PDA

View Full Version : Engine light

Kdyencer
05-17-2017, 04:26 PM
I have been having an ongoing problem for about a year with the engine light can am has change the fuel pump the whole dashboard and still have the issue of the light coming on. Has anybody else had this problem?

Bob Denman
05-17-2017, 05:34 PM
:welcome:
Question: When is the light coming on?

(You really haven't given us much to go on; please describe your situation more fully...)

Chupaca
05-17-2017, 05:41 PM
:agree: the check engine light comes on with almost any problem. May have nothing to do with the engine.:lecturef_smilie: there should be some codes that help pin point where ghe problem might be. The spydercodes app can help with that...

DGoebel
05-17-2017, 05:56 PM
Greetings Kdyencer, Welcome to the forum,
What Year, What Model Spyder are you referring to? That would help narrow this issue down, as Bob and Chupaca have indicated, When the problem occurs, you can stop the bike, keep it on, and go through the Check codes steps to display any error codes on the dashboard screen. The SpyderCodes App on a smart phone can help with the process, or if you don't have one, then You can follow the instructions in the "Do's and Do Not's" for new Spyder owners...thread (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?41346-quot-Do-s-and-Do-Nots-quot-for-new-Spyder-owners)

Bob Denman
05-17-2017, 06:00 PM
In his profile: it just lists "Spyder RT"... no mention as to which model year bike. :dontknow:

Dgdecker
05-17-2017, 06:19 PM
I have been having an ongoing problem for about a year with the engine light can am has change the fuel pump the whole dashboard and still have the issue of the light coming on. Has anybody else had this problem?
Yup, my 2014 RTS in at the dealer for the third time in 6 months. Code P0172. Still hoping it gets fixed for good.

Kdyencer
05-17-2017, 06:42 PM
OK I I have a spider 2012 RTS automatic transmission 30,000 miles acording to the dealer it's indicating there something wrong in the fuel system they change the whole fuel system which is one module and that did not fix the problem. as an attempt to repair the problem they changed The whole dashboard assembling speedometer tachometer all the gauges and that didn't fix the problem. There is no rhyme or reason when it comes on sometimes I'll just be going down route 50 or 60 miles an hour and it comes on slap for an does not go out, other times it comes on and goes off comes on and goes off. I am new at blogging so it's great that you tell me what you need to know when when I need to do OK thanks my name is Dick

Kdyencer
05-17-2017, 06:59 PM
OK I I have a spider 2012 RTS automatic transmission 30,000 miles acording to the dealer it's indicating there something wrong in the fuel system they change the whole fuel system which is one module and that did not fix the problem. as an attempt to repair the problem they changed The whole dashboard assembling speedometer tachometer all the gauges and that didn't fix the problem. There is no rhyme or reason when it comes on sometimes I'll just be going down route 50 or 60 miles an hour and it comes on slap for an does not go out, other times it comes on and goes off comes on and goes off. I am new at blogging so it's great that you tell me what you need to know when when I need to do OK thanks my name is Dick
PS one time it was fixed I drove it for 200 miles put it in the garage next morning started the bike up and before I got to the end of the driveway came up just some more information

Bob Denman
05-18-2017, 06:55 AM
By "fuel system"; are you referring to changing the throttle bodies? :dontknow:
The Main screen change puzzles me: it really has nothing to do with fuel delivery. Could they just have removed it, in order to change out wiring or cabling?
They might have also changed the throttle position sensor as well... another part of the "fuel system" that often goes "clunk", and puts you into Limp Mode... :shocked:
Please let us know what they find under the hood: Good Luck! :thumbup:

Kdyencer
05-27-2017, 09:26 PM
The Code that they're getting his P0461. They have changed the throttlebody hoses they have changed the whole fuel pump mechanism that fits down in the tank. They change the whole dash panel thinking that there might be a short in the engine light . They have re-initialize the whole computing system on the bike and they checked for continuity to see if there was a short somewhere, all that came up negative. So I have the bike again and I drove about 30 miles today coming home and there was no issues (other than the rain)with the engine light. Tomorrow I'm going to go out for 150 miles or so and see what happens.

Bob Denman
05-28-2017, 07:40 AM
Good luck! :thumbup:
Please let us all know how the trip goes...

oldgoat
05-28-2017, 09:39 AM
Not really advisable to have your street address on your location line.

Kdyencer
05-28-2017, 06:35 PM
I want 150 miles today filled up with gas at around 99 miles everything works fine. Parently while they had it in the shop theytighten some of the grounds and maybe they found it I don't know I'm gonna try again tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks for listening I have a hard time figuring out how to use the system but I'll get it.

Ron2andia
05-28-2017, 07:17 PM
:welcome: Hope you get squared away.. you came to the right place for answers.