PDA

View Full Version : From the Road

murphybrown
05-13-2017, 10:43 PM
Hello all you good folks:

Well yesterday was get the sitter for my seater done and that they did. Having to adjust because my seater doesn't like change..but my butt is starting to accept something different..

Left Redding this morning and it was 41'...so had layers on, but no rain on horizon and we were making the comment bet we are shedding some layers in a couple hours. Because the small connecting backroad was basically a construction dirt track we opted to go south on 5 at at Red Bluff we got on CA 36...I had been waiting a couple years to run 36. I absolutely loved it and highly recommend IF you like curves...beautiful country.

Arrived at the place listed as End of World Road...Platina. Decided best top off the gas tanks...not that was system was from the 40's...a tank above ground, the pump was non functional but the "do it all" wonder guy...would run the switch and hopefully shut it off in time...Terry did great...me not so much so got overflow and ran all over Spyder....grrrr....

Then we go inside...absolutely charming from the 40's all in one small general store...pay for gas...whoops he ran both bikes gas for total gallons...no worries we'll sort it out. He had fresh coffee and I needed/wanted so got that then saw a reallllly clean small kitchen and I say you do breakfast...sure so "do it all" wonder guy prepares our breakfast.

Now Terry and Connie needed to walk to the back 40 for the bathroom...let just say I don't think "do it all" wonder guy was willing to clean the bathrooms. If you stop just walk out past where the bathroom is...the woods are much nicer and cleaner. Just sayin'

Well I was walking around the inside and wonderful antiques and being a general store the shelves were sparsely stocked with essentials to not get stuck at Platina. Oh yes, a sign on the front door as you walk in says NO SLEEPING IN FRONT OF THE BUILDING...but if you needed oil, brake fluid, a bottle of wine, small box of dog treats, 2 rolls of TP, one box feminine hygeine and 1 package plain wrapper prevent pregnancy essentials!!!

We left there still with all our layers and thinking it is going to rain..and it did..we had run, go a mile or 2 and it was drizzle then little further and downpour....Yep that's what it did all the way to Leggett where we turned onto HiWay1...more twisties roads and then wow there it was the magnificient blue waters of Pacific Ocean. Crashing against the rocks...so awesome.

Spending nite in Fort Bragg...The Tap Room for dinner. AWESOME...they were slammed busy and for good reason. Casual dining, but yummmmmmy food.

Tomorrow we run 1 south until we stop. Stay tuned. Awesome ryding even when wearing 5

Chupaca
05-13-2017, 10:53 PM
Nice trip so far...loved CA36 road it because of a fire detour. Enjoy the ryde and if you get to San Diego way let me know....:ohyea::ohyea:

PrairieSpyder
05-13-2017, 10:56 PM
Sounds like some of the places we did business at on the the way to Alaska! You're on another adventure, and I wish I could be with you.

Bob Denman
05-14-2017, 06:58 AM
:clap: GREAT storytelling! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
05-14-2017, 11:25 AM
Your something else MB. You take everything in stride and have a good time with it. As Prairie Spyder mentioned, sounds a bit like the 2015 Alaska trip.

Keep us posted. Looking forward to more on the road happenings. :yes::yes:

gkamer
05-14-2017, 11:37 AM
Sounds like fun