PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Spyder Spifft Up

Tyris
05-02-2017, 10:56 AM
Yep, got one in my garage as of Saturday, what products are recommended to keep it looking like it did the day we bought it!

odogg1963
05-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Black Diamond detailer from Lamonster Garage is a great product as well as Merlins Blood for the wheels.Don't forget to use micro fiber towels or something similar.

Odogg1963:doorag:

Chupaca
05-02-2017, 11:01 AM
As to your question....there are a myrad of products out there and we all have used many and have a current one. When in a bind you can always pick up pledge at your local market. I am currently using 303 suggested by Jerbear and it is an excellent product. So now you will have to find the one you like ....:gaah:

teninospyder
05-02-2017, 11:16 AM
I find almost any of the "spray on and wipe off" polishes do a fantastic job, and usually "clean up" after a dusty ride beautifully :-)) I especially like the ones that advertise an "icy look" and very high gloss.

d.o.spyder-rts
05-02-2017, 11:19 AM
:congrats:on your spyder and :welcome: to the spyder web. You'll get a variety of responses, you'll have to find out what you like best. As mentioned above, microfiber is the best to use. Dale

pegasus1300
05-02-2017, 01:27 PM
The best way to keep it looking "show room " is to not ride it,but then that's no fun. I use Yamaha Yamahlube spray polish and instant detailer. It works well and can be found at any Yamaha dealer for 6.99 to 7.99. I have used Lamonster's,it works well. I have used Pledge since the 80's to keep my bikes clean and shiny,it works great and is cheap and in every grocery store. I got tired of the lemony scent and all the bees it attracted. So try a few,pretty soon you'll find on that you like. Meguiar's has a great instant detailer,so does Plexus plus about a 100 more. Enjoy.:yes::yes:

Mr. White
05-02-2017, 07:07 PM
I don't know what the wife uses but it sure does look nice..... :yes: