PDA

View Full Version : My First Farkle....sort of :)

Bayouboy
04-26-2017, 03:08 PM
So, a few days prior to purchasing my Spyder, my wife made me assure her that I would be satisfied with the bike as is, and that as soon as I drove it home I wouldn't want to immediately start adding all kinds of extras $$$. Of course I told her that the bike I wanted was fully loaded and I was pretty much good to go with it as equipped. Well, the day I drove it home from the dealer, she sat on it and commented on how comfortable it was. The next statement was, "I need an arm rest, can you buy those?" So, I guess my wife gets the first farkle.:shocked:

Happy wife = Happy life

rmag
04-26-2017, 03:26 PM
To the Spyder web and this great website.

I found farkles are easier to justify when the missus is happy.

Ryde safe and enjoy.

Rich and Rhonda

Bob Denman
04-26-2017, 04:43 PM
When I bought my RT Limited; I explained to the Missus that "limited" stood for "Limited Farkling Opportunities..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSJkMBMEwPk

Seriously: keep your Best-Half happy, and your entire World will seem much brighter! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
04-26-2017, 05:30 PM
I think you covered it by letting the Missus get the first one. :bowdown::bowdown:

Bayouboy
04-26-2017, 06:20 PM
I've heard that when the wife gets "farkle fever", she usually gets her own Spyder😳

Johnny_Swindle
04-28-2017, 03:23 PM
Bayouboy,

I purchased my bike in Houma. Next time I bring it in for service, mind if I give you a shout?

Blue Star
04-28-2017, 10:48 PM
So, a few days prior to purchasing my Spyder, my wife made me assure her that I would be satisfied with the bike as is, and that as soon as I drove it home I wouldn't want to immediately start adding all kinds of extras $$$. Of course I told her that the bike I wanted was fully loaded and I was pretty much good to go with it as equipped. Well, the day I drove it home from the dealer, she sat on it and commented on how comfortable it was. The next statement was, "I need an arm rest, can you buy those?" So, I guess my wife gets the first farkle.:shocked:

Happy wife = Happy life

While my wife knew that I would be getting farkle's for my bike. The first to be installed, note I
said installed, was for her. The SmoothSpyder Dual Backrest.

Bayouboy
05-01-2017, 07:52 AM
Bayouboy,

I purchased my bike in Houma. Next time I bring it in for service, mind if I give you a shout?

That would be cool. It would be nice too hook up with other owners. I haven't met too many around here.

opiewhan
05-01-2017, 09:04 AM

Happy wife = Happy life

My first "farkles" were safety additions.. Extra brake lights, bumpskid, improved anti-sway bar, and anything to keep it on the road better and safer.. Now I can add some bling farkles to them.. Just a little at a time , as i dont want to over-do it with the BLING..You know what i mean..some people gots way to much "crap" wraps and decals etc. and it looks crappy and cheap..good luck..