM
That is sharp :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
05-30-2017, 01:26 PM
I just love her work. :thumbup:

ARtraveler
05-30-2017, 01:47 PM
Very nice. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::firstplace::firstplace ::firstplace:

BernardD
05-30-2017, 01:53 PM
Very nice!!

Tyris
05-30-2017, 02:08 PM
And my favorite, the frunk!!! If you look very closely you'll see that the flames from the Balrog bleeds into both the side pieces, especially on the clouds behind Gandalf. It's one of those times when you have an idea of what you want it to look like and it turns out better than you could have imagined. Should you ever have the opportunity to see Sue at one of the rallies she paints at, check her art out. You will not be disappointed.

BernardD
05-30-2017, 02:26 PM
When all this done, will we recognize this as a Spyder?

Tyris
05-30-2017, 02:36 PM
Yep, still looks like a spyder!

Motorcycledave
05-30-2017, 02:39 PM
WOW !!!!!

Chupaca
05-30-2017, 08:34 PM
Very talented lady...I have her work hanging in my garage...not on the spyder yet all about the spyder and the lobster...great piece....:firstplace:

Tyris
12-30-2017, 06:52 PM
Had Sue do a helmet for Christmas.

Turned out awesome. The Eye is painted on three sides so wherever I turn my head, that I is looking at ya. Like "Monsters Inc" movie, "I got my eye on you!!"

Thanks, Sue.

UtahPete
12-30-2017, 08:08 PM
She is awesome and I have the good fortune to be only about an hour away from this talented lady. Have always loved art grew up worshiping artists like Frank Frazetta, Boris Vallejo, Micheal Whealan as well as the dungeon and dragons guys, Jeff Easley, Larry Elmore, Brom, etc So having the trike painted with Sword and Sorcery in mind and the fact that I really loved Lord of the Rings made choices very easy. Thanks, Sue. The "Good" side, Shows the progression as she was painting, farthest right is after clear coating!!!!
Beautiful work. Not sure I would do that, but congrats and hope to see your bike one of these days.

smoof
12-31-2017, 08:57 AM
very nice

SilverFox1
12-31-2017, 09:25 AM
Absolutely fantastic! Love it. Someday, soon I hope, I’m going to try my hand at this kind of art. I have all the airbrush equipment. I’ts the guts I’m a little short of. Lol
I’m in the leathercraft business and can’t seem to find spare time.
SilverFox

Chupaca
12-31-2017, 11:55 AM
156681 Sue Hopper painted it on a metal sheet and it hangs in the garage...:thumbup:

UtahPete
12-31-2017, 12:41 PM
156681 Sue Hopper painted it on a metal sheet and it hangs in the garage...:thumbup:
Quite the talent! And imagination :bowdown:

Chupaca
12-31-2017, 01:44 PM
I always felt the spyder is like a lobster...I gave her the Idea and she went with it. I labled it "Evolution" so she used my spyder and did a great job....Only saw it when it was done and was very pleased....:2thumbs:

Quite the talent! And imagination :bowdown:

DGoebel
12-31-2017, 08:53 PM
Tyris, any photos of the assembled finished Spyder, I tried to find an Album, but couldn't.
As pretty as all the parts off the bike are, what's the full design look like?

Arion
12-31-2017, 09:34 PM

Ah! A "Down East" - that is to say Maine - Spyder. Spectacular! :thumbup:

Tyris
12-31-2017, 11:55 PM
Tyris, any photos of the assembled finished Spyder, I tried to find an Album, but couldn't.
As pretty as all the parts off the bike are, what's the full design look like?

The left side is the "good" side Gandalf, while the "right" side is the "evil" side Saraman.

The flames from the frunk of Gandalf standing on the bridge fighting the Balrog flows into the background of each of the wizards portrait as lightning, also behind Saraman you can see the shape of Sauron's helmet. The insignia from BRP was replaced by a light-up Sue painted of the ring which lights up.

For the saddlebags wanted something "other" than flames so came up with "magical" energy that crackles and sparks and ties the back of the trike together. Emblem of the Tree of Gondor in white is on the left side and the Eye of Sauron in red is on the right.

Tolkien has great traveling quotes, "Not all those who wander are lost" seemed appropriate on a bike. You can't see on the pics but got a personalized license plate "1Ring" with an Eagle on it and on the license plate holder is printed "We are on an adventure."

I had a vision what I wanted in my mind and Sue surpassed that vision 10fold. Most would consider the expense frivolous but to me, this will probably be the only trike I will ever own so wanted it to characterize me and yes I'm a geek and a nerd but I'm ok with that.

Mikey
01-01-2018, 08:00 AM
That is just out of this world great! Can't imagine how much that's costing, but it's worth every cent!!:clap::popcorn::clap: I want to see this thing together! Love to have her work on my pearl rtl!

tehrlich
01-01-2018, 10:00 AM
How long does something like this take?

My favorite part is the line up of silhouettes with the Spyder included.

Your seat cover could be considered a fleece from Middle Earth.

Tyris
01-01-2018, 10:50 AM
How long does something like this take?

My favorite part is the line up of silhouettes with the Spyder included.

Your seat cover could be considered a fleece from Middle Earth.

I'm thinking dragonskin, hence the recovering of the seat.

Sue paints really fast (thinking a few days), just need to coordinate with the shop that clear coats the pieces once she gets done painting. Trick is catching her when not so busy. I think she knocked out the helmet in a day or so.