PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change in Valcourt

Pirate looks at --
05-15-2017, 06:31 PM
Ok so in a few days we will be heading to the Great White North and the 10 year Anniversary. My wife will be ryding the 2013 RTL and our trip to Valcourt will be right at 3000 miles, so where can a guy get an oil change before heading home? Gotta keep the warranty in play! Any thoughts?? Maybe BRP will provide complimentary oil changes for anyone traveling 2000 or more miles to get there!:yes::yes::yes:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-15-2017, 06:57 PM
Ok so in a few days we will be heading to the Great White North and the 10 year Anniversary. My wife will be ryding the 2013 RTL and our trip to Valcourt will be right at 3000 miles, so where can a guy get an oil change before heading home? Gotta keep the warranty in play! Any thoughts?? Maybe BRP will provide complimentary oil changes for anyone traveling 2000 or more miles to get there!:yes::yes::yes: Well I'm 110miles south of Valcourt ( 05660 )... on Rt 100 or you can take I-91 and go west to me , or come down I-89 and get off in Waterbury ( Rt100 ), then 6 mi. south to me ....... I have tools, ramps , a Pit etc. You bring your Oil ( of choice lots of places on the way down to buy evn on Sun . ) and you can do it my house Rain or Shine. If you come down on Rt 100 you can connect to Rt 108 & go through the ( famous ) Notch Road at Mt Mansfield ( makes the Dragon look straight :roflblack: )........... Mike :roflblack:

Crisis
05-15-2017, 07:34 PM
Well I'm 110miles south of Valcourt ( 05660 )... on Rt 100 or you can take I-91 and go west to me , or come down I-89 and get off in Waterbury ( Rt100 ), then 6 mi. south to me ....... I

have tools, ramps , a Pit etc. You bring your Oil ( of choice lots of places on the way down to buy evn on Sun . ) and you can do it my house Rain or Shine. If you come down on Rt 100 you can go through the ( famous ) Notch Road at Mt Mansfield ( makes the Dragon look straight :roflblack: )........... Mike :roflblack:

What a wonderful offer! Love this site!

bscrive
05-15-2017, 08:01 PM
Mike is a nice guy and always willing to help out.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-15-2017, 09:07 PM
What a wonderful offer! Love this site!
:banghead: ...." THE NOTCH ROAD " is actually RT 108 but you can connect to it easily as you come south on Rt 100 ..... Mea Culpa ..... Mike :thumbup:

Chupaca
05-15-2017, 09:14 PM
Don't hold your breath..:roflblack: your better off going to Mike's...:lecturef_smilie:

ARtraveler
05-15-2017, 10:09 PM
Well I'm 110miles south of Valcourt ( 05660 )... on Rt 100 or you can take I-91 and go west to me , or come down I-89 and get off in Waterbury ( Rt100 ), then 6 mi. south to me ....... I have tools, ramps , a Pit etc. You bring your Oil ( of choice lots of places on the way down to buy evn on Sun . ) and you can do it my house Rain or Shine. If you come down on Rt 100 you can connect to Rt 108 & go through the ( famous ) Notch Road at Mt Mansfield ( makes the Dragon look straight :roflblack: )........... Mike :roflblack:

I was wondering how they were going to deal with that metric oil if an oil change was necessary. Your solution solves it. :bowdown::bowdown: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Crisis
05-16-2017, 05:58 AM
Aren't they giving complimentary oil changes? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

MagYukon
05-16-2017, 07:04 AM
Hi everybody,

Doing it yourself is a good way to go.

But if you need a dealer near the event, there is one directly across the street where the event will be. My guess is that they will be really loaded on those days, but maybe you can call in advance to reserve a place.

a quick search on the web will get you to
Performance NC, Valcourt.

If needed, there's also one in Sherbrooke (performance NC), about 20 minutes from there. And even one in Granby, also about 20 minutes but in the opposite direction.

If you need more info, just ask. I'm located just between Valcourt and Sherbrooke...

Buckeye Bleau
05-16-2017, 07:07 AM
Aren't they giving complimentary oil changes? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

I am sure that they will extend complimentary service for those attending. It will be done following a donation of 300 USD or 450 CD! :roflblack:

Joe

Bob Denman
05-16-2017, 07:08 AM
:D When you stop at Mike's: make sure that he cooks for you also! nojoke :2thumbs:
(Sorry Mike: they have to know about this little secret! :D)

Pirate looks at --
05-16-2017, 07:23 AM
Well I'm 110miles south of Valcourt ( 05660 )... on Rt 100 or you can take I-91 and go west to me , or come down I-89 and get off in Waterbury ( Rt100 ), then 6 mi. south to me ....... I have tools, ramps , a Pit etc. You bring your Oil ( of choice lots of places on the way down to buy evn on Sun . ) and you can do it my house Rain or Shine. If you come down on Rt 100 you can connect to Rt 108 & go through the ( famous ) Notch Road at Mt Mansfield ( makes the Dragon look straight :roflblack: )........... Mike :roflblack:

Mike thank you so much for the generous offer. Really appreciate it!

Red RT-S
05-16-2017, 08:11 AM
If you need a dealer and want to stay with a stateside dealer, go to Walt's Sales and Service in Derby, VT, just 2 miles south of the Aut-55/I-91 border crossing in Derby Line, VT at 1972 Route 5, Derby, VT.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-16-2017, 08:16 AM
If you need a dealer and want to stay with a stateside dealer, go to Walt's Sales and Service in Derby, VT, just 2 miles south of the Aut-55/I-91 border crossing in Derby Line, VT at 1972 Route 5, Derby, VT.
I thought about suggesting this ....... Do you know if they will be OPEN that Sunday ??????....... Mike :thumbup:

Lamonster
05-16-2017, 08:49 AM
The local Spyder dealer in Valcourt will be open all weekend during Homecoming for repairs and servicing. I recommend you call directly before hand to book a time for oil changes and service.

Mario (GM) or Nicholas (Service Manager) are the right contacts. English may be rough but they'll take good care of you.:doorag:

Performance NC Valcourt
9060, de la Montagne
Valcourt, QC J0E 2L0
Phone: 450 532-2262 (tel:%28450%29%20532-2262)
valcourt@performancenc.ca

Mario
05-16-2017, 08:59 AM
For those who want to make an oil change, Performance NC in Valcourt will be open

Pirate looks at --
05-16-2017, 02:38 PM
The local Spyder dealer in Valcourt will be open all weekend during Homecoming for repairs and servicing. I recommend you call directly before hand to book a time for oil changes and service.

Mario (GM) or Nicholas (Service Manager) are the right contacts. English may be rough but they'll take good care of you.:doorag:

Performance NC Valcourt
9060, de la Montagne
Valcourt, QC J0E 2L0
Phone: 450 532-2262 (tel:%28450%29%20532-2262)
valcourt@performancenc.ca

I have my appointment on June 2nd!:yes:

Bob Denman
05-16-2017, 02:43 PM
guess that you'll have LOTS of time now, to stop and sample Mike's cooking! :bowdown:

Pirate looks at --
05-16-2017, 02:45 PM
guess that you'll have LOTS of time now, to stop and sample Mike's cooking! :bowdown:
Hate to get my hands dirty before a good meal!:clap:

Bob Denman
05-16-2017, 02:47 PM
Good food just makes the dirt taste even better!! :clap: :2thumbs:

ronrico
05-17-2017, 12:31 PM

I am staying in Binghamton, NY the day before I arrive at Valcourt. Your comment about Notch Road sounds like I should make a little detour and and take this in. Could you give a little more info as to which roads I should take. Thanks for the info.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-17-2017, 06:23 PM
I am staying in Binghamton, NY the day before I arrive at Valcourt. Your comment about Notch Road sounds like I should make a little detour and and take this in. Could you give a little more info as to which roads I should take. Thanks for the info. There are sooooo many ways to get there..... I would be typing for hours ...... Use Google maps from where you are to Stowe VT..... Rt 108 goes north past the Ski area to Cambridge Vt and Rt 15....... I did the " NOTCH " today and I think I broke my all time record run :yes:...... there were zero cars ..... 90 degree's this early in May is very unusual ..... Mike :thumbup:

ronrico
05-17-2017, 07:09 PM
There are sooooo many ways to get there..... I would be typing for hours ...... Use Google maps from where you are to Stowe VT..... Rt 108 goes north past the Ski area to Cambridge Vt and Rt 15....... I did the " NOTCH " today and I think I broke my all time record run :yes:...... there were zero cars ..... 90 degree's this early in May is very unusual ..... Mike :thumbup:

Thanks I was on maps and had that road highlighted. Just making sure that I got the correct road so that I do the 'NOTCH'. Thanks again for the info and hope to run into you at Valcourt. Im staying in Sherbrooke at the Le Floral.

Deanna777
05-17-2017, 08:14 PM
There are sooooo many ways to get there..... I would be typing for hours ...... Use Google maps from where you are to Stowe VT..... Rt 108 goes north past the Ski area to Cambridge Vt and Rt 15....... I did the " NOTCH " today and I think I broke my all time record run :yes:...... there were zero cars ..... 90 degree's this early in May is very unusual ..... Mike :thumbup: I also rode on the NOTCH yesterday. There was 1 other motorcycle on the NOTCH, and no cars. Deanna

bscrive
05-17-2017, 08:22 PM
Deb and I travelled that road many years ago. I think it was back in 1994. I think that is high time that we do it again. We will have to pick a weekend this summer and ride it.

Navy Warrant
05-17-2017, 10:46 PM

When still under warranty doesn't the scheduled maintenance need to be done by an authorized dealer/shop to fulfill the warranty records requirement? Just askin'.

PW2013STL
05-18-2017, 12:22 AM
When still under warranty doesn't the scheduled maintenance need to be done by an authorized dealer/shop to fulfill the warranty records requirement? Just askin'.

It doesn't have to be done by a dealer as long as you use the approved type of oil and filters at the recommended intervals your warranty stays in play. The oil doesn't have to be BRP it just has to meet the requirements as listed in the owners manual.
You may need to show proof so you should keep a log with dated receipts. I have never had a dealer ask for proof (yet), but I have it if they do.