PDA

View Full Version : Laminar Lip

Crisis
05-27-2017, 08:58 AM
Hi,
Does anyone have one of these installed on their windshield. I have a Madstad windshield that does a good job eliminating buffeting. This product is suppose to eliminate it almost 100%. Wondering if it works. Feedback please.
Thanks

Chupaca
05-27-2017, 09:09 AM
I do have the MSR windshield and the flip works well even on the sport model. I would think the one you mentiion would work well on the touring shields...:thumbup:

Easy Rider
05-27-2017, 09:22 AM
I tried one on a previous bike and was NOT impressed.
It ended up restricting and distorting my vision.

Based on ~50 years of riding experience, I don't think it is possible to completely eliminate the "buffeting" in the riders area.

And given my recent experience with my "new" '11 RT in the Florida heat.........I am actually looking for MORE air flow, not less.

Lew L
05-27-2017, 09:48 AM
I've found that a vented shield really helps with head buffeting. Honda puts a vent in their Goldwing shields and BRP offers a vented shield ( I have one). No head shaking and there is air flow on hot days. After market vents can be installednojoke.

Kaos

HayRog
05-27-2017, 10:34 AM
I used the Laminar Lip on a previous bike for about 6 months but never really found that "sweet spot" that others seemed to experience.

A word of warning though. They do vibrate to the point you wonder if they'll stay put. Mine didn't stay put :sour:, and in a particularly strong wind one day, flew off over my head and ended up in a parking lot across the road.
I retrieved it, stowed it in a top case, and didn't use it again.

I think the only way they will stay put is to attach by drilling and bolting them to the windshield.

SpyderF3-s
05-27-2017, 11:37 AM
I had one installed on my F3-S Blue Ridge windshield. I also could not get it to work to eliminate head buffering.

Crisis
05-27-2017, 06:27 PM
Thanks to all that replied. Saved me $100.00.