PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Impressed the Big Boys This Weekend

Turtlesplatter
05-01-2017, 10:14 AM
So this weekend wifey and I did a Philly Cheesesteak run to Philadelphia from D.C. with a few friends. She was on her F3 S, I was on my Yamaha R6 (R1 is in the shop due to a cager making a left turn in front of me a few weeks ago :sour:) Two of my buddies were on Harleys and another on a Hayabusa. We all were traveling down Rt 301 at a nice, relaxing speed. After about 45 min of this (mundane) pace, I look up to notice that the stretch of road we were on was so straight you could almost see Canada! Looking out the corner of my helmet, I notice the Hayabusa had broken formation and was next to me. As I expected, the Busa darted off. "(Sigh) Here we go..." I thought to myself. I dropped down two and cracked the throttle. Will not mention the speeds we got up to on this stretch of road, but lets just say it was a very exhilarating speed :lecturef_smilie: Anyway, after a minute or two of this, we decided to slow down and wait for everyone else. As I turned around to check, sure enough, the guys on the Harleys were dots...BUT to my surprise, wifey was only a few yards behind us!! Now, I'm pretty sure (at least I think I am) she wasn't right on our tails, but the fact that she didn't get left was surprising (I was surprised because I didn't think she had it in her...not at the capabilities of the F3)

When we got to a gas stop, before I could get my helmet off, my buddies got of their bikes and started inspecting the Spyder with the look of "What the hell is in there?!?!" :bowdown: I gleefully informed them of the 3 cylinder Rotax engine and the size of it (Wifey does not know the difference from a 10cc or 1330cc) Come to find out, when we all met up and they saw a female on a 3 wheeler, they were all thinking "Sigh...guess we'll have to babysit on this ride today" ...hence the initial chill pace. Needless to say, after that, the remainder of the trip was at a nice brisk speed :yes:

Bob Denman
05-01-2017, 10:36 AM
:D Your story reminds me of a certain Speed Limit sign...

:clap::2thumbs:

BernardD
05-01-2017, 10:58 AM
Bob, did not know that one. Great! Love it.

LateLifeCrisis
05-01-2017, 11:00 AM
So this weekend wifey and I did a Philly Cheesesteak run to Philadelphia from D.C. with a few friends. She was on her F3 S, I was on my Yamaha R6 (R1 is in the shop due to a cager making a left turn in front of me a few weeks ago :sour:) Two of my buddies were on Harleys and another on a Hayabusa. We all were traveling down Rt 301 at a nice, relaxing speed. After about 45 min of this (mundane) pace, I look up to notice that the stretch of road we were on was so straight you could almost see Canada! Looking out the corner of my helmet, I notice the Hayabusa had broken formation and was next to me. As I expected, the Busa darted off. "(Sigh) Here we go..." I thought to myself. I dropped down two and cracked the throttle. Will not mention the speeds we got up to on this stretch of road, but lets just say it was a very exhilarating speed :lecturef_smilie: Anyway, after a minute or two of this, we decided to slow down and wait for everyone else. As I turned around to check, sure enough, the guys on the Harleys were dots...BUT to my surprise, wifey was only a few yards behind us!! Now, I'm pretty sure (at least I think I am) she wasn't right on our tails, but the fact that she didn't get left was surprising (I was surprised because I didn't think she had it in her...not at the capabilities of the F3)

When we got to a gas stop, before I could get my helmet off, my buddies got of their bikes and started inspecting the Spyder with the look of "What the hell is in there?!?!" :bowdown: I gleefully informed them of the 3 cylinder Rotax engine and the size of it (Wifey does not know the difference from a 10cc or 1330cc) Come to find out, when we all met up and they saw a female on a 3 wheeler, they were all thinking "Sigh...guess we'll have to babysit on this ride today" ...hence the initial chill pace. Needless to say, after that, the remainder of the trip was at a nice brisk speed :yes:

1. First of all, great story!

2. From one "Wifey" to another.........

"YOU GO, GIRL!!!" :bowdown:

Bob Denman
05-01-2017, 11:57 AM
Bob, did not know that one. Great! Love it.
It's amazing what you can find out there... nojoke