PDA

View Full Version : IBA ride 48 states plus Alaska in 10 days

CMA/IBA_rider
05-05-2017, 04:17 PM
This year IBA ride we are going to try all 48 states plus Alaska in 10 days. I have already done all 48 states in 10 days on two wheels. This will be the first time I am pulling a camper behind the bike on an IBA ride. The tracking will not start till May 19th on my way to the start We are starting at Wisconsin line.

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=1408c59009ea94f614

DGoebel
05-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Whooo hooo Kudo's and best wishes on your 48 States Plus! IBA ride!

I plan to do my first IBA SS1K on July 5th with the IBR RIDE IN SADDLESORE 1000 group coming up to meet the 2017 Iron Butt Rally riders at the end of their 11k in 11 days.

This IBR RIDE IN SS1K merges together SW of Chicago where several starting points gradually join in, crosses Iowa, up to the SE corner of SD, then back to SC MN and up to end on the 5th (or 2 AMish on the 6th) in Faribault, MN about a block from my home.
I've already got my reverse leg approved to meet with that group at their lunch stop on the 5th, and ride the remainder of the route back home.
I'm hoping at least one other buddy from here will be joining me, and we'll be headed up to the end of the 10 day IBR to greet the folks finishing in Minneapolis.

CMA/IBA_rider
05-05-2017, 04:58 PM
First thing. Thank You for your Service. The motorcycle touring forum is a good place to go for a long-distance riding information.

Road-Kill
05-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Best wishes but 1000 miles a day for 11 days would leave me monkey butt and crying. My max to day has been 750 miles on another ryde and that left me exhausted. Good Luck.

Bfromla
05-05-2017, 05:39 PM
This year IBA ride we are going to try all 48 states plus Alaska in 10 days. I have already done all 48 states in 10 days on two wheels. This will be the first time I am pulling a camper behind the bike on an IBA ride. The tracking will not start till May 19th on my way to the start We are starting at Wisconsin line.

:shocked::dontknow: That may be a nice achievement but kinda defeats enjoying the pleasure of scenery :( I guess
Im the "stop & smell the roses type" :p But I have always found more to enjoy along the way, most are not listed as tourist spots, yes the trips get longer & so do the stories about the trips. nojoke Here's one particular unexpected find was closed for season when I was there, but I personally am fascinated with caves & even tho I could not take regular tour I found something to come back for. :firstplace:

kickinbar
05-05-2017, 09:08 PM
WHY???

SpyderAnn01
05-05-2017, 09:11 PM
Good for you!! Joe and I have thought about the 48 state trip but I'm not completely sold on the idea yet.

ARtraveler
05-05-2017, 09:11 PM
Good luck on your ride. My max these days is around 300 miles per day. But, it does beat sitting at home wishing that I was riding. :yes::yes:

CMA/IBA_rider
05-06-2017, 12:50 AM
8500 miles Wisconsin to Hyder Alaska147264

PrairieSpyder
05-06-2017, 07:50 AM
8500 miles Wisconsin to Hyder Alaska147264

I was wondering how you'd get Alaska into the mix. I can tell you from experience, the rid from Montana through Banf and Jasper will be slow, and probably bumper-to-bumper and that route goes through the national parks. But the good news is that you'll have some magnificent views while you're sitting in traffic.

PistonBlown
05-06-2017, 07:25 PM
WHY???

I can't speak for CMA/IMB_Rider but for me this there are several advantages:

Firstly I'm happiest when I'm in that perfect state of oneness with the bike, road and landscape. Bfromla mentions 'defeats enjoying the pleasure of scenery' but to me its the opposite, I can vividly remember the landscapes from rides I did years ago far more than other trips. I also remember the smells of peat in the Wicklow Mountains in Ireland, crushed lemons in on the road in Southern France, resin in the forests in Finland or the salt and heather of Cornwall in the UK.

