PDA

View Full Version : f-3 limited heated seat???

redneck diva
05-03-2017, 10:13 AM
I currently have the 2014 RT Limited, & am thinking of going to the F3 Limited, I have looked & see that it does have the heated grips, does anyone know if it has a heated seat option also?

I love the heated seat on the RT don't want to loose that option........ it looks like it has a more aggressive riding style & I haven't went & tested one yet but am just in the thinking stage.........

thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowd own::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Bob Denman
05-03-2017, 10:21 AM
I don't see one in the 2017 accessories catalog.
But I'm pretty sure that MotorcycleDave could fix you up! :thumbup:

Which color Limited has caught your eye?

redneck diva
05-03-2017, 10:53 AM
I am looking at the black one online, I saw they had heated grips........ & on my Rt the grips & seat are heated together with the same switch, so it couldn't be that had to do if it wasn't an option.

I am wondering if it would be comphy on long rides though compared to the RT ,,,,,,,,, like cross country type rides, hubby has done them in the past & will prob do again this year.

Slowpoke387
05-03-2017, 12:17 PM
Pretty sure the seat is not heated. We are picking up a new leftover 2016 F3L tomorrow am for the wife and ive been scouring the internet about which options they come with. The L def has the heated grips but not the seat from what we have found so far. Also one of the differences ive seen on the 2017's is that the passenger grip handles are heated on those and the 2016 is not.

jcthorne
05-03-2017, 12:22 PM
Heated seat is not available from BRP but is available aftermarket. Russel Day Long offers the option.

I find the F3 FAR more comfortable for LONG rides than the RT ever was.

Pirate looks at --
05-03-2017, 12:35 PM
1.) the limited does have heated grips (only one level though not high and low just on) they are nowhere close to the RT with regards to the level of heat.

2.) The only option for heated seat I see after market.

3.) The Ryding position is much more agressive and the handling is better with a lower center of gravity

4.) If the Ryding is suitable for you (a test drive is a must) it is comfortable for long distance. I just finished an Iron Butt Sadle Sore 1000 (1000 miles in 19.25 hours) on the F3LTD and every mile was enjoyable.

Long and the short of it is you must take a good long test drive to see if the position is comfortable. Also with the stock Windshield the wind is directed almost directly to your hands and to be honest the heated grips don't cut it on a cold day (but I have very sensitive hands). There are some after markets items that you can buy to fix that, like a new Windshield, of the Baker Air Wings.

All and all it is much more fun to ryde. If it fits, buy some heated gloves for cold weather Ryding.

redneck diva
05-03-2017, 12:52 PM
awesome pirate...........

that's exactly hat I needed was someone that has experienced both.

blacklightning
05-03-2017, 01:27 PM
I owned a 2014 RT for 2 1/2 years, and recently decided to sell, and pick up a leftover 2016 F3T. I loaded it with everything on the Limited, except for the floorboards and chrome trim. It is very comfortable, and handles amazing. But if I was to do long rides in various conditions (mostly cold and rainy weather), I would rather have my RT. The RT gives you more wind protection, and just eats up the highway a lot better. Now, with my type of riding, the F3T actually seems to work better because I typically do only about 4-5 trips a year that are above 300 miles. With that being said, I think I will be keeping the F3T for a long time.

redneck diva
05-06-2017, 10:45 AM
thanks for the input,,,,,,,,,,, I normally do shorter rides with the hubby,,,,,,,,, he however does cross country rides. him & buddies go on rides from GA to Oregon GA to Las Vegas GA to Nova Scotia as examples......
they love it & have a blast every time

as he says,,,,,, he is going to ride his bike to a trailer week somewhere.......... hahaha

redneck diva
05-07-2017, 10:48 AM
just went & sat on the Fe limited yesterday & had my little girl (13 yrs old) sit on the back, (she is my riding partner)
she said it didn't feel like there was as much room back there as on the RT limited. does anyone know if the trunk is adjustable to give more room back there. the dealer said it was removable, I don't want it removed just adjusted back 2-3 inches. any ideas or help?????

Firefly
05-07-2017, 04:54 PM
I have the Corbin heated seat on my F3 and it's the first one that really can toast your buns!
that being said, heated gear should be considered. I just got some FirstGear heated gear and it is amazing.

rays hell
05-07-2017, 06:52 PM
I just installed the top case on my 16 F3T. It is not adjustable, A fab shop may be able to make something or
the backrest is pretty thick and may be cut down by an upholsterer.