PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Wiring

I-Day
05-09-2017, 07:53 PM
I purchased a F3T and had the dealer put on a trailer hitch and wiring harness. They put on a square 4 pin adapter! My trailer is a flat four! Are there any adapters that go from square 4 to flat four?

IdahoMtnSpyder
05-09-2017, 10:45 PM
Cut the flat 4 in half and tape one half on top of the other half. Then it'll fit.

I-Day
05-09-2017, 10:54 PM
Cut the flat 4 in half and tape one half on top of the other half. Then it'll fit.

I will ill try that! Thanks

BigGuy66
05-10-2017, 08:14 AM
On the topic of trailer wiring - my Spyder is wired with a 5-flat because my Bunkhouse camper is a 5-flat system. The turn signals are separate from the tail/brake lights. Like this...

Is there an adapter that goes from 5-flat to 4-flat to work with a standard trailer wiring setup? I'm thinking of the small utility trailers that are around like this one...

I am not familiar with wiring and electrical stuff... I can turn on a light and play my radio... :shocked:

billybovine
05-10-2017, 08:53 AM
On the topic of trailer wiring - my Spyder is wired with a 5-flat because my Bunkhouse camper is a 5-flat system. The turn signals are separate from the tail/brake lights. Like this...

Is there an adapter that goes from 5-flat to 4-flat to work with a standard trailer wiring setup? I'm thinking of the small utility trailers that are around like this one...

I am not familiar with wiring and electrical stuff... I can turn on a light and play my radio... :shocked:

I don't know of an off the shelf adapter. You would have to have someone build it for you. Since you say your electrical skills are limited. Easy enough job with basic shade tree mechanic skills. You need to buy a non-powered 3 to 2 trailer converter, flat 5 and flat 4 plug to fits your existing.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=non+powered+3+to+2+trailer+converter&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Anon+powered+3+to+2+trailer+conver ter