Secondly before proper jobs and families a mate and I would do casual work for a few months to save up money and then take long trips on our bikes until the money ran out. However those days are long gone and the amount of riding time I get now is minimal. I also can't even use my Spyder for commuting now as I have to give my daughter and two friends a lift to school. For that reason when I do get a chance I want to fit in as much riding as possible. Endurance Rallies do exactly that, and with the added advantage that the pre-planning involved helps extend the enjoyment to times when you can't ride.

Thirdly I don't enjoy what I call 'Sunny Sunday Rides'. To me a journey has to have a clear purpose and ideally a deadline. This is why I sometimes struggle with organized group rides as they stop way too often for my liking:-)

IdahoMtnSpyder
05-06-2017, 10:13 PM
More power to you, CMA/IBA_rider! I don't know how on earth you're going to accomplish it, but I won't say you can't!

I'm looking at an average of around 400/day to go to Homecoming and working hard to psych myself to do that!

PrairieSpyder
05-07-2017, 08:01 AM

How many miles per day do you estimate you'll do? How many hours of sleep per day?

Large1
05-07-2017, 09:27 AM
How many miles per day do you estimate you'll do? How many hours of sleep per day?
His ride is 8500 mile that's 850 per day average, If he stays with it he can do that and still get sleep, That is limiting time at gas stops and any other stops he may make.
My self I set the end of day destination and ride for that destination if it 900 miles its gas stops only it its 300 will that a screw off day. Tail of the Dragon to Boise ID 3 days, Boise ID to Houma LA 2 1/2 days, New York to Boise 3 days, Anchorage AK to Seattle 3 days (this one was harder because of the Speed limit) I set the Criuse at 75 and stop again for fuel. The ride up to Alaska took 7 days but I had 7 days till the wife flew in so I took my sweet old time like a side trip to Chicken (Everyone need to stop at Chicken) spent a couple hours looking at the Sign Post Forest
All in all it he stays with it he will do just what he sets out to do.

I wish him will on this one.
PS on my trips I ride Sun up to Sun Down ( the Alaska trip was in mid June so much for the Son Down part)
PSS Some like to smell the Roses I like to Smell the Lemons ( Lemon Pledge on my wind shield)

Dustoff
05-07-2017, 10:13 AM
Anno1, As much as you and Joe ride you could probably do it in reverse. (gear that is) :yes::yes::yes:

CMA/IBA_rider
05-08-2017, 12:26 PM
First three days we are going to push it hard. We have quite a few plans stops along the way to take pictures. And enjoy riding Wolf Creek Pass on our way to Four Corners. Everything set up to get the back tire changed on David's Honda. Time management is a lot to do with long distance endurance riding.

Pirate looks at --
05-09-2017, 09:49 AM
If you include Alaska, wouldn't that be 49, states?

ARtraveler
05-09-2017, 11:37 AM
I was wondering how you'd get Alaska into the mix. I can tell you from experience, the rid from Montana through Banf and Jasper will be slow, and probably bumper-to-bumper and that route goes through the national parks. But the good news is that you'll have some magnificent views while you're sitting in traffic.

Here is Hyder AK.

http://home.earthlink.net/~bishoprl/mc/graphics/040531_Hyder_PrRupert_286mi_map.gif (http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrTcXVinBRUhacASYujzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBpcGszamw 0BHNlYwNmcC1pbWcEc2xrA2ltZw--/RV=2/RE=1410665699/RO=11/RU=http%3a%2f%2fhome.earthlink.net%2f~bishoprl%2fm c%2frpt0405_south.htm/RK=0/RS=O8e0R3zb3lbAnrVbfyyxfqY5dqY-)

bscrive
05-09-2017, 02:11 PM
Good luck, but I have never understood the 'want' to do something like this. After about 500 miles in a day I start to get tired, especially if I have been riding interstates or 400 highways here in Canada.

To me, this is a dangerous thing to do just to try to prove something to yourself, or others. You need to be so much more aware when riding a bike that you become more a danger than anything else when you start to get tired. Couple that with the high speed you will be doing and that is a recipe for problems.

I don't see any fun in something like this. I hope you take a more leisurely ride back.

Have fun.

Large1
05-09-2017, 04:57 PM
Long distance riding is not for everyone, Just because one person can't ride like that doesn't mean someone else can't.
I see people saying I only Ride 300,400,500 or anywhere in between, Let just take the 300 mile day, I'm up early Fueled up and ready to ride open road speed limit is 75, I hit the road set the cruise at 75 ride till I need fuel Say 150 miles stop fuel short break and do another 150 that 300 miles If you started out say 7:30 A.M. it is now only around noon. Is that the end of the days ride not for some of us and we may still have 8 + hours of daylight left.
When I ride long distance I do it just that way ride tank to tank with a short break between but I do that all day long so 750 miles can be done in about 11 hours and a few time I have just did another two tanks some time around 15 hours still give me time to eat and get some sleep before doing it again the next day.

That is just when I want to get somewhere other times I may spend most of the day looking for some roses to smell

DGoebel
05-09-2017, 05:03 PM
Here, Here Large1, I have two to three planned IBA events this year to get started, have already started building up my long distance stamina, why, BECAUSE I think I CAN! And I'm doing it with a buddy who's always wanted to do one as well. Our final test run will be the SmackDab Summer Solstice run on Jun 24th, then one a month after that... I am looking forward to them, all of them are in areas I've driven many a time in trucks and well as on bikes. BECAUSE I THINK I CAN! won't know till I try.
I've heard some folks ONLY ride on sunny days too, what an adventure they're missing.

CMA/IBA_rider
05-11-2017, 08:44 PM
We have changed the route a little bit. Going into Canada from Washington. We are doing the flower sniffing thing coming back home. Going up to Watson Lake Yukon. Staying in Canada all the way back to Ontario. Coming back into the states in the UP of Michigan. Long-distance riding is not for everybody. It doesn't make you less of a biker. My two wheel friend and I are truck drivers. We make our living with our drivers license. We do not run crazy. A lot of fun of these rides of this magnitude is the planning. We have been planning this trip for a year. We have been getting our bikes ready and the campers we are pulling all winter long. Now it's time to do it. You can follow us on our spot Walla page. The link will not start up in till the 19th

DGoebel
05-11-2017, 08:49 PM
Looking forward to following your ride!

CMA/IBA_rider
05-21-2017, 04:32 PM
We are running about 5 hours behind schedule. Hit one of New York's speed bumps in the middle of the Highway and broke the tongue off for the trailer. I got it fixed and now we're in a traffic jam going into New York City. Good thing no rain. Jerry

PrairieSpyder
05-21-2017, 05:48 PM
I wonder why you started on the west side of NY state?

CMA/IBA_rider
05-22-2017, 05:41 AM

The spot wall of page breaks it up in days. After we are finished it will have the complete route.

Many brands
05-22-2017, 09:38 AM
Good luck to you. Not my idea of fun. Not my idea of being safe. But again - be safe, be happy.

pegasus1300
05-22-2017, 12:31 PM
You are chugging right along. Glad the trailer malfunction didn't cause any more then a little time loss. Good. DGoebel what are you going to build up for your rides. How do you "get in shape" for this?

Pirate looks at --
05-22-2017, 02:53 PM
We just had our Ride in April Certified for the SS1000 Mile in California! They even have a unique patch for rides completed in California!:yes: As for training, we took several long rides prior to our Iron Butt to help build stamina. We have also spent a lot of time in the Gym to just get in shape so that the toll paid of just getting tired was not that great. The key is planning the route and time. You want to travel on interstates and state highways as much a service possible, avoid road construction zones, plan your gas stops at about 100 miles or so. Also pack all the food and beverages you will need. This really cuts down on the length of your stops. We made sandwiches and ate a half when we got hungry. Our stops were never longer than 20 minutes. BTW, we had plenty of time to see the sites wherever we went, and it was a blast!148078this was the half way point! Colorado River in the background.

Abbot Spyder
05-22-2017, 07:05 PM

Good for you, I did the 48 10 2 years ago, and I just completed the 4 corners tour, Awesome ride enjoy and be safe.

DGoebel
05-22-2017, 10:27 PM
You are chugging right along. Glad the trailer malfunction didn't cause any more then a little time loss. Good. DGoebel what are you going to build up for your rides. How do you "get in shape" for this?
Pegasus1300, If I was 20 again, I'd have just hopped on the Spyder and done it... but at 59 I had to plan ahead a little more...<G> the IBA website (http://www.ironbutt.com/) http://www.ironbutt.com/ Has a nice FAQ area where they have a lot of tips for newbies like me. Most Notably is the Archive of Wisdom : 26 Tips and Techniques from IBR Veterans (http://www.ironbutt.com/aow.cfm)
Started riding 200 mile Saturdays, working up doing longer and longer days, decafinating (SP?) and hydrating. Working up with doing the Smackdab ride in June where we'll do 675 Miles sunup to sundown, but over 1700 miles in three days. That's 2 weeks before we try our first IBA SS1K on July 5th.

Check the Rides section https://www.ironbutt.org/rides/ they list the different rides / lengths Where for example the link to the Saddlesore/BunBurner rides (http://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/ssseries/) then has further details.
I also went and just did a search for Preparing for an Iron Butt Saddlesore 1000 ride and found many links like http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/what-i-learned-riding-1000-miles-on-a-motorcycle-in-24-1719287134
As well as Saddlesore 1000 Tips from a pro (http://www.ridergroups.com/2026/so-you-want-to-do-a-saddle-sore-1000/) (Time Management, Time Management, Time Management)
and Ride Ct's Preparing for an Iron Butt article (http://ride-ct.com/preparing-for-an-iron-butt-ride/)

If after all this learning, working up to it, I'm not in shape, then I'm just gonna curl up and sleep it off, and try again... 'Cause I want to...:yikes:

pegasus1300
05-22-2017, 11:09 PM
It is something I have thought about too for years but if I don't do it soon,I wont be able to. Thanks for the tips and links.

Pirate looks at --
05-22-2017, 11:35 PM
Don't tell anyone but, especially on a Spyder, it's not all that hard!:clap:

CMA/IBA_rider
05-23-2017, 02:24 AM

Or truck drivers we spend a lot of time behind the wheel. But this is for fun

pauly1
05-23-2017, 07:15 AM
I have had a BB Gold planned for a couple of years: 1500 in 24 hours. Plan is to do it on my 2-wheeler as less energy would be needed. Challenge is to plan the dark riding to reduce critter conflict probability and benefit from sun angle management.

God luck with your 48 10.

Pirate looks at --
05-23-2017, 07:25 AM
I am curious as to why you believe that there is less energy expended on a two wheeler? It would seem to me the other way around. The spyder allows you to not be concerned about certain hazards on the road and you don't have to hold it up when you do stop. The BB is next for us as well, don't know if we could doo the gold though. Sure we could!!:yes::yes: Good luck on your BB1500!

TomG
05-23-2017, 08:05 AM
Don't tell anyone but, especially on a Spyder, it's not all that hard!:clap:

I bought my 1st cycle (a Spyder RTL) in Jul 2012 (71 years old at the time). I joined a group IBA 1000/24 ride the following Nov. In my case, I was more concerned about the physical aspects than the mental aspects. I was fairly confident that staying awake would not be a major challenge for me, having done that hundreds of times before retiring. But I really had no idea what it might be like staying on the back of the Spyder for that long. I also had some concerns with the idea of riding with such a large group (30-40). turns out this was a none issue within a few hours into the ride.

I was the last one to arrive at the finish point. 6 or 7 two wheels had gotten there 10 or 15 minutes before me, and were standing around discussing the ride. What was so interesting though is that they all seemed to be exhausted and sore, but I was not. After being off the Spyder for a minute or so, I was not even stiff.

That big difference was the result of the Spyder, not me. The anxiety I had felt before the start was for nought. I almost felt that I had cheated by riding the Spyder instead of a 2 wheeler.

Tom

south GA Farm Boy
05-23-2017, 08:37 AM
Guys,
That sounds like fun, I know you can do it, but as you get older as I have, you will learn to slow down and take time to smell the roses along the way!
First, I am concerned that my new Spyder's reliability being good enough to make such a long trip! Second, what each day's long ride would drain out of my body! This is my second Spyder, and I am still concerned over riding too far from my home or the Dealership! I have always rode Yamaha's and Harley's and would go thousands of miles with no concerns of bike failure, but on this site, I see so many problems others are having and the problems I am having with this new 2016, that I have a real concern over Spyder's reliability! I have ask for help thru the Dealer and personally to BRP with no response! We are leaving on a 4 day Memorial Day trip this Friday to the mountains of GA, NC, and TN. I hope things go well and I will feel better about my Spyder! I know all brands have their problems, go to their forums and you can read about them, but I have never had a problem with them, and I am with this new Spyder!
I hope you have a wonderful and save trip that you can report on when you return! Save riding, we all on the site care about you!!

Pirate looks at --
05-23-2017, 09:00 AM
Guys,
That sounds like fun, I know you can do it, but as you get older as I have, you will learn to slow down and take time to smell the roses along the way!
First, I am concerned that my new Spyder's reliability being good enough to make such a long trip! Second, what each day's long ride would drain out of my body! This is my second Spyder, and I am still concerned over riding too far from my home or the Dealership! I have always rode Yamaha's and Harley's and would go thousands of miles with no concerns of bike failure, but on this site, I see so many problems others are having and the problems I am having with this new 2016, that I have a real concern over Spyder's reliability! I have ask for help thru the Dealer and personally to BRP with no response! We are leaving on a 4 day Memorial Day trip this Friday to the mountains of GA, NC, and TN. I hope things go well and I will feel better about my Spyder! I know all brands have their problems, go to their forums and you can read about them, but I have never had a problem with them, and I am with this new Spyder!
I hope you have a wonderful and save trip that you can report on when you return! Save riding, we all on the site care about you!!
Well we only went 500 miles away, and then came back. There were only 3 of us and we were all on Spyder so. I am sure that this trip coming up for you will put confidence back in you and you will feel better about your ryde!

Pirate looks at --
05-23-2017, 09:02 AM
I bought my 1st cycle (a Spyder RTL) in Jul 2012 (71 years old at the time). I joined a group IBA 1000/24 ride the following Nov. In my case, I was more concerned about the physical aspects than the mental aspects. I was fairly confident that staying awake would not be a major challenge for me, having done that hundreds of times before retiring. But I really had no idea what it might be like staying on the back of the Spyder for that long. I also had some concerns with the idea of riding with such a large group (30-40). turns out this was a none issue within a few hours into the ride.

I was the last one to arrive at the finish point. 6 or 7 two wheels had gotten there 10 or 15 minutes before me, and were standing around discussing the ride. What was so interesting though is that they all seemed to be exhausted and sore, but I was not. After being off the Spyder for a minute or so, I was not even stiff.

That big difference was the result of the Spyder, not me. The anxiety I had felt before the start was for nought. I almost felt that I had cheated by riding the Spyder instead of a 2 wheeler.

Tom
Agree Tom, we ended our SS1000 50 miles from home, and the last 50 was as easy as the first. The key is planning!

AeroPilot
05-23-2017, 09:52 AM
Enjoying the live map and your progress around the country! I am especially impressed with how you ride that GREEN motorcycle backwards;). I look forward to when you can start riding frontways from the west coast to east:clap: Good travels and enjoy your accomplishments!!

DGoebel
05-23-2017, 10:07 AM
CMA/IBA Rider, keep plugging away:clap:, I've seen you're taking about 5 hour nighttime rests. Have you been making reservations for sleep stops, or are you just picking a camping spot along the way?

SPYD3R
05-23-2017, 10:41 AM
BUT WHY....??????????
i have never been able to wrap my mind around something like this... all one sees is pavement.... i find it more beneficial to take my time, and view the surrounding areas... YES, i would love to say i rode all of the 48 States, but in my book, it would take me 48 weeks...
however, that said; BEST OF LUCK on your journey, and most of all, ride safely....
to each their own...
Dan P
SPYD3R

pauly1
05-23-2017, 10:57 AM
BUT WHY....??????????
i have never been able to wrap my mind around something like this... all one sees is pavement.... i find it more beneficial to take my time, and view the surrounding areas... YES, i would love to say i rode all of the 48 States, but in my book, it would take me 48 weeks...
however, that said; BEST OF LUCK on your journey, and most of all, ride safely....
to each their own...
Dan P
SPYD3R

That fits into the cliche "if you have to ask why, you wouldn't understand". If you're looking at pavement, you'll be hypnotized. Look around. There's plenty of time. There's so much more to see and experience.

My personal best is 1100 mi in 17 hours at a relatively relaxed pace. Those of enjoy the challenge.

DGoebel
05-23-2017, 10:58 AM
Dan P, SPYD3R, apparently you haven't been reading this thread since it's beginning, if you do, you'll likely understand the OP's and others answers to your own question (Which was also asked earlier by kickinbar).
Why would someone buy a Spyder and only drive it around town, never taking it on a journey, some do just that and they're happy.

CMA/IBA_rider is happy, just as happy planning this exceptional journey (Many, many riders wouldn't be able to even figure out the route let alone do the task) as he is taking the journey. He's planned in photo opportunities and likely will complete his mission.

It IS his thing and I (merely one of 60,000+ IBA folks) aspire to try a smidgen of his long distance multi-day, multi-state in my retirement years. Because we want to and believe we CAN.

Ride ON CMA/IBA_rider, Ride On, or as Matt says Ride On, Ride On, Ride On........

Brentc
05-23-2017, 11:20 AM
Im jealous that I cant be out there with you, keep the posts coming!

safecracker
05-23-2017, 11:53 AM
You are doing a great job. Bruce

SPYD3R
05-23-2017, 12:11 PM
Dan P, SPYD3R, apparently you haven't been reading this thread since it's beginning, if you do, you'll likely understand the OP's and others answers to your own question (Which was also asked earlier by kickinbar).
Why would someone buy a Spyder and only drive it around town, never taking it on a journey, some do just that and they're happy.

CMA/IBA_rider is happy, just as happy planning this exceptional journey (Many, many riders wouldn't be able to even figure out the route let alone do the task) as he is taking the journey. He's planned in photo opportunities and likely will complete his mission.

It IS his thing and I (merely one of 60,000+ IBA folks) aspire to try a smidgen of his long distance multi-day, multi-state in my retirement years. Because we want to and believe we CAN.

Ride ON CMA/IBA_rider, Ride On, or as Matt says Ride On, Ride On, Ride On........

on the contrary DG.... i've done multiple X-countries, and leaving July 10th on another.... i've put 36,000+ MILES of SMILES on my '15 F3 since March of '15, and have well over 100,000 miles on SPYD3RS.... so i'm NOT sitting around.... as for not reading all the threads here... yes i have, but like it said initially, I CAN'T WRAP MY HEAD AROUND this type of riding.... irregardless of what others say, think or do, i'm at a loss to come to grips with doing that kind of riding... and as i also said, TO EACH HIS OWN..... i'm thinking that you didn't comprehend my post in it's entirety...
Dan P
SPYD3R

Pirate looks at --
05-23-2017, 12:57 PM
Each person is different. I see the sites from the seat of my motorcycle, and prefer to ryde and not stop! We all have to stop sometime, I just prefer to be moving!

pauly1
05-24-2017, 02:05 PM
Time to let it go SPYD3R.

Wayne

DGoebel
05-24-2017, 09:15 PM
CMA/IBA_rider, Sorry we missed you, had so planned on trying to catch you through SF, SD on up to Fargo, but, my spyder was still in the shop and I didn't get the pickup call until after 1 today. We'll continue to pray for you and your riding partner, safe travels and looking forward to your travellog. Ride On, Ride On, Ride On.:bowdown:

CMA/IBA_rider
05-26-2017, 07:35 AM
8 states to go and around 3,000 miles left. 4 days to do it in. We are just outside Wolf Creek Pass. Plans are checking out four corners and the Bonneville Salt Flats. On our way up to the northern tip of California.

Brentc
05-26-2017, 07:37 AM
WOW, Keep ryding. Loving the thread and pulling for you to make the finish line!

AeroPilot
05-26-2017, 08:57 AM
You should have had some good tail winds coming down I-25 yesterday. Hope you dodged the stormed that rolled through last night and ready for a cool ride over WolfCreek Pass this morning. I stopped at the same rest area yesterday at Colorado City around 11 AM, but missed you by about 12 hours. Good day for riding and Good Luck on the rest of your trip!!

safecracker
05-30-2017, 06:38 AM
Congrats on completing your adventure.

SPYD1
05-30-2017, 06:57 AM
Keep going Forrest, your a stud. While this isn't my kind of riding, as I couldn't physically do it, I applaud you! Be safe and thanks for the good reading.:bowdown:

CMA/IBA_rider
05-30-2017, 09:02 AM
This will show the complete route. https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=1408f5900a5e8c5c42 This was a fun ride. We did have some problems. Day 1 breaking the trailer tongue on the camper. Could not just leave it because that's where my fuel-cell was mounted. Day two David flat spotting front tire in emergency stop. Day 3 realizing I forgot my passport at home. But we were going 30 miles from there and my wife brought it to me. Day 4 we hit a lot of rain. Day 5 we got David's tire fixed and things improved.

DGoebel
05-30-2017, 09:10 AM
CMA/IBA_rider (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?19420-CMA-IBA_rider) and friend

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: Kudos and MANY thanks for sharing the mapping and we enjoyed following along when we weren't riding!

Just did the math and you did the lower 48 in 8 days 12 hours to Coeur d'Alene!

By the way, are you documenting the trip anywhere else with statistics, observations, highlights etc? Curious about things like how far were you able to ride with the Fuel Cell, mileage etc?

PistonBlown
05-31-2017, 05:22 AM
Great job and congratulations.

Also thanks for posting the map with the route.

Abbot Spyder
05-31-2017, 05:30 AM
Good job, congratulation:ani29:

PrairieSpyder
05-31-2017, 06:09 AM
:congrats: on your accomplishment! Thanks for the map.

Brentc
05-31-2017, 06:54 AM
What an awesome thread to follow, thanks for letting us tag along. :thumbup:

CMA/IBA_rider
06-04-2017, 05:33 PM
Like to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It's been fun having your tag along. I made it home Saturday morning. Riding 12,400 miles in 2 week. We've run in some hard rain in Florida and Alabama. Cold temperatures at night in Colorado, Nevada. RT spider performed perfectly pulling the kompact Kamp camper. Now the trip is just a memory. And a certificate on the wall soon. I told 422 pictures throughout the trip. Something happened to my camera and it only can see 42 pictures. My DJI drone messed up on the first day so I did not take it up to get any pictures. Memories sweet memories.

DGoebel
06-04-2017, 06:09 PM
Whoooo Hoooooo, Now I gotta look at a lot a pics! Kudo's on your journey!