PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to remedy Hyperflash?

SteveandBelinda
05-29-2017, 10:54 PM
Had some LED's put on couple weeks ago. Have fender lights hooked to turn signal. When I put on turn signal, it flashes normal about 2 times, then hyper flashes. I tried doing what Lamont does on his video about hyper flash, but it does nothing for me. It's on a 2014 RTL

spyderfever
05-30-2017, 05:46 AM
Some people have had the same problem and were told to have the engine running when you do it. It may be worth a try! Good luck!

Centurion
05-30-2017, 06:13 AM
We also have a 2014 RTL and Lamont's instructions to correct the hyper flash worked for our bike as written in the Spyderpops kit.

Bob Denman
05-30-2017, 06:36 AM
:agree: ...They worked just fine on my 2014 RT-L also.
But you do have to make sure that you follow the instructions EXACTLY s he laid them out... nojoke

https://youtu.be/gpuEqpiTm4M

MisterP
05-30-2017, 08:00 PM
TricLED told me to hold the emergency flasher button for 30 seconds with the engine running, because the reset is sensitive to voltage. That's worked for me.

Blue Star
05-30-2017, 10:02 PM
Will hyper flash do any damage to the electrical system? I'm in the process of putting on LED lighting, and have it. I kind of like it, but not sure if it will damage the system.

PapaHotel
05-30-2017, 10:25 PM
I had the hyper flash for my entire trip home from Spoyderfest. The bike was very wet from the torrential monsoon we rode home in. Once the bike dried out the hyper flash went away.

PapaHotel
05-30-2017, 10:26 PM
I had the hyper flash for my entire trip home from Spyderfest. The bike was very wet from the torrential monsoon we rode home in. Once the bike dried out the hyper flash went away.

SteveandBelinda
05-31-2017, 12:34 AM
[Followed them to the letter, about half a dozen times.

QUOTE=Bob Denman;1263464]:agree: ...They worked just fine on my 2014 RT-L also.
But you do have to make sure that you follow the instructions EXACTLY s he laid them out... nojoke

https://youtu.be/gpuEqpiTm4M[/QUOTE]

SteveandBelinda
05-31-2017, 12:35 AM
Tried that too. Does not work either.

TricLED told me to hold the emergency flasher button for 30 seconds with the engine running, because the reset is sensitive to voltage. That's worked for me.

Centurion
05-31-2017, 06:15 AM
I would try calling the vendor from who you purchased the items. Both Spyderpops and Tricleds have awesome customer service! Their staff really know their products and probably talk you on to the right troubleshooting steps.

Bob Denman
05-31-2017, 06:57 AM
Will hyper flash do any damage to the electrical system? I'm in the process of putting on LED lighting, and have it. I kind of like it, but not sure if it will damage the system.
Nope: it's not going to hurt anything! :thumbup:

bcer960
05-31-2017, 10:08 AM
I have a2017 RT-s, and have "reset" the hyper flash a few time since adding LED's. This morning, it's back. So, the procedure from Lamont doesn't seem to stick.

I remember reading in a previous post that adding a ?300ohm? resistor inline will also stop it? Anyone remember??

Thanks

Fatcycledaddy
05-31-2017, 11:02 AM
I have a2017 RT-s, and have "reset" the hyper flash a few time since adding LED's. This morning, it's back. So, the procedure from Lamont doesn't seem to stick.

I remember reading in a previous post that adding a ?300ohm? resistor inline will also stop it? Anyone remember??

Thanks
Mine didn't stick and kept coming back until I ran through it while the engine is running. Hasn't been back sense.

Freegle
05-31-2017, 11:08 AM

Thanks

If you are going to add a resistor you will need to start at 100ohms and work your way up. I put a 330ohm resister in line with my mirror turn signal and the turn signal was so dim that it almost look like it was not on. I went to a 100ohm resister and everything worked for me. These resistors are half watt resistors and can be purchased at Radio Shack for about a dollar for a four or five pack.

bcer960
05-31-2017, 11:35 AM
Mine didn't stick and kept coming back until I ran through it while the engine is running. Hasn't been back sense.

Mine stuck for a week, then came back this morning.

Matahead
08-11-2017, 11:16 AM
Sorry, this is the first I heard of this new age remedy... Will the Hazard Hold solution work on all models? Or all models starting a specific year?

I used resistor sets in the 2009 GS, it still hyperflashed.

Road-Kill
08-11-2017, 11:41 AM
I take it that the hyper flash occurs when the nanny detects something wrong such as a burned bulb, water in the electric system or a change in some electric draw.

Lew L
08-11-2017, 01:53 PM
I had to go with resistors after trying "the fix" a number of times. The resistors work and fix the hyper flash ---- period.

For me---- hyper flash causes-------------- Kaos

bcer960
08-11-2017, 08:37 PM
I have also had to resort to resistors, although i was hoping today was the day to install, didn't happen. Can I ask where you mounted them so they were attached to metal??

Thanks
Ray

Lew L
08-11-2017, 08:46 PM
I have also had to resort to resistors, although i was hoping today was the day to install, didn't happen. Can I ask where you mounted them so they were attached to metal??

Thanks
Ray

I attached a piece of 16 ga. aluminum to the resistor ( about 1" x 2.5" ) It's just a heat sink. Its been a year since I did this and NO problems.

Kaos

bcer960
08-11-2017, 08:54 PM
Thanks Kaos, good idea....

Matahead
08-12-2017, 08:01 PM

Thanks
Ray

Front Resistors on the GS were behind the instrument cluster, on top of the frame end piece. Ground was to the frame, behind the bars, under the lobster Tupperware. Rear were on L brackets I put behind the battery. These brackets held the run-turn-brake module, & resistors. I used one group resistor front, one back, much easier than one each corner.

bcer960
08-13-2017, 01:30 AM
Front Resistors on the GS were behind the instrument cluster, on top of the frame end piece. Ground was to the frame, behind the bars, under the lobster Tupperware. Rear were on L brackets I put behind the battery. These brackets held the run-turn-brake module, & resistors. I used one group resistor front, one back, much easier than one each corner.

I only got 2 resistors, one for each direction... you put 4 on? what was the value?? mine are 6.8K at 50W

Ray

Matahead
08-14-2017, 12:04 AM
I only got 2 resistors, one for each direction... you put 4 on? what was the value?? mine are 6.8K at 50W

Ray
I had one front, one rear. 4.5k didn't work, completely. They slowed, but not normal.