PDA

View Full Version : To Do or Not Do, is it the question?

TheCajun1957
05-07-2017, 07:04 AM
I recently purchased the wrap my spyder walnut burl dash kit. Before I attempt to install, I started having seconds thoughts! :yikes: Who has a dash kit and what do you think of it? :shocked: How does it stand up over time? :dontknow: Once installed, if its damaged or I get tired of the look, can it be removed later, without damage to the paint? nojoke How about some pics if you have the dash kit installed on your :spyder2:.

Ex-Rocket
05-07-2017, 09:12 AM
I don't have one of Pete's wrap, but once it is installed it can be easily removed and the paint will not be affected. But I think you will love the new look of your :spyder2:

TheCajun1957
05-07-2017, 09:24 AM
I don't have one of Pete's wrap, but once it is installed it can be easily removed and the paint will not be affected. But I think you will love the new look of your :spyder2:

I didnt get a "wrap", I got the dash kit which is a bit diffrent.

Chupaca
05-07-2017, 09:35 AM
Can you set it in place and see how you like it..? Most stick-on's are removable but not always re-usable. Pete's products are quality and very durable so it would be your choice...he has pictures of it installed I'm sure...good luck and pictures when your done....:dontknow:

TheCajun1957
05-07-2017, 10:37 AM
Can you set it in place and see how you like it..? Most stick-on's are removable but not always re-usable. Pete's products are quality and very durable so it would be your choice...he has pictures of it installed I'm sure...good luck and pictures when your done....:dontknow:

Yes it is a very high quality product, just wondering about others opinions on how they like the dash kit, good points and bad points if any. Any troubles they may have had.

mrfats
05-07-2017, 10:38 AM
I have Wrap My Spyder's carbon fiber dash inserts. Almost 5 yrs old. Look like new. I think they were in 13 different pieces. Fit perfectly! Mine inserts are silver, Spyder is Optical Blue.

Bob Denman
05-07-2017, 10:44 AM
Since you got the Dash Kit: you don't need to worry at all about damaging any paint...
But even the wraps, and the adhesive residue; can be removed without much trouble at all! :thumbup:

R FUN
05-07-2017, 12:00 PM
I have the carbon fiber dash kit and love it ,it is silver on a white bike. There was no problem installing but make sure everything is aligned as lifting it off again would be nearly impossible. It has been on 5 years and no problems.
Roger

ARtraveler
05-07-2017, 02:09 PM
I drooled over the various combinations and almost ordered a couple of times. What held me off was the fact that I would not be a good installer. For me, that was the killer.

Others have said that they come off easy if you change your mind. As a farkle, they beautify the :spyder2:. Extra value for resale--probably not. The new person may not like the walnut.

You have already made step one and purchased the kit. Step two, install it or put it up for sale. It is in your court again. :thumbup: