PDA

View Full Version : On the way to Valcourt - now 3 x 461

IdahoMtnSpyder
05-27-2017, 10:43 PM
I wouldn't bother to post except this coincidence is almost unbelievable! My nephew Tim and I left Nampa, ID Thursday morn headed to Evanston, WY. We were making good progress and decided to go on to Little America, WY. That meant canceling hotel rooms and booking new ones, which I got accomplished. This gets us into Muscatine, IA a few hours earlier on Sunday to visit with my son and family.

We are in Des Moines, IA tonight. Here's the unbelievable aspect. We traveled from Nampa, ID to Little America. Next stop for the night was Ogallala, NE. And then tonight in Des Moines. According to the Google Maps directions option, and inputting just the city names, each segment is 461 miles! That's right, 3 x 461 miles! I could hardly believe it when I checked the distances! What are the chances of doing that again, purely accidentally?

Thursday was cool, the upper 50's, but good riding. Friday was cool, in the high 40's and lower 50's, with some rain, and a bit of hail on the highest point of I-80 at the Lincoln Highway Memorial Summit Rest Stop a few miles east of Laramie, WY. Today we were expecting some thunderstorms but the ride turned out to be sunny and in the 70's. Great riding conditions. We sleep in tomorrow to make up the hour lost due to time change.

Chupaca
05-27-2017, 11:28 PM
What are the odds..?? Looks like your making good time and weather is a hit and miss situation. Be safe and enjoy the event...:thumbup: