PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Balancer

I-Day
04-27-2017, 08:56 AM
I have only had my new F3T but have already discovered how to "Farkle". Had it laser aligned and put on the Bajaron Swaybar this week. My question is what are your thoughts of wheel balancer. I know LaMonster is a major advertiser on this forum and I have already purchased several items from them and have been VERY HAPPY with their products and service. Again any thoughts on the new wheel balancer?

Bob Denman
04-27-2017, 09:07 AM
Check out this thread, and see if it helps you to "Pull the trigger"!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?103788-LaSmoother!

Chupaca
04-27-2017, 09:14 AM
They have had some good reviews and Lamont tests all the products he sells. I would say you can't go wrong...:thumbup:

I-Day
04-27-2017, 09:16 AM
Does the Farkling ever stop? I'm going to ask a dumb question! I am so new to the Spyder world that if I wanted to jack up the front of my F3T and put Jack stands under the A arms where is the safest place to put the Jack?

Bob Denman
04-27-2017, 09:22 AM
There are only two known cures for "Farkleosis": :shocked:
1.Bankruptcy
2. Death at the hands of an enraged Spouse...

If it gets to this point:

You might want to reconsider your priorities... nojoke

Highwayman2013
04-27-2017, 09:31 AM
I have only had my new F3T but have already discovered how to "Farkle". Had it laser aligned and put on the Bajaron Swaybar this week. My question is what are your thoughts of wheel balancer. I know LaMonster is a major advertiser on this forum and I have already purchased several items from them and have been VERY HAPPY with their products and service. Again any thoughts on the new wheel balancer?

It's actually Lamonster's forum.

Highwayman2013
04-27-2017, 09:32 AM
Does the Farkling ever stop? I'm going to ask a dumb question! I am so new to the Spyder world that if I wanted to jack up the front of my F3T and put Jack stands under the A arms where is the safest place to put the Jack?

Under the frame in the middle.

AeroPilot
04-27-2017, 10:30 AM

You are right to get a stable surface if getting the bike up that high. Be aware that metal on metal can slip easily. A motorcycle jack can lift the spyder evenly if positioned under the main frame member. If you are lifting just the front a little to change tires, a 6" x 6" plywood or OSB pad can help bridge and grip the A-arm with a floor jack. I haven't had our F3T up over 10" but would try to lift it evenly to work on a swaybar, etc, and then make sure to stabilize it with stands and gripper pads. Depends on what you're doing and how high you need it. Make sure its stable before sliding under!!

AeroPilot
04-27-2017, 10:57 AM
Here is what I use for lower lifts/tire changes etc. 146922146923146924