PDA

View Full Version : Fr. Leo's Mods

frleo
04-26-2009, 07:25 AM
I just installed F1's 777 windscreen. Thought many might like to see what it looks like. It pretty much eliminates all slip stream wind blast.

jeuchler
04-26-2009, 08:24 AM
I just installed F1's 777 windscreen. Thought many might like to see what it looks like. It pretty much eliminates all slip stream wind blast.

Happiness is a good windshield! :thumbup:

(Good to meet you and Addie last weekend, Fr. Leo!)

frleo
04-26-2009, 03:05 PM
John and Barb,

The Niagara Falls meet was fun. We enjoyed meeting so many enthusiasts. I wish I had the stamina to make a trip like you did from East Coast.
It was my bad that we had to leave so early.
Did you have a better experience getting back to the USA?

---leo---

jeuchler
04-26-2009, 03:12 PM
John and Barb,

The Niagara Falls meet was fun. We enjoyed meeting so many enthusiasts. I wish I had the stamina to make a trip like you did from East Coast.
It was my bad that we had to leave so early.
Did you have a better experience getting back to the USA?

---leo---

Ha.

Here was my post the night we got home (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=91032&postcount=346). Hope they have a better Banner ride today in Hell!

dltang
04-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Glad you like you windshield Father Leo, I have acquired Brian's F1 Slider it would seem. He is thinking of getting something different so I thought, what the heck, I'll try his. I really like his slider. I liked the EVO III but this is even better.

frleo
04-26-2009, 08:30 PM
I like the slider also and plan to keep it and change them as conditions warrant. I now own 4 windshields, can't seem to part with any of them. Is that a sickness? :lecturef_smilie:

---leo---

NancysToy
04-26-2009, 09:01 PM
I like the slider also and plan to keep it and change them as conditions warrant. I now own 4 windshields, can't seem to part with any of them. Is that a sickness? :lecturef_smilie:

---leo---
Only according to Tatt2r. :D
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

frleo
05-02-2009, 03:58 PM
On Saturday, we delivered the spYder to our dealer for some service and custom work.
I'm having spYder withdrawl. The barn just doesn't look right without the spyder in there. I hope it comes home next week.
Details and pictures to follow.

---leo---

dltang
05-02-2009, 07:27 PM
What kind of custom work father? We want hints.

frleo
05-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Deb, you may recall that I have a problem with my right leg and foot that makes it difficult for me to actuate the foot brake. The service tech has come up with a couple of mods that we hope will solve the issue.
When finished, I'll describe the changes and post pictures.

---leo---

dltang
05-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Deb, you may recall that I have a problem with my right leg and foot that makes it difficult for me to actuate the foot brake. The service tech has come up with a couple of mods that we hope will solve the issue.
When finished, I'll describe the changes and post pictures.

---leo---
That is great! I can't wait to see your photos and what he comes up with for you. Hang on in the meantime, spyder withdrawl can be tough to deal with.

tatt2r
05-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Only according to Tatt2r. :D
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

Awesome scotty:thumbup:

tatt2r
05-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Happiness is a good windshield! :thumbup:

(Good to meet you and Addie last weekend, Fr. Leo!)

I can learn to hate you john :joke:

frleo
05-12-2009, 07:24 PM
We brought home our spyder this afternoon, serviced and ready for a summer of ryding.
I now have a beautifully installed hydraulic hand brake on the right bar. After a ryde several times around the dealership parking lot, this solves the problem of right bum leg/foot. Depressing the hand brake lowers the foot brake pedal and that allows me to apply brakes with both hand and foot. Lots of braking power.
I didn't get any pix today, but will soon.

---leo---:2thumbs:

docdoru
05-12-2009, 07:30 PM
:thumbup: frleo :thumbup:

bjt
05-12-2009, 08:19 PM
:congrats:

dltang
05-12-2009, 08:29 PM
That is great Father, now you can really ride and enjoy.

jeuchler
05-12-2009, 09:08 PM
I can learn to hate you john :joke:

Ha!

That's an e a s y lesson!

(Hey, man, I now have a h u g e windshield--I'm just deciding what mural you can etch on it for me!)

jeuchler
05-12-2009, 09:10 PM
I now have a beautifully installed hydraulic hand brake...
I didn't get any pix today, but will soon.

---leo---:2thumbs:

No pix yesterday, no pix today, pix tomorrow? :joke:

frleo
05-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Patience, patience, John. Or aren't patients in your manual? :opps:

---leo---:ohyea:

frleo
05-14-2009, 03:38 PM
OK, these pix won't satisfy you techies, but I wasn't there for the part where the panels were all off. But here's what I see. There is the master cylinder and lever, there is a slave cylinder and rYder's overview. I am now rYding with more confidence and safety.

dltang
05-14-2009, 07:42 PM
OK, these pix won't satisfy you techies, but I wasn't there for the part where the panels were all off. But here's what I see. There is the master cylinder and lever, there is a slave cylinder and rYder's overview. I am now rYding with more confidence and safety.

Hey Leo,
I recognize that style barn in the third photo. Don't let the horses run over your spyder. I spent many long hours in those style barns.

frleo
05-14-2009, 07:49 PM
That is our indoor riding arena. However, these days it is more a place to park tools and toys. We have 4 horses, but our riders have all moved away. Right now, the 4 horses are way up on the mountain pasture. They look really nice up there.:chat: