PDA

View Full Version : I hope U can bear to watch this?

Cavman
04-26-2017, 07:31 PM
https://m.wimp.com/if-youve-ever-wondered-just-how-big-a-kodiak-bear-is/

Chupaca
04-26-2017, 07:37 PM
That is one big bear...and one lucky couple doing great work..:clap:

ARtraveler
04-26-2017, 08:27 PM
We have them in the wild here. Not quite as friendly as at the reserve shown on the video.

There was this "bear guy," (Timothy Treadwell) He came to AK every summer and camped out with the bears at Katmai National Park. He would film everything and then go present at schools in the lower 48 during the off season. That was how he made his living. He would sit on the river bank amongst the bears, etc.

He pitched his tent on a well known bear trail. Both he and his girlfriend were eaten alive by the bears.

Beautiful to look at from a distance--IMO.

oldguyinTX
04-26-2017, 09:04 PM
Truly exceptional people to devote their lives to these beautiful animals.

Bob Denman
04-27-2017, 07:14 AM
:shocked: When I see folks hanging around that close to an animal with that much "potential for killing"...
:yikes:

They do great work, and I applaud them for jit :clap:

But the insurance guy inside me; is squirming in his seat. nojoke

cognaccruiser
04-27-2017, 10:40 AM
We have them in the wild here. Not quite as friendly as at the reserve shown on the video.

There was this "bear guy," (Timothy Treadwell) He came to AK every summer and camped out with the bears at Katmai National Park. He would film everything and then go present at schools in the lower 48 during the off season. That was how he made his living. He would sit on the river bank amongst the bears, etc.

He pitched his tent on a well known bear trail. Both he and his girlfriend were eaten alive by the bears. I believe they were Kodiaks.

Beautiful to look at from a distance--IMO.

Timothy Treadwell was living on borrowed time IMO. Sadly he got his girlfriend killed too. It is always a concern for humans when certain wildlife species loose their fear of humans. On the flip side Timothy lost his fear and respect for the brown bears that he loved. Bears are very opportunistic animals and one finally took the opportunity to have a meal.

Over time bears have become one of my favourite animal species to observe in the wild and my wife and I have seen some pretty amazing sights but we will never forget that they are wild animals.

Gary

ARtraveler
04-27-2017, 02:03 PM
Timothy Treadwell was living on borrowed time IMO. Sadly he got his girlfriend killed too. It is always a concern for humans when certain wildlife species loose their fear of humans. On the flip side Timothy lost his fear and respect for the brown bears that he loved. Bears are very opportunistic animals and one finally took the opportunity to have a meal.

Over time bears have become one of my favourite animal species to observe in the wild and my wife and I have seen some pretty amazing sights but we will never forget that they are wild animals.

Gary

:agree: x 2. :bowdown:

Bob Denman
04-27-2017, 02:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfqAW7HX-nc

How could such a "snappy dancer"; ever be dangerous? :D

ARtraveler
04-27-2017, 02:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfqAW7HX-nc

How could such a "snappy dancer"; ever be dangerous? :D

Just go and pet the cubs who are probably watching. :yikes::yikes: :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
04-27-2017, 05:09 PM
Just go and pet the cubs who are probably watching. :yikes::yikes: :roflblack::roflblack:

:shocked: I think that I'll pass on your kind and most generous offer... :D

Machinegunner
04-29-2017, 11:30 AM
My youngest son lives in Palmer, AK. He and his buddy just spent a week on Kodiak bear hunting. Haven't heard if they got any yet.

Machinegunner
05-02-2017, 10:28 AM
I just got an update. My son and his Buddy didn't see any big bears, only ones too small to shoot. He said the weather was terrible. It turned out to a miserable week of doing nothing but drinking, no hunting. But, at least he got to go. Kind of like Spyderfest this year.

Bob Denman
05-02-2017, 10:39 AM
:shocked: So they had to go on a diet while they were up there...
The "Gin & Tonic" diet! :joke:

Machinegunner
05-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Bob, how did you know that is his drink of choice when he is out of Crown Royal.

Bob Denman
05-04-2017, 05:28 PM
:shocked: