PDA

View Full Version : Spyderclamps

PrairieSpyder
05-09-2017, 07:00 PM
I'm in the market for some front wheel chocks and ran across this thread about Spyderclamps: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?68302-Does-anyone-have-super-clamp&highlight=sheel+chock One of the posts indicates Pitbull carries them. They're closed now, but I'll call them tomorrow.

But, in the meantime, does anyone know who else might be a supplier for these?

R30SHIRE
05-09-2017, 07:20 PM
I'm in the market for some front wheel chocks and ran across this thread about Spyderclamps: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?68302-Does-anyone-have-super-clamp&highlight=sheel+chock One of the posts indicates Pitbull carries them. They're closed now, but I'll call them tomorrow.

But, in the meantime, does anyone know who else might be a supplier for these?

You can order them direct from Spyderclamps. I have them and they are well worth the money. A+++++++

trikermutha
05-09-2017, 08:01 PM
I think they are discontinued

trikermutha
05-09-2017, 08:14 PM
I think they are discontinued

Superclamp made them but no more

IdahoMtnSpyder
05-09-2017, 10:41 PM
This looks similar but I don't know how the tire is clamped in. The description doesn't show.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mtd-740306?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-macs-custom-tie-downs&gclid=CNCG0sqx5NMCFUlNfgodUGEH-A

PrairieSpyder
05-10-2017, 08:05 AM
This looks similar but I don't know how the tire is clamped in. The description doesn't show.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mtd-740306?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-macs-custom-tie-downs&gclid=CNCG0sqx5NMCFUlNfgodUGEH-A

Thanks, Mac. Did they name those for you? ;)

I would order those except for the price and they couldn't ship until mid-June.

billybovine
05-10-2017, 08:34 AM
I have the Spyderclamps and I do like them, but they were very expensive. Also no longer made. I see by Mac's post someone else is going to made a similar product but again expensive. If I was going to do it again I would use a E track ATV tie down chock kit on the front wheels.

jaherbst
05-10-2017, 08:51 AM
Patty, I have the Super/Spyder Clamps and they are great. Ask anyone who has them and they will tell

you they are well worth the money. I paid $365 plus shipping direct from factory in Canada.

Jack

billybovine
05-10-2017, 08:54 AM
Patty, I have the Super/Spyder Clamps and they are great. Ask anyone who has them and they will tell

you they are well worth the money. I paid $365 plus shipping direct from factory in Canada.

Jack

But again they don't make them anymore.

DGoebel
05-10-2017, 08:54 AM
BillyBovine, Regarding the E track ATV tie down chock kit Nice simple elegant solution, fairly inexpensive too.

billybovine
05-10-2017, 09:11 AM
BillyBovine, Regarding the E track ATV tie down chock kit Nice simple elegant solution, fairly inexpensive too.

Not a new idea by me. Others have posted about this system. I just think it is a good idea.

MikeT
05-10-2017, 09:40 AM
I have the Spyderclamps and I do like them, but they were very expensive. Also no longer made. I see by Mac's post someone else is going to made a similar product but again expensive. If I was going to do it again I would use a E track ATV tie down chock kit on the front wheels.

I saw these on a 2-Spyder hauling open trailer @The Best Western Coach House Plus. This kit can be found on-line for between $32.00-$70.00

PrairieSpyder
05-10-2017, 09:43 AM

This would be a possibility. Two concerns:

Would this method be secure enough against lateral forces?
How difficult is it to get the straps over the tires with the fenders so close?

Opinions, please.

cheska
05-10-2017, 11:45 AM
This would be a possibility. Two concerns:

Would this method be secure enough against lateral forces?
How difficult is it to get the straps over the tires with the fenders so close?

Opinions, please.
I have this system for my UTV and it works great. For the Spyder Trailer I put one Tie down hook in front and behind the spyders front tires. Then I just use the strap over each front tire. I also use a strap around the hitch on the Spyder (instead of thru the back tire) to stabilize any other movement. Putting the strap on between the tire and fender takes a little concentration as there is not much space between tire and fender but with a open trailer its not bad. Wife usually does it as she has smaller hands. We have traveled thousands of miles with no mishaps. But I have had one front tire strap work loose and so I check often. I think I don't get them tight enough at first. But even with one strap loose the spyder never moved. I have been looking at tire basket straps (Google them) they look like the better way to go but I worry they may be to large for the spiders tires.
Sorry I don't have any pictures. As others have said this is a cheaper way to go and works great. Good luck. We will be at the 10th if anyone want to see in person. Bob

Mazo EMS2
05-10-2017, 02:32 PM

You really don't even need the kit. Just buy some good d-rings and install them in the deck of your trailer so one is directly behind, and one is directly in front of the tires. Then put a strap over the center of the tire as shown and cinch it down. Cheap, fast, and easy.