PDA

View Full Version : Akrapovic exhaust

edgexsnoglobe
05-16-2017, 01:40 PM
Just put the sport slip on silencer on my 2014 ST pulled the baffles it has a real nice sound, not too loud not too soft, Deep and throty really seems like a high quality piece

just want to put that out there for anybody that's interested

NSPYTE
05-19-2017, 01:51 PM
Just put the sport slip on silencer on my 2014 ST pulled the baffles it has a real nice sound, not too loud not too soft, Deep and throty really seems like a high quality piece

just want to put that out there for anybody that's interested

I did the same on my 2013 ST limited, both baffles out. It draws attention LOL.

The only thing i notice is that with both baffles out, when you really want to get on it...taking off in first (SE tranny), I have a serious bog. Doesnt happen in other gears, just initially in first. Just curious after youve ridden it awhile if you have the same issue.

ingramwc
05-19-2017, 11:31 PM
NSPYTE, My 2013 STS SE5 is bone stock and when I crack the throttle hard in first gear I too get a split second bog, then it "catches up" and takes off like a screaming banshee.
This only happens in 1st gear! From any other gear if I roll on the throttle hard it takes off in a hurry!! But from any other gear I am usually at or above 5,000 RPM.:yes::yes:

edgexsnoglobe
05-20-2017, 08:53 AM

The only thing i notice is that with both baffles out, when you really want to get on it...taking off in first (SE tranny), I have a serious bog. Doesnt happen in other gears, just initially in first. Just curious after youve ridden it awhile if you have the same issue.

I noticed before I put exhaust on and after the same amount of bogging it just seems to be characteristic of the transmission because you are using a clutch system

mustangdaren
06-08-2017, 03:18 PM
Mine arrives tomorrow. Putting it on a 2013 ST-S SM5. Can't wait.

Trbayth
06-08-2017, 06:39 PM
I put one on last week at Homecoming. Leaving the baffles in for now. May take them out later.

Ron2andia
06-08-2017, 06:51 PM
I put the Sinister on mine and love it.

mustangdaren
06-09-2017, 03:21 PM
Just got done installing it. I took the baffles out. It is still a little quiet in my opinion. I like the look of it but the sound of the Two Brothers exhaust better. One nice thing is the bike probably dropped 25lbs. Good lord is that stock muffler heavy.

motoswami
06-22-2017, 03:07 PM
If anyone's interested, I just took off a near-new Tailgunner slip-on exhaust from my newly-acquired 2013 ST.
New they're $650 on eBay, and weigh 7 pounds less than the stock muffler (13 lb vs 20 lb).

I'll sell this one for $300 (that's less than half price for those mathematically hindered) plus actual shipping.

peter.tamblyn@gmail.com

Pete

AY4B
06-30-2017, 08:48 PM
On mine I liked it with the baffolds out at first but when I got the cat bypass and the touring shield that trapped the sound in, too loud. I put the baffolds back on. I like the combination of the Akrapovic and the cat bypass.

Wildrice
07-26-2017, 11:04 PM

I had a Harley with Screamin Eagle mufflers that the prior owner had removed the baffles ---Terribly noisy & I couldn't drop below 45mph in 5 th gear without the engine stuttering. Replaced the de-baffled Screamin Eagle mufflers with same non baffled muffler & I could drop down to 25 mph in 5th & accelerate. Most of these engines need the back pressure.
d

Matahead
07-26-2017, 11:35 PM
I had a Harley with Screamin Eagle mufflers that the prior owner had removed the baffles ---Terribly noisy & I couldn't drop below 45mph in 5 th gear without the engine stuttering. Replaced the de-baffled Screamin Eagle mufflers with same non baffled muffler & I could drop down to 25 mph in 5th & accelerate. Most of these engines need the back pressure.
d

Regardless of the vehicle, lugging the engine is every bit as damaging to the engine as over reving. Traveling in 5th, at a speed where you should be in 2nd, can bend internal parts and cause you to walk long distances.

Wildrice
07-27-2017, 08:41 AM
Regardless of the vehicle, lugging the engine is every bit as damaging to the engine as over reving. Traveling in 5th, at a speed where you should be in 2nd, can bend internal parts and cause you to walk long distances.

The point of my post deals with the importance of back pressure lost via removing the baffles. My F3's SE6 automatically downshifts at 1800 rpm. At 1900 Rpm the engine pulls just fine without any stumbling. Engine stumbling may hurt the engine--but any steady pull (without engine stumbling vibration) from a low rpm does not.
Darrell

JonYiong
10-16-2018, 08:12 PM
On mine I liked it with the baffolds out at first but when I got the cat bypass and the touring shield that trapped the sound in, too loud. I put the baffolds back on. I like the combination of the Akrapovic and the cat bypass.

May I know your Akrapovic is a Touring or Sports model?