PDA

View Full Version : Thunderstorms predicted!!

SpyderBears
05-30-2017, 09:24 AM
We're leaving Thursday for Homecoming, and this morning see that thunderstorms are predicted for the weekend. Yikes!!
Rain we can handle but lightening!!! Not good. I'm still holding out hope that the weather report will change, but now trying to decide if we should just drive up in our truck instead of bringing the Spyder.
Is anybody out there having the same concerns? What is your Plan B? Anyone leaving their Spyders at home and coming up anyway??

Prob not much hope of sunny weather, but maybe it'll just be cloudy with a little rain......

Tazzel
05-30-2017, 09:41 AM
yes these events are to early in the year for me. It is still snowing in Colorado.

Dave7691
05-30-2017, 09:48 AM
We're leaving Thursday for Homecoming, and this morning see that thunderstorms are predicted for the weekend. Yikes!!
Rain we can handle but lightening!!! Not good. I'm still holding out hope that the weather report will change, but now trying to decide if we should just drive up in our truck instead of bringing the Spyder.
Is anybody out there having the same concerns? What is your Plan B? Anyone leaving their Spyders at home and coming up anyway??

Prob not much hope of sunny weather, but maybe it'll just be cloudy with a little rain......
Im also thinking about the same as just got bronchitis and really don't feel up to riding in cold rain . i will trailer mine up hoping for a change in me feeling better or the weather to change. I haven't been sick in a year now figures . :banghead::banghead:

Chupaca
05-30-2017, 09:49 AM
If you don't have it get the "my radar" app add you may be able to stay out of harms way with some route adjustment. There is a lot of activity around but clear spot too...:gaah:

jaherbst
05-30-2017, 09:50 AM
If you have Kenda tires not to worry. They ward off lightning strikes which is why I always use them. LOL

:joke: Never heard of lighting sticking a Spyder. Anyone else. I think that would be a first!

Jack

Haze
05-30-2017, 10:46 AM
Rain could be uncomfortable but will not stop me.
Back in my college days I worked in New Mexico in at Langmiur, Thunderstrom research lab.
Pittsburgh to Valcourt. Leaving for Homecoming early Wednesday.
I have my rain gear packed on top of stuff.
Will wear my waterproof boots and gloves and just smile as the miles go by.

SpyderAnn01
05-30-2017, 07:09 PM
We left Las Vegas one week ago and the forecast called for rain almost every day. So far we have had less than an hour of total rain the entire trip. We are leaving Nova Scotia tomorrow heading to Valcourt and the forecast is calling for rain again and if it rains we will continue to ride. If I stayed home or drove my car every time there was rain the forecast I'd have 10,000 miles on my Spyder instead of 111,000. You won't melt and neither will your Spyder. Invest in good rain gear and ride or stay home. Your choice.

SpyderAnn01
05-30-2017, 07:11 PM
And if you trailer your bike don't hog a bunch of parking spaces at the hotel. Thank you.

murphybrown
05-30-2017, 07:20 PM
Never let weather stop me. :bowdown: And nope if I can't ryde I don't go...just the way I roll...:thumbup:

bscrive
05-30-2017, 07:24 PM
I think we will stick by Ann all weekend, she seems to bring on the sunshine. :thumbup:

You are so right Ann. My wife and I have driven in some crazy weather on our bikes, including a lightning storm and we are still here. It gives us stories that we talk about later. :doorag:

Guys, take your Spyders and have an adventure.

Deanna777
05-30-2017, 07:26 PM
We left Las Vegas one week ago and the forecast called for rain almost every day. So far we have had less than an hour of total rain the entire trip. We are leaving Nova Scotia tomorrow heading to Valcourt and the forecast is calling for rain again and if it rains we will continue to ride. If I stayed home or drove my car every time there was rain the forecast I'd have 10,000 miles on my Spyder instead of 111,000. You won't melt and neither will your Spyder. Invest in good rain gear and ride or stay home. Your choice.:agree: get rain gear, and ride. Life is to short! Deanna

Deanna777
05-30-2017, 07:28 PM
I think we will stick by Ann all weekend, she seems to bring on the sunshine. :thumbup:

You are so right Ann. My wife and I have driven in some crazy weather on our bikes, including a lightning storm and we are still here. It gives us stories that we talk about later. :doorag:

Guys, take your Spyders and have an adventure.:agree: Deanna

PW2013STL
05-30-2017, 07:33 PM
We are in Canada now. No rain on todays ride, but yesterday it rained almost the entire ride through Michigan. All you need is good rain gear and more importantly a good attitude.

Les & Kathy

UtahPete
05-30-2017, 07:36 PM
yes these events are to early in the year for me. It is still snowing in Colorado.

It's all about elevation, dude. Get off that high plateau and you'll be fine!

Border Rider
05-30-2017, 07:48 PM
Just watched the weather forecast for southern Quebec, northern Vermont, looks like decent weather, mid to upper 60,s slight
chance of spotty showers Friday, sun and clouds for Sat. and Sun.

kngfsh27
05-30-2017, 07:52 PM
Hopefully for all attendees, you have good dry weather. Not like Spyderfest the past two years.

kngfsh27
05-30-2017, 08:00 PM
We left Las Vegas one week ago and the forecast called for rain almost every day. So far we have had less than an hour of total rain the entire trip. We are leaving Nova Scotia tomorrow heading to Valcourt and the forecast is calling for rain again and if it rains we will continue to ride. If I stayed home or drove my car every time there was rain the forecast I'd have 10,000 miles on my Spyder instead of 111,000. You won't melt and neither will your Spyder. Invest in good rain gear and ride or stay home. Your choice.
:agree: Don't know how many times I have left home when it's supposed to rain and ran into to nothing but great weather. When it does rain, I just put on my rainsuit and continue on my mission. Staying at home right now is not an option. That will come way too soon.:banghead:

johnwinslow
05-30-2017, 08:04 PM

Gas mileage is better in thunder storms

SpyderAnn01
05-30-2017, 08:07 PM

Guys, take your Spyders and have an adventure.

LOL. We are riding with another couple and they seem to be to be warding off the rain.

Deanna777
05-30-2017, 08:10 PM
Gas mileage is better in thunder storms:agree: X 2 , get some rain gear. Deanna