PDA

View Full Version : Pulling a trailer

I-Day
04-27-2017, 10:24 PM
My dealer mentioned something to me today about "Trailer Mode" when pulling a trailer. Has anyone heard of this? He tried to find it on my dash but then said it wouldn't show up until I plug the trailer in! I have the F3T. Thanks

PrairieSpyder
04-27-2017, 10:35 PM
My dealer mentioned something to me today about "Trailer Mode" when pulling a trailer. Has anyone heard of this? He tried to find it on my dash but then said it wouldn't show up until I plug the trailer in! I have the F3T. Thanks

The pre-2014 RTs had a trailer mode. I'm not sure about the RS and ST models, though. I'm not sure what it actually changed, but, any model with the 1330cc engine has no trailer mode.

I think your dealer needs to get up-to-date on the Spyder features and improvements.:lecturef_smilie:

I-Day
04-27-2017, 10:47 PM
The pre-2014 RTs had a trailer mode. I'm not sure about the RS and ST models, though. I'm not sure what it actually changed, but, any model with the 1330cc engine has no trailer mode.

I think your dealer needs to get up-to-date on the Spyder features and improvements.:lecturef_smilie:

ThankYou!

loisk
04-28-2017, 12:13 AM
Spot on.
Triples don't need trailer mode as they have a different type of clutch.

On the twins, st and rt, trailer mode essentially forces gear changes at higher revs to protect the clutch.

If people have an Rs without trailer mode, just keep revs high on gear changes (ie above 3500)

At least that's what I always understood on my Rs, st and f3s.

Centrifugal vs hydraulic clutch springs to mind...

Peter Aawen
04-28-2017, 12:41 AM
That's pretty much it in a nut-shell Loisk! :thumbup:

al0vely
04-28-2017, 02:21 AM
Not sure that is a good dealer to buy from or if you talked to the least informed salesperson.

This forum is often the best resource for fact checking.