PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used an Oil change pump thru dip-stick?

jayallday01
05-26-2017, 03:49 PM
Hello everyone,

Have any of you ever tried or currently use an oil change pump to assist in changing the oil in your Spyder?
I am looking at purchasing this or similar: https://www.amazon.com/Attwood-quart-High-Speed-Change/dp/B00EVIO7YM
I know I will still have to change out the oil filter and washers, but maybe a pump will speed up the process.
Thanks for your feedback.

Crisis
05-26-2017, 04:22 PM
There is no shortcut by using a pump and you will never get out 100% of the oil.

These pumps are used when you do not have access to the oil drain plugs for example, an inboard motor on a boat.

Pull the plugs for best results. Cheers

Chupaca
05-26-2017, 04:38 PM
If you still have to do the filter/s your not saving much time and touble. You also will not see if there is anything going on in the egine...metal particles etc. But it is an alternative and know some have and are using this method....:thumbup:

Bob Denman
05-26-2017, 04:47 PM
Save your money, and let Gravity do the heavy-lifting for you! nojoke
It'll do a MUCH better job of draining the tank... :thumbup:

Samson
05-26-2017, 07:17 PM
I have a air driven industrial vac pump for my Mercedes Twin Turbo Charged diesel. There is no drain plug and the dealers use this vac to change the oil, works well. The oil change on the Spyder is so easy , not sure I would mess with the pump.