PDA

View Full Version : Mod Installation Update

JulieMarie
05-21-2017, 08:13 AM
So I had several mods I had bought to install and planned to start Friday night. We got started Saturday morning and the jack wouldn't get it high enough so we ended up running over to Iron Pony and buying an ATV lift and putting it up on some wood blocks for just a little extra height.

Plan was for me to do all the mods, but quickly realized that would be a 3 year process so I was more of a helper and my amazingly talented boyfriend did the real work. We got the BajaRon sway bar on and the lighted bumps kid. And the drink holder! Then we rode. The swaybar made a HUGE difference! I feel like I have much better control on curves. Loving it!

Maybe later today we will do the rest, I need to put on the Lamonster longhorn lights, replace the headlights with my new Lamonster LEDs and the foam grips. He might let me do the foam grips all by myself!

cuznjohn
05-21-2017, 08:17 AM
glad to hear i didn't scare you and you went ahead and did the work. also happy you are making it yours and enjoying it. ride safe

Bob Denman
05-21-2017, 08:24 AM
:agree: :clap:

JulieMarie
05-21-2017, 09:31 AM
glad to hear i didn't scare you and you went ahead and did the work. also happy you are making it yours and enjoying it. ride safe

Well you did scare me! But that's a pretty easy thing to do. However, when I realized how much it would cost to have someone else do it I got brave again! That and the fact that my boyfriend can do pretty much anything! He can do all kinds of mechanic stuff, house stuff and he's a body man by training but now works as an insurance adjuster on wrecked cars. He can see car parts and tell you what kind of car it fits, quote the year, etc... When he starts spouting that stuff I call him Rain Man! Thankfully for me he can't cook, fold clothes or find his keys so that's where I come in handy. :roflblack:

cuznjohn
05-21-2017, 09:40 AM
Well you did scare me! But that's a pretty easy thing to do. However, when I realized how much it would cost to have someone else do it I got brave again! That and the fact that my boyfriend can do pretty much anything! He can do all kinds of mechanic stuff, house stuff and he's a body man by training but now works as an insurance adjuster on wrecked cars. He can see car parts and tell you what kind of car it fits, quote the year, etc... When he starts spouting that stuff I call him Rain Man! Thankfully for me he can't cook, fold clothes or find his keys so that's where I come in handy. :roflblack:

see when i bought my bike, i had already figured what i wanted to put on the bike as upgrades, so my dealer installed them for me for free. i did install elka shocks on my bike also. i found i needed them being a full figured man. oh i had a RT limited, sorry. the first time i installed the shocks, i found it easier to take the front end off. but when i got my 14 rt, i had someone else do the elka shocks, and they just did them w/o removing the front end.

Chupaca
05-21-2017, 09:47 AM
You both got a lot done...:clap: it is nice to have backup when you get into unchartered waters. I'm sure you will have no problem with the rest...:2thumbs:

Spyder 42
05-21-2017, 12:15 PM
Saw your GOS post on FB. Beautiful F3T

SteveLaoyster
05-21-2017, 06:26 PM
We got the BajaRon sway bar on and the lighted bumps kid. And the drink holder! Then we rode. The swaybar made a HUGE difference! I feel like I have much better control on curves. Loving it!

Maybe later today we will do the rest, I need to put on the Lamonster longhorn lights, replace the headlights with my new Lamonster LEDs and the foam grips. He might let me do the foam grips all by myself!

Glad you are impressed with the handling with the new sway bar. I felt the same way with mine. Remember lots of hand sanitizer for the grips.