PDA

View Full Version : HOME FROM SPYDERFEST - finally

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-01-2017, 08:57 PM
:D ..... It took me 36 hrs. to drive the 1500 miles to get there and 54 hrs. to get back ( I detoured to see Bob Denman :yikes: ) ....... I'm a physical wreck ..... Those stones and the drugs etc took a lot more out of this 70 year old body than I thought :banghead: ...... It really S*CKS getting OLD ...I don't recommend it :roflblack: .... So avoid it if you can ....... On the plus side, it was interesting waking up my trusty attack dog " MAX " ( see avatar ) ...... who when finally woke up ( it was 1:30 am Mon.) began tearing around the living room like a Tasmanian Devil ......:yikes: :roflblack: :roflblack: ..... at 65 lbs. He easily knocks things over including me :lecturef_smilie::roflblack::roflblack: ...... It's really nice to feel WELCOMED ..... we shared some left-over pizza I brought home .... had a night cap and crashed ....... Max was especially glad because now that I was home He could sleep in a REAL bed ...... I'll be back to chat about other stuff , after some more sleep........... To those who I wanted to meet up with and didn't ( at Spyderfest ) sorry but I still DON'T have a cell phone :banghead: ........ Mike :thumbup:

Bob Denman
05-02-2017, 06:51 AM
:clap: Glad to hear that you got there! :thumbup:

..But not as glad as Max! :D

Yazz
05-02-2017, 07:00 AM
Glad you got home safely!

PrairieSpyder
05-02-2017, 08:32 AM
Welcome home! Who took care of Max while you were gone?

Warlock
05-02-2017, 08:44 AM
:D ..... It took me 36 hrs. to drive the 1500 miles to get there and 54 hrs. to get back ( I detoured to see Bob Denman :yikes: ) ....... I'm a physical wreck ..... Those stones and the drugs etc took a lot more out of this 70 year old body than I thought :banghead: ...... It really S*CKS getting OLD ...I don't recommend it :roflblack: .... So avoid it if you can ....... On the plus side, it was interesting waking up my trusty attack dog " MAX " ( see avatar ) ...... who when finally woke up ( it was 1:30 am Mon.) began tearing around the living room like a Tasmanian Devil ......:yikes: :roflblack: :roflblack: ..... at 65 lbs. He easily knocks things over including me :lecturef_smilie::roflblack::roflblack: ...... It's really nice to feel WELCOMED ..... we shared some left-over pizza I brought home .... had a night cap and crashed ....... Max was especially glad because now that I was home He could sleep in a REAL bed ...... I'll be back to chat about other stuff , after some more sleep........... To those who I wanted to meet up with and didn't ( at Spyderfest ) sorry but I still DON'T have a cell phone :banghead: ........ Mike :thumbup:

Glad you made it home. Hate that we didn't get a chance to meet. Hope there will be another event. When we left Friday morning we drove straight thru. Only 580 miles, but first real long trip for my wife on her Spider since returning back to riding after getting over cancer. Wished the weather would have done better.
David

Machinegunner
05-02-2017, 09:34 AM
Mike, glad you made it home alright. Too bad it was an uncomfortable trip for you. Glad we were able get together and go for a ride, it was great. The dinner for Butch was very nice, too. Good to see Paula again.

cuznjohn
05-02-2017, 09:40 AM
still waiting to hear about the DRUG TEST

ARtraveler
05-02-2017, 10:36 AM
Thank you for the update BlueKnight. Pizza for the dog? I thought they liked Hormel Chili! At least that's what they did on Grumpy Old Men. :roflblack::roflblack:

Chupaca
05-02-2017, 10:44 AM
Glad you made it back safe and sound though tattered and torn...:roflblack: a bit late with the advise about getting old...been there and done that now just hanging in there and milking life....on the open road...:thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-02-2017, 10:59 AM
still waiting to hear about the DRUG TEST I go back next Mon. for follow-up X-rays to make sure they are ALL gone ..... I'm still taking the Flo-max which is the basic chemical fix...... I finally stopped passing tiny pieces on Apr. 20th.......... I still feel the effects of the Flo-max though, it's sort of an energy re-ducer ............... Thanks for asking ........ Mike :thumbup:

safecracker
05-02-2017, 11:04 AM
Mike, glad you made it back ok. Hope you had a great time out at Spyderfest. Get plenty of rest. Say hi to Max for Sue and I. Bruce

