PDA

View Full Version : 2012RT GPS

JimV
04-26-2017, 03:34 PM
I have a relatively new to me 2012RT with a Garmin Zumo GPS. I would like to remove the GPS and utilize my cell phone. How do you remove the GPS from the cradel? I can flip the latch on the top but it does not release the GPS. Is there a locking mechanism of some sort??? Tnx

Snowbelt Spyder
04-26-2017, 06:24 PM
Well...if it's the OEM GPS in the OEM mount between the handlebars, you depress and hold in the latch - see arrow in pic attached - and the GPS should pull free from the top first. Is this what you have?

Large1
04-27-2017, 08:53 AM
I have a relatively new to me 2012RT with a Garmin Zumo GPS. I would like to remove the GPS and utilize my cell phone. How do you remove the GPS from the cradel? I can flip the latch on the top but it does not release the GPS. Is there a locking mechanism of some sort??? Tnx
On the Zumo Mount there is a button on the top right side you push in and life out the unit, You said there is a latch on top that you can life it is sounding like the older square faced Zumo, If it is to older one then on the right side of the flip up lever is a small screw that locks the Zumo in place, With that screwed in the flip will still work but will not release the unit small screw driver back it out and flip up and it comes out.