05-02-2017, 09:48 AM
https://youtu.be/mulK8BnPXAY

Bob Denman
05-02-2017, 09:54 AM
:D That's actually a pretty old, and VERY biased video... :banghead:

ARtraveler
05-02-2017, 10:03 AM
That does go back.

The main sticking point for me was the Honda is not a FACTORY machine. Most Honda dealers will not even work on them. They lose their warranty when triked.

From a safety point of view, the Spyder wins hands down. :thumbup:

Chupaca
05-02-2017, 10:36 AM
Nice video but they are different rydes...like comparing a slingshot to a spyder...and as stated above one is factory built the other is a custom build...:lecturef_smilie:

Mr. White
05-02-2017, 10:39 AM
Very interesting and informative. The next time I ride on a steep slope, I will take Mr. Cognac. (I never needed to in the last 69 years of riding) The next time I wish to back up at 20mph for 150', I will take Mr. Cognac. (never needed to as I only need to back 30' out of my barn or 20' out a parking place) When I wish to go to El Paso on IH10 for the 550 miles and cruse at the 80mph speed limit, I will take my Motor Trike, Mr. Orange. The next time I wish to talk on my CB with my riding buddies, I will take Mr. Orange vs the sorry piece of crap CB on Mr. Cognac. The next time I need tires for Mr. Cognac I will buy car tires so they last a while. When I need tires for Mr. Orange I will buy..... oh, I already have car tires and get 45K on them..... just saying..... and the next time I need four bags for a trip, I will take my pickup.....with Mr. Cognac or Mr. Orange in the back.
:clap::yes:

:spyder2:

Mr. White
05-02-2017, 10:45 AM
p.s. I have never needed work on my 2002 Gold Wing by a dealer and changing the oil and filter is easy. I have a man who does it for me and greases the spline as needed for $12. (my oil) I am scheduled to take Mr. Cognac to the dealer Thursday for oil and filter changes. I can not do it easily with my bad knee and have to jack it up, etc. My oil, but it ain't gonna be no $12!! Just saying......

My Honda dealer said he will work on the engine and transmission but not the Motor Trike kit. My Motor Trike friend will work on the kit but has never had to. GW is 15+ years old and conversion is 12.....both bulletproof.

Firefly
05-02-2017, 04:38 PM
What a ridiculous, biased 'pro-Spyder' video. Trying to put custom Spyder bags into a Honda Trike? Of course they'll fit better in the Spyder. I notice he also didn't get into the incredible reliability of the Goldwing engine and drivetrain.

Bob Denman
05-02-2017, 04:56 PM
:agree:
:D CowTown... :D

ARtraveler
05-02-2017, 07:10 PM
Very interesting and informative. The next time I ride on a steep slope, I will take Mr. Cognac. (I never needed to in the last 69 years of riding) The next time I wish to back up at 20mph for 150', I will take Mr. Cognac. (never needed to as I only need to back 30' out of my barn or 20' out a parking place) When I wish to go to El Paso on IH10 for the 550 miles and cruse at the 80mph speed limit, I will take my Motor Trike, Mr. Orange. The next time I wish to talk on my CB with my riding buddies, I will take Mr. Orange vs the sorry piece of crap CB on Mr. Cognac. The next time I need tires for Mr. Cognac I will buy car tires so they last a while. When I need tires for Mr. Orange I will buy..... oh, I already have car tires and get 45K on them..... just saying..... and the next time I need four bags for a trip, I will take my pickup.....with Mr. Cognac or Mr. Orange in the back.
:clap::yes:

My no-repair information comes from the local Honda dealers. Can't say what is happening elsewhere.

ARtraveler
05-02-2017, 07:11 PM
:agree:
:D CowTown... :D

From back in their "glory days."

dwade
05-03-2017, 06:07 PM
From back in their "glory days."

Does Cowtown have a bad rep?

I ask because that is where I bought my Spyder, and it's who I would have service it due to location.
Don

ARtraveler
05-03-2017, 07:11 PM
Does Cowtown have a bad rep?

I ask because that is where I bought my Spyder, and it's who I would have service it due to location.
Don

They do not have a bad rep. Spyderfest started there. Pittbull decided to open his own store in Springfield. The rest is history.