Vidman
05-02-2017, 11:29 AM

I have two comments. #1. Very happy you had a safe trip and hope you enjoyed it. #2. "It really S*CKS getting OLD ...I don't recommend it :roflblack:" Well...the alternative is PERMANENT so I don't recommend it. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
05-02-2017, 11:34 AM
:agree: Getting old may truly suck... :shocked:
But it sure beats the heck out of any of the alternatives! :2thumbs:

cuznjohn
05-02-2017, 11:51 AM
right b4 i was told i had prostate cancer over 19 years ago, they tried me on the flomax. g as i can remember, and have taken pills for it. so the first time i took the flomax, i went to sleep, got up to pee, and as soon as i got out of bed, i hit the floor. it dropped my pressure so low my doctor told me to stop taking it

Jeriatric
05-02-2017, 12:23 PM
And it's still raining.

Message from a local.

"There are many major and minor roads closed due to floods. One major road I-44 near Lebanon is closed, as is parts of HWY 60 and 63. There is also serious flooding near Branson with a major bridge closed. Check the roads before your ride here this weekend."

IdahoMtnSpyder
05-02-2017, 06:31 PM

That asphalt overlay sure wasn't stuck down very good, was it!:yikes:

IdahoMtnSpyder
05-02-2017, 06:32 PM
It really S*CKS getting OLD ...I don't recommend it :roflblack:
Sure ain't for the faint of heart, is it? I was telling someone the other day that this getting old is sure getting old! :roflblack:

reissooz
05-02-2017, 09:20 PM
Glad you got home, Mike, and I was very happy that I got a chance to ride with you and Patti, Ron, Frenchie, Michele, Wayne and Kelly. That was a great road to ride on and it truly the only good day for a ride!

BlueRidge
05-02-2017, 09:53 PM
Enough of the complaining about the long ride LOL. Lets hear about how good the show was? I was searching on Youtube hoping to see some great videos of the event and only saw bits and pieces of the setup in the hall and people telling the cameraman where they were fun. As a newbie to Spyders I would like to watch a number of videos to really try to experience it by not being there.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-03-2017, 12:04 AM
Enough of the complaining about the long ride LOL. Lets hear about how good the show was? I was searching on Youtube hoping to see some great videos of the event and only saw bits and pieces of the setup in the hall and people telling the cameraman where they were fun. As a newbie to Spyders I would like to watch a number of videos to really try to experience it by not being there.
" REALLY " .... well my thread / post wasn't written for or to you. It was for my friends to let them know I was home safe. ...................... Please put me on your IGNORE list so my posts will not upset your train of thought :lecturef_smilie: :yikes: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack:............. Mike

OJ UK
05-03-2017, 05:09 PM
Good to hook up with you again, Mike, if only briefly. Hope you feel better soon. :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-03-2017, 07:25 PM
Good to hook up with you again, Mike, if only briefly. Hope you feel better soon. :thumbup:
Thanks OJ,..:yes::yes:...... :agree: .......I knew you were around somewhere and was hoping to run into you :yikes: ( figuratively speaking ) Glad I did, wish I had longer to talk ...... I'm very glad I left early, I heard on the radio, all the way home of how terrible it was getting ....... The stones CURE is pretty debilitating all by itself tho....... very draining ....... But I'm getting more sleep and that helps ....... see you next year :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Peteoz
05-03-2017, 08:58 PM
....... I finally stopped passing tiny pieces on Apr. 20th. ........ Mike :thumbup:

Did you HAVE to post that bit? I now can not get the image of you checking for the tiny pieces out of my head......thanks for nothing, Mike ! 😜😆😆

p.s. Great to hear you made the round trip safely and are on the mend! 👍

Pete